bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 29, 10 12:05 AM
Nick Chase is back in an all-new adventure and is ready for action!! After a mysterious package arrives at his favorite bar, Nick has a new case! Discover who delivered the ancient artifact, and what exactly the curse of the Deadly Diamond is, as you explore gorgeous Hidden Object scenes and crack the case. Solve perplexing puzzles to track down valuable clues in Nice Chase and the Deadly Diamond!

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jan 29, 10 12:26 AM
I really hope this is as good as the 1st one - been waiting to use a credit for some time - will let you know

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 29, 10 12:32 AM
I LOVED it!

[Post New]by williebtoo2047 on Jan 29, 10 12:32 AM
Another new game that doesn't work. This makes me mad.My mouse won't work,but my touch screen will, except to rotate the puzzle. My mouse worked fine untio this game.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 29, 10 12:37 AM
williebtoo2047 wrote:Another new game that doesn't work. This makes me mad.My mouse won't work,but my touch screen will, except to rotate the puzzle. My mouse worked fine untio this game.

Hi williebtoo2047! Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble! Have you tried reinstalling or creating a new user profile? You should also try updating your video card drivers. If these don't work, you may want to contact tech support via the green envelope on the lower right. They will be able to help.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jan 29, 10 1:16 AM
I beta tested this game and was sorely disappointed that the voice I loved so much from the first game was missing! The music and graphics still fit the mood, but I missed the deep, swanky voice that was half the fun.

Unless they added his voice back in to the final version? If I hear that news I'll surely try it out. That would once again make it, for me, worth getting through the hidden object scenes in order to do the puzzles (my typical scale these days.)

Does Nick speak and is he still Mr. Cool?

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jan 29, 10 1:31 AM
This is only the second game out of many that I have played that my computer just flat does not want to cooperate with. Game acts like it is in slow mo. Cursor sluggish and I feel like I have to force the mouse to get anywhere. So even with alot of memory, video driver up to snuff etc, guess will pass on this one. Too bad too, looked like fun. Anyone got any ideas as to why this issue with game? Anyone else having similar problem?

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jan 29, 10 1:34 AM
divegal wrote:I beta tested this game and was sorely disappointed that the voice I loved so much from the first game was missing! The music and graphics still fit the mood, but I missed the deep, swanky voice that was half the fun.

Unless they added his voice back in to the final version? If I hear that news I'll surely try it out. That would once again make it, for me, worth getting through the hidden object scenes in order to do the puzzles (my typical scale these days.)

Does Nick speak and is he still Mr. Cool?

Sorry - no voices this time...

fnarkl
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by fnarkl on Jan 29, 10 1:38 AM
Very enjoyable game.

Puzzles aren't too hard and the objects are reasonably easy to find.
Having a relaxed mode (no timer) makes it all the more fun.

Edited on 01/29/2010 at 1:39:07 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jan 29, 10 2:07 AM
I too miss the voice, the voice set the atmosphere and made the story interesting.

I only lasted half an hour and was bored. Nothing new here. Same puzzles as in most games, jigsaws, swap pieces, untangle knots, turn on all the lights
and sparkles Hidden object searches included in this game.
Nice enough interactive HOG just more of the usual.

I was fully expecting to buy this today but it will go on maybe list for a dry spell.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jan 29, 10 2:13 AM
yes bugs i have the same problem game is in slow motion

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 29, 10 2:13 AM
Just downloaded Demo. Screen shot on download page look very dark and I have a hard time with dark screens. Does it affect play much? Looks great otherwise.

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Jan 29, 10 2:28 AM
Did not play the first Nick Chase but beta-tested this one - I really loved it!
The comic style of the graphic is great, HOs not too easy, hints can be earned, puzzles interesting ... right time to spend a game credit

[Post New]by star_dust90 on Jan 29, 10 2:56 AM
really enjoyed this one and so with the first one too. only thing missing is that familiar voice and the surrounding is a bit dark making some objects are hard to find.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 29, 10 2:57 AM
TO THOSE HAVING SLOW CURSORS OR OTHER CURSOR ISSUES:

There is an option to turn off Custom Cursors in the Options on the Main Menu. It's on the left side, looks like a snap (I didn't see it at first ) This will often fix these sort of problems.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 29, 10 3:07 AM
I too miss Mr. Harrington's voice. It added something.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Jan 29, 10 3:12 AM
Thank you Poodlebear I will give your suggestion a try.

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Jan 29, 10 3:20 AM
I was disappointed with the half-hour I spent, and won't be buying this one. I do miss the voice acting, wasn't able to do a right click rotate with the first puzzle, and didn't care for the second room memory one at all. For me, right now, it's a choice between Nick and Million Dollar Quest, with the latter having much, much more to it in terms of variety, voice acting, locations and more.

Eccles Cakes

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Jan 29, 10 3:33 AM
I bought it and enjoyed it but it is not as good as the first one. The puzzles were easier and I thought the story line was bit weak and fragmented. It uses some of the same scenes and character as the first. It also seemed a lot shorter...or maybe I'm getting better at playing!
I do like finding objects in scenes to use and work out what to do so this is my kind of game. Pity it feels a bit like a rush job to get out a sequel.

[Post New]by Puddytat912 on Jan 29, 10 3:40 AM
Same issues here with slowness Bugs!!! Frustrating!

Go to: