Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Revived Book Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 9, 16 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/09/2016 at 6:32:32 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Revived Book Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 9, 16 5:01 AM
Wow! What a great game. This game...has a fantastic story line. The graphics and animations are beautiful. It is a little foggy...but this can depend on individual computers...I'm sure.

All of the collectables are somewhat challenging...and the items can be small and a little hard to find. But, this is what makes games more challenging and much more exciting. IMO. This is a Fantastic game.

I highly recommend this Winner! Don't pass on this great beauty and one of the best games of the year. I'm very excited to add this game to my library. I'm giving this game my best rating...because it has all the bells and whistles, I look for in a game and much more! Great Job to the Developers! Thank you!

Enjoy,
Lisa

I rate this game: "DIVINE FINE SWINE"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Revived Book Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 9, 16 6:33 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Keeper of Antiques: The Revived Book Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Keeper of Antiques: The Revived Book Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Revived Book Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jun 9, 16 2:52 PM
I did not like this game at all. I thought graphics were too small and busy. Objective not clear. And puzzles too easy. Music very annoying. Only played 34min. No buy for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 9, 16 4:49 PM
Hi all! Well, what can I say about this one? Graphics weren't too bad, although a bit fuzzy throughout. Colors were bright, but still a lot of blue, which is very tiring on the eyes. There was something off about the color, but I couldn't put my finger on it. We did have bright lights now and then as well. Yes, we have a helper in the way of "spark," a firey salamander. Fortunately, he is very quiet and is only used now and again. Game play was good, but moved a little slowly. This is an extremely quiet game. Very little character interaction and what there was, was somewhat boring. No emotion or excitement to the voice overs, no music and I could count on one hand how many sound FX we had.

HOPs weren't bad. We had a combination of interactive lists, finding parts of puzzles, restore pictures and compare pictures. Items aren't difficult to find, but they are mixed in quite well. If you don't care for the HOPs, you can switch to a match 3 game. Puzzles are fairly simple, but finding parts can be difficult because of the muted colors. Hint system is helpful, but there is no transport for longer locations. This would be helpful since you are constantly running back and forth to the same locations for one item or another, and have to keep backing up or use the jump map. I got quite bored with returning to the same scenes so many times.

Collectibles are nice. You have 36 puzzle pieces to find and once found, you put them together to get information on certain characters. You also have 33 morphing objects, which are not easy to spot and 33 different collectible items, e.g. records, paintings, music box, etc. There is challenge to finding the collectibles, as they are small and blend into the colors again.

Although the story was interesting, the colors really put me off this game, plus looking at the same scenery so many times got quite boring. It just made the game move very slowly and it was far too quiet for me. Not sure what makes this one an editor's choice, guess their standards are not as high as mine. This game was extremely disappointing for me, so no, I will not be purchasing as a CE. I will give it a try when the SE comes out, but I seriously doubt I will get it even then. I rarely do not recommend a game and try to find something good about it, but the collectibles are all I could come up with.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may like this one. Thanks for the reviews.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 9, 16 9:50 PM
I like everything except it's too spooky which I didn't care for. So am going to pass.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Jun 10, 16 12:31 AM
The game reviews in the forum so far are fantastic and I agree with everything.

That being said: I think some people are going overboard on the review on the main page of the game. I would like to discover things on my own in the game. I personally don't want every game and hop described in the review. Since playing the trial, I could see that one frequent reviewer almost gave the answers away on what to do. I don't mind knowing there are so many hops and so many puzzles, but I don't need to know how to do them. We can find that in the trial and then decide if we want to buy. I think the majority of us try the trial before purchasing. I am glad I didn't read that review first before playing the game. It is almost but not quite a "spoiler"

Just my opinion.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on Jun 10, 16 12:55 PM
I liked playing the trial of this game. The graphics were good, colors were good, the game was logical in that I could usually figure out what to do to accomplish the goal. The Strategy Guide is good, too. I did use it a couple of times to help me get through enough of the game to help make a decision to buy or not. The mini-games seemed a bit easy in the trial but fun and different enough to make them interesting. The HO's were okay and not too many of them in the trial.

I am not a fan of Fear for Sale and Witches Legacy games so would like to know if this game has any occult action and whether it is gory/violent. I did not come across any of that in the trial; the game was just creepy enough to make it interesting! So, if anyone has finished the game, will you please let us know about this? Many thanks!

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

finished game , nothing gory or gross

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jun 11, 16 8:14 PM
I finished the game and the bonus and there is nothing
gory or disturbing or witchy or phobia arousing, this
to Jan1949 or anyone else a little concerned about
dark or creepy games which for that matter are not my own
favorite.
But this one does a rather good job of avoiding going
far into the dark or emphasizing horrendous pain or
evil.

mystine
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mystine on Jun 12, 16 1:42 PM
One of the best games Ive had the pleasure to play! The graphics and music are beautiful. This storyline pulls you in and keeps you engaged. There is a lot to see and do...the HOP are unique and fun and interactive. This is a high quality production with definate replay value and is completely CE worthy. The demo really doesnt do it justice. Once you get into the game itself you are taken from one world to the next on your quest. I dont find this game spooky or dark at all..of course you are helping free people from their nightmares, but it is done more as a suspense...nothing gory or really scary. Fantastic job developers!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 15, 16 6:40 AM
I really enjoyed playing the main game. I liked the story line, thought the graphics were interesting, the music a good background without being intrusive. Directions were clear, and lots of things to find from morphing to puzzle pieces. Great! 4 stars! Then...I got to the bonus game. And now, I'm having the same trouble I've had with every single of the Witch's Legacy games by this developer: looooong lags between scenes (I could go make a snack - answer the phone - perhaps take a walk) and fatal errors every 15 minutes. So, the main game is terrific, and I'll play it again, but the bonus with the lags and errors?

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Jun 15, 16 2:26 PM
I'm with jennsmom on this. I loved the main game but I don't think I'll ever make sense out of the bonus game itself. As for the bonus content, it was severely lacking; I mean, 4 jigsaws of 9 pieces each. Oh, really. This is such a shame because the main game was so very good, I thought.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on Jun 26, 16 8:58 AM
Thank you to kandinsky for your report on the game not being too gory or violent. I like spooky and creepy though! Also, thanks to the other Fishies who posted information on the lagging and lacking in the Bonus. It sounds to me like this will be a buy at the Standard Edition instead of the C.E.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Revived Book Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jul 1, 16 12:32 PM
Meganthedog wrote:I'm with jennsmom on this. I loved the main game but I don't think I'll ever make sense out of the bonus game itself. As for the bonus content, it was severely lacking; I mean, 4 jigsaws of 9 pieces each. Oh, really. This is such a shame because the main game was so very good, I thought.

I agree about the jigsaws, and even more that I had solved all of the jigsaws before the game told me I'd found the last puzzle piece. It appears there are more puzzle pieces than needed for the puzzles, which makes sense since there seem to be a puzzle piece, collectible and morphing object in each scene. On the other hand, I got all the way through the game and bonus game, checking the map all the way to be sure each level indicated all the puzzle pieces/collectibles/morphing objects had been found, but the achievements list claims I'm missing one morphing object. I have no idea where it could be and don't want to play the whole game again in the hopes of finding it. Anyone else have this issue?

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jul 29, 16 1:21 PM
Finish, puzzles were different, I enjoyed that. Bonus game was kind of a let down.

Go to: