Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 11, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/11/2016 at 8:17:35 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 11, 16 3:03 AM
Another great game! It's been a great feast for great games lately! The graphics are a little foggy...but the charm and play of the game...makes up for it's faults. The voice over acting isn't the best...but once again...I will forgive them for the over all quality and play of the game.

I'm a huge fan of the maker's of this game line! When your a long time member of any game site...you collect a lot of games...and your expectations become greater and greater...with adding more and more games...to your library or collection.

After seeing a lot of games of lesser quality...I'm so thrilled to see the standards and quality improve. We are always going to get the same story lines. After this much time...it's very rare to see a different or new story line. So, I've come to appreciate and except these story lines. I just look for the overall game play...and does the story line hold my interest. And this one does the job for me!!

Some will love this game and some won't. But for me...I love it! Is it going to get my best rating? No, but it's getting my second best rating. I highly recommend trying this game. And I can't wait to add it to my library of growing games.

We all have different taste. This is what makes the world so beautiful!

Enjoy, I know I will and I hope you do also. If not, tomorrow is another day for you to look forward to!

Enjoy, Peace & Blessings to All!
Lisa

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

Lisa

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 11, 16 8:17 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 11, 16 9:28 AM
In contrast to the unusually harsh review on the main page that I read earlier, I found this game intriguing and a lot of fun to play. It doesn't take membership of MENSA to figure out what to do next, it's very attractive to look at and it's as relaxing as a day at a spa.

If I didn't know this was an Elephant game, I would never have guessed that it was. Nothing like their usual 'cookie cutter' games and all the better for it. I liked the HOS, the puzzles, the story and the graphics. Puzzles weren't difficult even with the 'hard' option but fun to complete. Nice variety of HOS but no alternative to them. I thought the voices were very well done. The map transports, the play is customisable and there are morphing objects and collectibles, which include coins. Fortunately there is no dressing up or decorating involved when spending the coins

There is, however, a downside; unfortunately the developer has chosen to include a helper. I really thought we had seen the last of this fad but it seems to be creeping back into some games lately. Here we start with a bird and end up with a fluffy creature of some sort; not used very much and not particularly intrusive. I got used to them in the end but they added nothing to the game.

I like this game much more than Thursday's CE, which I thought was quite ordinary. It's a buy for me

I had no technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on Jun 11, 16 3:34 PM
Very good game! I played on Casual as I always do for the trial so there were a lot of sparkles marking action areas. The HO's were good because they were the type where you find pieces and parts, not the junk pile type. Games/puzzles were fun and not too difficult, although I did skip one game which was taking too much thought -- I wanted to get further into the game. The colors were bright enough in what I guess is supposed to a nighttime background. I had no difficulty seeing objects in all of the scenes. The two helpers were okay and not needed often. I think I noticed a map but I didn't use it because I like to run around and get to the areas myself. There were some cut scenes but they were interesting and necessary to get the story told. As angelfish106 stated, the game is logical so anyone should be able to follow the story and figure out what needs to be done. If I can, anyone can !

I don't know how I missed the first Midnight Calling game but will certainly be giving it a try.

Thanks to all of the reviewers who help 's make game choices.

Edited on 06/11/2016 at 3:36:40 PM PST

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Jun 11, 16 3:57 PM
This game has beautiful graphics and a great story. i do enjoy the helpers and I hope the developers start including them again. The coins are fun to build up and buy things! The characters and animals were drawn quite well. Good voiceovers, also!
Enjoy, Fishies!
P.S. Thanks for all the reviews. They really do help!

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jun 12, 16 4:33 AM
Even though I burned out on Midnight Castle a long time ago, I really enjoy the spin-off stand alone Midnight Calling games. I didn't have any technical problems with the demo (Win10 with plenty of RAM, average graphics card). The storyline is interesting and you will recognize some characters from the original Midnight Castle, which I find fun. The graphics are excellent and the puzzles interesting. Voices not great, but not grating, either. Passable, but I'm very picky. I will be buying this in the future, but not today since I have a backlog of games to play.

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Jun 12, 16 2:11 PM
What a delightful, enjoyable game and so much fun to play with a very good story line. Good graphics with VO and plenty to do. I also loved the adorable animal helpers and hope the devs bring them back also. The Bonus Chapter was added fun. A good game well worth the price for a CE! The animal helpers were an added plus for me and an instant buy!

ETA: The "rabbit" animal helper looked more like GIZMO from the movie 'Gremlins' to me. Loved it!

Edited on 06/14/2016 at 3:51:57 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 12, 16 5:43 PM
Hi all! We have a not too bad game today. Graphics are nice and mostly clear. The only place I didn't care for the graphics, was in the inventory bar...they seemed very one dimensional, sort of like you just pasted a cutout on the bar. Game play was very good, no problems during demo. The few voice overs we had were nicely done. This game is extremely quiet, with very little character interaction. I'm one of those people who can really get into a game if there is character interaction, good sound FX and music. This one had nice soothing music and sound FX only occasionally. This was extremely disappointing for me, as this could have been a really nice game without much extra attention to detail. For some reason, I wasn't excited about the name, Jeronimo, either, it just didn't fit the story. Colors were nice and clear.

HOPs were all silhouettes, with items quite easy to see. I didn't see that you could switch to anything else if you got bored with the same type of HOP throughout the game. Puzzles weren't bad and some did take a little time and thought to complete. Hint system is helpful and it does transport you to longer locations. This is a good thing, since you do a lot of back tracking to the same location for one thing or another.

Not a lot in the way of collectibles either. We have cards, not sure for what; coins to buy food for your two (yes, two) helpers, a bird who gets things up high and a bunny who naturally get things down low. They make a little noise, but are not bothersome, or annoying. We also have morphing items in the regular scenes. Nothing really challenging, everything is large enough to see and the morphing items stand out, so they are easy to spot.

I beta tested this one a while back and only gave it a 3.0 back then. Unfortunately, I found that I got bored with this one by the time the beta ended and it doesn't look like anything was changed before it came out for purchase. Can't see that this game is CE worthy at all. There will be those who really like this game, but I am not one of them. I will recommend it for beginners, or for those who just want a no brainer game. I buy those now and again, but not today. I'll hang on to this one and see if it makes a better SE when that comes out, but no buy as a CE for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Jun 12, 16 6:12 PM
This is the most terrific game that I have demoed in a long time. Easy to get lost in the fantasy story with the great art graphics and puzzles and HOS. I am buying it now. It may be a little simple for some fishes but it fits me to a tee. Nice to see an old developer still turning out such delicious games.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 13, 16 7:12 PM
The demo was quite enjoyable, just enough fantasy, and not too serious. The storyline was good, and gameplay was quite fun. There was even a little twist to what the helpers were, and I felt that they didn't get in the way. I wasn't sure about getting the CE or waiting for the SE, but Bonus Punch Monday might just decide it for me.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

A DELIGHTFUL NEW GAME

[Post New]by Beingknown on Jul 11, 16 6:42 PM
HELLO FELLOW FISHIES

I just dropped into the pond today to share with you how much I enjoyed Midnight Calling: Jeronimo Collector’s Edition.

I found the graphics to be well drawn, bright, and well detailed. I found the game play to be smooth and without any glitches. I enjoy being able to use a transportable map and appreciate that it indicates whether or not I have coins to collect and/or tasks available in a particular area. I found the HOPS to be well drawn and fairly easy to see. There were a few items, however, within some of the lists that I had never heard of before and had to resort to random clicking. The puzzles are the highlight of this game for me. While I found them fairly simple and straightforward, they were all fun to play. I enjoy also that within this edition, there are morphing objects to collect. And although I am not normally prone to appreciate “helpers” I actually really found my dragon and other mysterious little friend both to be quite cute (and I’m hoping to find such pets available out here in the “real” world).

Overall, a high quality and enjoyable game.

HAPPY GAMING! ~B

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Aug 19, 16 4:58 PM
I really enjoyed this game. the only thing I didn't like was the way it ended.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Sep 6, 16 5:03 PM
I found this to be an easy enjoyable game with good graphics, music,sounds and story-line. And I personally don't really care for the Silhouette form of hog scenes, I like the regular 'junk pile' and/or mixed style.

What I did not like and found quite frustrating is that there were a few items that had to be collected to proceed and it seemed that there was only 1 "magic" pixel that allowed it to be picked up I even came to the forum to see if i was misreading the item ...also the ending of the bonus chapter seemed to be abrupt

Other than the above frustrations this CE was worth the price 1/2 price sale

On my personal enjoy-ability scale I am giving this a & 1/2 out of 5

Played on my desktop PC running Windows 10 factory installed.

Go to: