machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Comments and Reviews vs Help Questions

[Post New]by machamc on Jan 30, 10 10:38 AM
I really enjoy reading the comments and reviews as they often help me in deciding whether or not to try or buy a game and like knowing the number of levels in a game.

What really bothers me is finding answers to game mechanics (i.e. How do I do this or that or I am stuck on xxxxx). I do not want to know the solutions to problems before I have a chance to try it my self so try to skip over these posts but sometimes my eyes see the answer before my brain tells me to stop looking.

Would it be possible to have two different categories of discussion and leave the answers/solutions out of the comments and reviews?

Thanks for listening.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews vs Help Questions

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 30, 10 10:44 AM
You are not alone. I would really love it if the mods could remove the offending posts and put them in a separate thread, but the best they can do is put SPOILER ALERT as a title on some of the posts. That's not good use of their time though.

We need to persuade / train people to use the rest of the forum for help requests, and leave comments threads for their intended purpose, but I don't know how to do that other than threads like these and gentle comments in the threads themselves about the help request being misplaced.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews vs Help Questions

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 30, 10 3:17 PM
My bad, I answered a question last night. I agree with the no spoilers thing and I don't normally do that but it was late, very few folks on and it had been asked and I didn't feel like correcting the person or starting a new thread or PM with the answer.

Go to: