Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

Re:Is anyone at Big Fish listening to comments in the forums???

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Jan 27, 10 1:00 PM
Bye now.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jan 27, 10 1:12 PM
If you're concerned about BFG hearing your complaints then write directly to them. Not sure what you want is feasible, more challenge with less technical capability on your part but hey I'm just a lowly fishie who can't do a thing for you anyway

P.S. if you do find a distributor with more and better variety let me know.

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Jan 27, 10 1:13 PM
Ouch.... maybe a 3 year old could play some but my DH sure would have problems...

GaPeach1981
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,588 Posts

[Post New]by GaPeach1981 on Jan 27, 10 1:43 PM
I would have to strongly disagree with you because I see moderators replying to these threads ALL THE TIME! Their customer service is unmatched by anyone on the web. Good luck finding another website that is even equal to BF, much less better!

[Post New]by nascar4_9kasey on Jan 27, 10 5:44 PM
Bye! If you think you can get better games that are challenging elsewhere, good luck! I only buy games I know I'll like. BF is the best spot I've found at affordable prices. And BF always listens to what we have to say and help out whenever they can.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jan 27, 10 6:13 PM
Easily I understand all points made above.
Being a BFG member for many years, however, it seems a fact that there have been more poor releases, especially those needing "new build" or "updated version" (aka patch) in the last four months than appeared in all previous years of my being a member!
Still, IMHO BFG customer service remains the best in the industry, and even I am on a new rig and running Win7, seldom do I have any troubles.
Good luck!

Edited on 01/27/2010 at 6:13:28 PM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 27, 10 6:39 PM
We can't expect BF who releases a new game every day, sometimes 2, to have them all top quality games, they distribute what they get and can't make them all themself. And no 2 gamers like all the same games, we all have different difficulty levels. If I find one good game a week anywhere I'm lucky.

True about so many rebuilds and patches, 3 of mine in December had problems on my desktop XP pc but not my laptop Vista. So with more and more bells and whistles in games now, you can't expect everyone's rig to have the same system requirements as they all demand and vary. I have games on my old winME 2000 that won't even run on xp or Vista, but if you have out of date pc with no upgrades you can still find old games cheap that will run. It may be just a matter of upgrading drivers online which is free, or keeping up with MS Windows upgrades you can download free on their site. Or, yes, maybe buy more RAM or newer graphics card, but I would definately write tech help on BF CS (green envelope) to DX your problem. That service is free too.

A newer used pc can be bought quite cheaply too as many upgrade, even give away their "older" computers a year old. Of all the options I hope you can continue to play and enjoy games with or without changes. I'm on a very low fixed income too and have to know my priorities. For me a good running pc and games is very high on my needs list, mainly for health issues and relaxation.

Edited on 01/27/2010 at 6:42:29 PM PST

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Jan 27, 10 8:55 PM
Thank you Puzzledone. I agree.

Plus I have not had any problems with any games that I have demoed and only 1 glitch with one that I have bought that was instantly fixed by customer service. I have a lot of memory but the computer is 2 or 3 years old and my video card is way older than that. I have never even had to go update the driver for the video card. Am running Win XP and find it good and stable.

I believe that it is ok to vote with your feet. But surely yelling "leaving" is only intended to enturbulate and that is not ok.

My 2 cents

Cuddle

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jan 27, 10 10:12 PM
One less cry baby to hear from. Have been a member for over 3 years and have had only a couple of games that I have had trouble with. Customer Service has been wonderful in helping me. They have either helped me fix the problem or in two instances, they gave me new game credits. I just hate to see people complaining just for the sake of complaining.

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Jan 27, 10 11:46 PM
Well, thank goodness BFG don't produce a world-shattering game every time, that's all I can say. I can't afford to splash out over $200 a month plus another hundred for DDs, not to mention all the time it would take to play them....

[Post New]by veronique875 on Jan 28, 10 9:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing.. it is a good thing that games come up of genres I don't play, that other people like. If it was 30 days a month of games I liked I'd be so broke....

Sometimes I like games other people don't; sometimes I don't like games other people do like.

And realize as I'm sure most do that game-makers approach the portals as well as the other way around.

redbaron
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by redbaron on Feb 1, 10 12:41 PM
Has anyone had a problem with this game not saving? got almost to end, lost power and lost everything I had played.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 1, 10 2:14 PM
Hey Fishies!

I can see we've certainly gotten some mixed reviews about this game in this forum, and I just want everyone to know that we really value your opinions and welcome both positive and negative comments. I know that we all need to vent sometimes and that's totally okay, but please keep comments in these forums respectful and constructive to keep with the lighthearted and friendly nature of this community.

Also, if you're experiencing a technical issue with this game the first thing I would suggest is to double check that your machine meets the game requirements and is running up to date versions of both DirectX and its display drivers.

While it's possible that technical issues could be a glitch with the game that our game testers haven't caught yet, it never hurts to double check to make sure your system meets the game requirements and is running the most updated drivers available.

The following help articles will walk you through these updates:

Game Requirements

Unable to Play Downloadable Game

If you're still experiencing a problem, it might be time to contact tech support for some more in depth troubleshooting. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Go to: