Glitches

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

Glitches

[Post New]by rara3462 on Jan 30, 10 1:37 AM
anyone having problems?!
To change every scene on the next event I have to ctrl alt del then go back in until eventually there was only sound and the scene would not appear. I saw this game and really enjoyed the first, one this left me a little deflated although what I did see seemed ok.
hopefully this can be sorted

lidybel
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Glitches

[Post New]by lidybel on Jan 30, 10 2:53 AM
yes.error access for the first time .Never had it with a game from

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 10 2:58 AM
It's all working fine for me, maybe a *little* sluggish in cut scenes? I'm running XP Service Pack 3.

Bboo2
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Bboo2 on Jan 30, 10 5:34 AM
I am also having problems -- my whole screen went black just as I finished the camera sceens and I had to shut the computor down and restart it. I am afraid to reopen the game until I receive word of a fix. I will not purchase till I know it is fixed.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Jan 30, 10 6:12 AM
I had an access error too when I downloaded (this has occured quite a lot recently & I've not bought games I realy wanted because of this ) BUT..... I had to get on with other things so I shut down the computer without deleting this game. The next day when I went onto my games manager I noticed the game was still there & thought I'd give it another try....& it played...no error message
I've since reloaded a couple of other games that got error messages & although I got an "error" again, when I rebooted, the games played perfectly. No idea why but it might be worth giving it a try...?
Hope it works for you.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Jan 30, 10 7:39 AM
I only played 10 minutes as the screen wouldn't stop flickering, and the bottom screen keeps changing from blue to white?

ocd2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by ocd2 on Jan 30, 10 8:46 AM
Having trouble also Only sound now. Wish I knew how to fix it.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 30, 10 9:18 AM
ocd2 wrote:Having trouble also Only sound now. Wish I knew how to fix it.

How frustrating! I'm so sorry you've run into that! Assuming you got it here at Big Fish Games, the best thing to do is to contact Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right column. They should be able to help you one way or another.

Robin

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 30, 10 11:37 AM
Hi folks,

Whenever you've encountered any technical difficulty with a game, the best thing to do is make sure you have the latest updates to your computer. You can read how to do this in the following article:

Unable to Play Downloadable Game

If following those instructions don't get a game working for you, click on the "Contact Us" link on the left side of that article to get in touch with Customer Support. Be sure to let them know exactly what problem you're experiencing and what troubleshooting you've already done. That article contains info on how to view your DxDiag - if you can save that and include it in your e-mail that can be super helpful not just in troubleshooting, but in tracking down bugs if multiple people are reporting them.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jan 30, 10 12:00 PM
I'm having problems also. After each area the screen goes blank but I can still hear the music. I have to go out to Task Manager to get it to come back. Please fix this!

This game is not worth all the problems I'm having. I've checked everything on my computer and it is the game. I want my money back.

Edited on 01/30/2010 at 2:58:47 PM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 10 3:21 PM
wolfrun_cb1 wrote:I'm having problems also. After each area the screen goes blank but I can still hear the music. I have to go out to Task Manager to get it to come back. Please fix this!

This game is not worth all the problems I'm having. I've checked everything on my computer and it is the game. I want my money back.

Did you do the things outlined in the Help topic linked in bfgCelebes post above? If you have contact customer service. If they can niot help you they will give you a Game Coupon for another game.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Jan 30, 10 6:06 PM
Same glitches. Black screen, have to hit esc to get to next scene. Went to dl dx, said I already had latest version. Why is it always OUR computers and not the game. Not buying. A shame, it's a good game.

li45co
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by li45co on Jan 31, 10 7:30 AM
Download fine once I press the start button get an error code I am on vista never had problems before,think BFG have to look into this game seems like a lot of us are having problems with it,I have even tried to play it in xp mode no luck never had this before goto be the game not our comps

[Post New]by pat7986 on Jan 31, 10 8:29 AM
I was having the same problem of it hanging on the change in each episode--when it is supposed to go on to the next part. I found out that if you hit ctrl-esc, it takes me back to my desk top with the clumsy's minimized, and then if you click on the clumsy's, the game continues fine. But you have to do this with each change in episode.
I believe this is a problem with the game. How about it, BFG?

lidybel
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lidybel on Jan 31, 10 9:09 AM
Ii45co same problem here with vista .tried xp, no luck.was def a buy for me but now...no ty

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Jan 31, 10 9:41 AM
Ok, this may have something to do with your problems... I had no problems with screen or things like that, but between each scene a big yellow caution sign would come up saying If you are seeing this you don't have the actual flashplayer and it directs you to an adobe site. Since I was just trying it, I didn't bother and if you click it went right to the next scene, no problem... don't understand it. Never seen that before and as far as I know, I do have the real flashplayer.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Jan 31, 10 10:55 AM
This thing locked up on me when I tried to exit the demo. At least Ctl+Alt+Del worked and I could end it from there. I got a black screen and nothing else worked.

My computer is up-to-date and I didn't like the game. (XP Pro)

Edited on 01/31/2010 at 10:56:20 AM PST

[Post New]by lonewolf2567 on Jan 31, 10 6:04 PM
I just downloaded the game. Obviously it is a brand new game and yet I got the thing on my game manager that time ran out. I refuse to buy a game unless I've played it. This is because I had two games from this site that gave me problems after I bought it giving three colored lines and saying something about frequency.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Jan 31, 10 7:10 PM
I am glad that it was not just me having this issue then.

Personally I was planning on buying the game but there is no point if I have to keep going to the task manager just to get the next level loaded, what a long winded way of going about things.

What I did get to play was really enjoyable, I thought it was a really engaging experience and much better then the first one.

The technical problems really let it all down though.

[Post New]by etomkins on Feb 1, 10 4:33 AM
I go through to my profile and select it. I hear music but screen is blank. I just finished downloading video drives and dx this is supposed to fix but it did not. Help

Go to: