Paradise Quest

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Paradise Quest

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 30, 10 12:05 AM
Deep within the beautiful Galapagos archipelago, drastic climate changes have adversely affected the majestic island of Isabela. Play as Dr. Evan Finch to re-establish life in this once magnificent and flourishing retreat. Embark on a wild Match 3 adventure as you revive lush vegetation, restore a mighty animal kingdom, photograph its renewal, and recover the secrets of a lost island in Paradise Quest.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

Re:Paradise Quest

[Post New]by barregar on Jan 30, 10 12:25 AM
I do have this game and it is most highly recommended. It has beautiful graphics and the gameplay is excellent and quite unique. As you go along the game you can get beautiful wallpapers.
Everyone should buy this game.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jan 30, 10 12:33 AM
Thanks for the recommendation Barregar, I glanced at TGT and immediately found and started downloading this instead

Yay for Match 3s!

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jan 30, 10 1:14 AM
Mojave_Rain wrote:Thanks for the recommendation Barregar, I glanced at TGT and immediately found and started downloading this instead

Yay for Match 3s!
TGT? what game is that?

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Jan 30, 10 1:28 AM
TGT = Tomorrow's Game Today: The Clumsys 2: Butterfly Effect

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Jan 30, 10 1:38 AM
I didn't quite finish my trial, but this is a buy for me. Great graphics, innovative new Match 3 game play, nice interludes of 'games' and I find the wildlife info interesting.

Only thing for people who get uncomfortable with moving game boards/scene (ie panning) play the demo before you buy. It didn't bother me, I enjoyed it, but some folks may not.

Also I played only in relaxed mode, so I have no idea what the timed version would be like, nor am I likely to ever know

Great game thanks BFG!!!

Edited on 01/30/2010 at 1:38:51 AM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Jan 30, 10 1:40 AM
Mojave_Rain wrote:TGT = Tomorrow's Game Today: The Clumsys 2: Butterfly Effect
ah,thanks

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 30, 10 2:05 AM
I bought this game! Awesome!
Great graphics. I just love everything about it.
If you like Match 3's I think you will love this one. Definitely give it a try.

[Post New]by Sunbird8 on Jan 30, 10 2:19 AM
Thanks all for feedback. Nice to have an idea of what's hot and what's not. Will download it now.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jan 30, 10 2:28 AM
I really like this game and I plan to buy it (although I will probably have to wait two days so it will count towards my February punch card!). The music is nice, and it didn't distract me or bother me. There is an option for timed or untimed. There is also an option to use the custom cursor or not. The graphics are nice and crisp, with bright colors. I like that the match-3 portions have extra elements, like moving around a very large board by making matches in the direction you'd like to go, or lighting torches along the way so that you can see where you're headed. The habitat puzzles are an added incentive to keep going, as are adding all of the animals. In short, it's a very nice match-3!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 30, 10 3:55 AM
Meisie84 wrote:Only thing for people who get uncomfortable with moving game boards/scene (ie panning) play the demo before you buy.
Thanks for the hint! I didn't like it at all, therefore will not buy, although I agree that it is a beautiful M3 otherwise.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 30, 10 4:58 AM
OH I was so surprised and glad to see this title thread. I didn't see it on today's page or TGT, soft release? It has already been my favorite matching game. I had figured that BF would never get it so gave in and bought it elsewhere months ago. It is beautiful, different, relaxing and so addictive that is why I had to buy my own copy.

It does have a slower moving board but nothing that gets away from you or makes you dizzy or complicated like 4 elements, just how far you move. Like mentioned, trying to keep the torches lit when it goes night is challenging and fun. And using the earned powerups or map to see where you are and jump to another section to get them all.

It has beautiful interludes to snap pictures of birds and habitat for your album. I must admit after about 50 levels I skipped that to continue the match levels. Not sure how many but I think I am up to around 150 or was til I bought and had to start over. Probably just has a limit of nature pictures to take but game goes on with or without and is quality as well as educational for kids.

Highly recommend for a different take on matching, timed or relaxed, once hooked don't blame me LOL. Never had a glitch either and runs good on XP and Vista laptop. A real keeper, and glad because other fishies can try it out.

ps next dry spell I will probably buy it again and uninstall my other one just to have it on my game mgr list of my favs. I did rebuy MCF Huntsville and dumped my RA one too, that's how much I liked both.

Edited on 01/30/2010 at 5:03:28 AM PST

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jan 30, 10 6:44 AM
So surprised to see this game soft released. It is far better than some of the games that have been the featured daily release. I think BF made a mistake there - lots of people never scroll down on the main page to see what else has been released so this game gets all most no advertising. I bought this months ago from another site thinking BFG would never get it.

Wonderful innovative game. Great music and unusual game play - especially being able to jump to another area of the playing field. I always played untimed - I think the timed game would be extremely difficult

Highly recommended!

Jess

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 30, 10 9:28 AM
This is a beautiful game with great game play. it is a little different from other match 3s I have played. Unfortunately, all the floating around the levels makes me seasick so I will have to pass on this one. I am certain that will be very successful without me! Sorry

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on Jan 30, 10 10:23 AM
This game was released LONG ago - ?on a different site?.

I was bored very quickly even though I am a big match 3 fan. Didn't finish the demo then- didn't finish it now

Edited on 01/30/2010 at 10:24:09 AM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 30, 10 3:08 PM
I don't recall listing it on their main page. A "soft" release? What does that mean? I found it by accident when Jess mentioned in the Pond forums. For a match-3 game, I really like it. It takes a little getting used to because of how it moves around as you play but I didn't mind it too much. What I really liked was the untimed mode! I am so glad for that because the timers that most of the match-3 games have is what turns me off. I also like how colorful the game is. I like the animals, too, The game wasn't at all boring, at least not during the trial. I think it will go on my "to buy" list.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 30, 10 3:41 PM
Hi Itsupikachu,

A soft release (or silent launch) is when a game is released alongside the featured new game of the day. We'll be seeing a lot of soft releases over the coming weeks as we bring over games from PlayFirst as a result of our recent partnership with them.

While soft release games aren't featured in the newsletter, all of the new games released will appear on the front page on the left side in the "Today's New Releases" box.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 30, 10 6:32 PM
Thank you, bfg Celebes, for answering my question! Now, I'll know where to look! I had never heard of "soft" releases until today.

lcoogan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lcoogan on Jan 30, 10 9:56 PM
OMG! This game beats out my beloved jewel quest by leaps and bounds!!! I love the moving gameboard and the graphics are just superb. Sorry jewel quest you've been bested!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 31, 10 8:16 AM
I love this game. I got it when it came out on Shockwave months age, so I am happy to see it here for the BF players. It is one of the best Match-3 games I have played.

Go to: