bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 29, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by Grayrock on Jan 30, 10 9:50 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

I cannot see my cursor when I open the game. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Grayrock

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jan 30, 10 2:59 PM
Grayrock wrote:

I cannot see my cursor when I open the game. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Grayrock

Hiya Grayrock! Welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble. The first thing you should try is re-installing the game.

beckx020
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond forum

[Post New]by beckx020 on Jan 30, 10 8:27 PM
On the main page for a game on BFG there are usually links to the forum for the game. This one is missing the link.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 30, 10 9:00 PM
A very nice game with a great comic style throughout.

Something a bit different and definitely one to download.

Of course there are some tricky areas but then there are simple areas too, so all in all a balanced piece of work.

[Post New]by briteredlips on Feb 2, 10 1:00 AM
I did not think I would like the cartoon type graphics of this game, but, I liked the game a lot. I liked the puzzles, too. All in all I thought it was a good game, and will put it on my 'soon' list.

[Post New]by bayoucutee on Feb 2, 10 5:45 AM
I have no cursor on this game! I purchased it. Installed it - found no cursor so I uninstalled it and started from scratch. Still no cursor. Appears to be an interesting game, but I can't play it! Very upset! Finally sent e-mail to Big Fish for their help but does me no good at this moment. I have windows vista and according to the requirements it is suppose to work with that operating system. Please do not advise to reinstall the game - I have done that THREE times.
Thank you!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Feb 2, 10 7:55 AM
bayoucutee wrote:I have no cursor on this game! I purchased it. Installed it - found no cursor so I uninstalled it and started from scratch. Still no cursor. Appears to be an interesting game, but I can't play it! Very upset! Finally sent e-mail to Big Fish for their help but does me no good at this moment. I have windows vista and according to the requirements it is suppose to work with that operating system. Please do not advise to reinstall the game - I have done that THREE times.
Thank you!

Ok, I won't tell you to re-install again. BUT....I do have a question for you. Did you turn your system completely OFF after UNinstalling and BEFORE re-installing?? If not, well.....you really might want to try again.

[Post New]by LeeAnn3206 on Feb 2, 10 8:34 AM
Wonder if I could get some help with this game? I am at the part where I need to move the scissor lift under the window so Nick can get into the archives and I can't move it. I removed the blocking and tried to move it but it just moves a little ways and then rolls back. Nick comes up and says push harder but I don't know what to do. I have clicked and clicked but it just moves the same distance and rolls back. Can anyone out there help?

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 2, 10 10:00 AM
Hey bayoucutee,

Welcome to the pond! It sounds like the issue you're experiencing might be a technical problem that could use some troubleshooting. I'm glad you sent in a ticket to tech support, but in the mean time, it might be helpful to make sure your DirectX and display drivers are up to date and possibly disable Vista's Aero appearance setting. For better performance, you can easily disable Aero on your Vista system and use an alternate appearance setting.

The following help articles will walk you through this process

Disable Vista’s Aero Settings to Improve Game Play

Help My Games Run Correctly

If you're still having trouble and you'd like to get real time support, if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 02/02/2010 at 10:00:26 AM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 2, 10 10:14 AM
Welcome to the pond LeeAnn3206!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with the scissor lift, it seems like you're not alone in this respect. We have a walkthrough on the Big Fish Games blog that will show you the exact sequence of how to do this. But be sure to move your mouse with the cart and don't stop clicking!

Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond blog walkthrough

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by tfabmom on Feb 3, 10 1:12 PM
I have had no problems loading or playing the Nick Chase Deadly Diamond game, but I'm curious........has anyone else run on to the problem about finishing a game and then finding that if you play again it is the same thing? It kind of makes it a waste of money. I wish they would state on the games whether they play thru only once or if there are several different outcomes.

[Post New]by cabanasgame on Feb 3, 10 3:11 PM
I agree. The "specs" of the game should be stated both the length and the replayability.

[Post New]by gramps431727 on Feb 5, 10 1:51 PM
HOW DO i GET LIGHT IN THE TUNNEL

[Post New]by buywsr on Feb 7, 10 11:52 AM
After having played about two thirds through I now get norton internet security opening every time I start the game and the game immediately flashes off. Any Ideas?

I think there's a glitch?

[Post New]by mrsDargan on Feb 8, 10 1:23 AM
I'm on the very first puzzle where you have to reassemble the tray. It says to right-click the pieces to rotate them, but nothing happens when I right click. I can see where most of the pieces fit together, but I can't connect them if I can't rotate them.
Please help! Thanks

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Feb 8, 10 2:46 AM
buywsr wrote:After having played about two thirds through I now get norton internet security opening every time I start the game and the game immediately flashes off. Any Ideas?

Try updating Norton. Sometimes anti-virus programs get a virus definition with sequences that are also found in normal program code. If you're playing offline (which means: not in danger of catching a virus online), try to deactivate Norton while you play but turn it on again afterwards.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 8, 10 1:28 PM
I bought the first Nick Chase game 'A Detective Story'. I really enjoyed it. Then I beta tested this game and I was not disappointed. I like the cartoon dialog, and the interaction. I can just see Humphrey Bogart as Nick Chase... Oops, did I just date myself? I like the music and the game play - and I love cartoon graphics.

This is definitely on my to buy list. I've got to find out how it ends!

[Post New]by scubakaren on Feb 8, 10 2:14 PM
I am in the locked room and the drill won't accept the drill bit so I can't click on the workshop to open up the next stage. Did anyone else have this problem??

TinaNash
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by TinaNash on Feb 8, 10 7:14 PM
Gentlsong wrote:
bayoucutee wrote:I have no cursor on this game! I purchased it. Installed it - found no cursor so I uninstalled it and started from scratch. Still no cursor. Appears to be an interesting game, but I can't play it! Very upset! Finally sent e-mail to Big Fish for their help but does me no good at this moment. I have windows vista and according to the requirements it is suppose to work with that operating system. Please do not advise to reinstall the game - I have done that THREE times.
Thank you!

Ok, I won't tell you to re-install again. BUT....I do have a question for you. Did you turn your system completely OFF after UNinstalling and BEFORE re-installing?? If not, well.....you really might want to try again.

Go to: