June 9 (2016) update

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

June 9 (2016) update

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Jun 9, 16 7:22 PM
Just downloaded the update, Watchtower open but as difi has mentioned none too enterprising yet. It seems to have the same atmosphere as as the Windmill so not too bad. Quests have come thick & fast but now out of energy so having a rest.

amybeth714
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

Re:June 9 (2016) update

[Post New]by amybeth714 on Jun 9, 16 10:33 PM
I installed the update and seem to be okay-no new glitches yet. I was super sad to see that my portals are still locked. No new quests for me. Still stuck with the same 3 that don't seem to ever get done. I went into the tavern and clicked find on the cards and it now takes me to the Watchtower. I went as far as the 3rd level in the Watchtower and no cards as rewards yet. Banished a few enemies- drop rate still bad.
All in all- same old same old- nothing exciting about the update. IMO

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jun 9, 16 11:11 PM
I installed the June 9 update. The only change I see is that in the Tavern I now need 9 cards instead of 6. I haven't come across any new quests either. I still have the same three that amybeth714 mentioned. Please let us know how to get these new quests.

I am only level 29 so I can't go into the Watchtower yet.

So, in general, things seem to be pretty much the same.

Edited on 06/09/2016 at 11:12:42 PM PST

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jun 10, 16 1:13 AM
Installed it, played. No quests at all, new or otherwise, portals still locked. So the game is still broken for me

[Post New]by signasks01 on Jun 10, 16 2:23 AM
I found the cards in the Watchtower. They are in the HO, not as a reward. So I am happy I can find cards even if portals are locked.

Vernier2
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Vernier2 on Jun 10, 16 4:54 AM
Update has been great for me. I have quests for the first time in months and finding cards in the watchtower lets me play the tavern.

[Post New]by signasks01 on Jun 10, 16 5:00 AM
Now I see new quests! Looks like they become active only after you finish any HO scene. I remember there were no quests, but one of a sudden they appeared after I finished the Library!

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jun 10, 16 5:55 AM
Hot damn, I got quests again. Started the game up once more and there they were.

But I think it's not so good that after you finish a quest, the next one appears only after you do something (like solve a HOS)

DebbyM123
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by DebbyM123 on Jun 10, 16 7:53 AM
Today, I got rid of one of those 3 quests by going into my inventory and finding the items that trigger the different curses. It seemed to trigger the new quests. I did them until I ran out of energy.

nocindy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by nocindy on Jun 10, 16 12:26 PM
Hi DebbyM123, the reason you now need 9 cards is you have reached the next level. I now need 15, and that is what you'll need when you reach the next level. It is still worth it as you can get items and it doesn't cost energy. See my post on the thread "Tavern rewards!" I think I am on level 76, not sure on that, but close enough!

Regards,
cindy

DebbyM123 wrote:I installed the June 9 update. The only change I see is that in the Tavern I now need 9 cards instead of 6. I haven't come across any new quests either. I still have the same three that amybeth714 mentioned. Please let us know how to get these new quests.

I am only level 29 so I can't go into the Watchtower yet.

So, in general, things seem to be pretty much the same.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jun 11, 16 12:53 AM
Are there really cards in the Watchtower HOS? Do I have to level the HOS up first? Because so far I haven't found any (then again, I have no idea how they look like)

Vernier2
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Vernier2 on Jun 11, 16 2:45 AM
Yes there are cards in the watchtower, Some I have to search for and others pop up just as I am clicking on an object. Have a look in the gift and wishes under items to see what they look like, its a single card about that size

[Post New]by ArchaeoLinz on Jun 11, 16 6:58 AM
From the Watch tower I seem to be collecting a number of handcuffs which then float off into my collections icon. I can't see what they are needed for and it's not possible to click on them to find out anything about them. Any clues?
Also the blurb for the new update says it gives us the ability to replay selected side quests. It's hard enough playing for quests the first time why would we want to play the same one again? I could well be missing something here. Pretty unimpressive update when there was so much else that needed to be sorted.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jun 11, 16 7:18 AM
I'd be surprised if you get collection activators from HOS

sophies_mom
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by sophies_mom on Jun 11, 16 4:59 PM
ArchaeoLinz wrote:From the Watch tower I seem to be collecting a number of handcuffs which then float off into my collections icon. I can't see what they are needed for and it's not possible to click on them to find out anything about them. Any clues?

I have gotten handcuffs and something that looks like the old-fashioned stocks. I see them go off into collections also. If you look at the items you can get from the Watch tower, these two items are at the very end, but unlike all the other items, if you click on them, they don't tell you what they are or what collection they might be a part of. I looked at every collection and there's no handcuffs or stocks anywhere. I can only assume that there is a future collection of which those items will be part. I hope that if that's so the ones I've collected so far are being kept track of somewhere because I sure can't find them.

amybeth714
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by amybeth714 on Jun 11, 16 8:55 PM
Turalyon wrote:Are there really cards in the Watchtower HOS? Do I have to level the HOS up first? Because so far I haven't found any (then again, I have no idea how they look like)

Hey Turalyon- just found my first ever card in the Watchtower. I am on the 3rd level there and the card was by the knights feet- well foot since it seems he has lost one. I have played the scene many times and this was the first one I saw.

andreanar
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by andreanar on Jun 12, 16 6:08 AM
I see absolutely nothing new that came with the upgrade. Its all same old same old for me :{

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jun 16, 16 3:48 AM
In my opinion it's a negative thing that the sleeping quests disappear from the list.

Also, that curses don't appear anymore by themselves. Now you always have to use one of your curse items.

Oldboyracer
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by Oldboyracer on Jun 16, 16 8:22 PM
I was sent to the Watchtower to search for an item but it needed to be in cursed mode. I tried all my curses but it refused to accept any of them, anyone had the same problem ?

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jun 17, 16 8:06 AM
Oldboyracer wrote:I was sent to the Watchtower to search for an item but it needed to be in cursed mode. I tried all my curses but it refused to accept any of them, anyone had the same problem ?

I think the HOS has to be at least lvl 3 to get cursed

Go to: