Re:Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None - Released on October 19, 2007

[Post New]by qwe1953 on Aug 5, 08 12:46 PM
I am on day oneit is night time in the study and it won't let me get near the big map on the wall or the picture to the right of thte map.Is there something wrong with the game?
I have done every thing up to this point.

Edited on 08/05/2008 at 12:47:40 PM PST

[Post New]by godwinldg on Aug 9, 08 1:42 PM
I CAN'T EITHER BUT DON'T THINK IT MATTERS. I'MON DAY 1 I WANT TO GO UP STAIRS. IT'S NIGHT AND I AM TOLD I NEED A LIGHT SOURCE I HAVE A TORCH BUT CAN'T FIND BATTERIES ANY WHERE. SUGGESTIONS PLEASE.

[Post New]by specialcritters on Aug 16, 08 1:53 PM
I'm a little stuck too; The Voice has just spoken, and the maid has just fainted. I have an epidemic of books collected, which I can't look at, and it won't let me go outside. I don't know what to do now, but I've tried to be as thorough at scouring the house as I can. I don't see a walkthrough at the place I know is safe...

[Post New]by specialcritters on Aug 17, 08 6:38 AM
I'm liking it a lot; I wanted a game where I could just wander. I was stuck a fair ways in, but I read the book more carefully, and I think I've figured out how to read the books and papers. There's NO built in tutorial on working the game, unlike Nancy Drew, but the books that come with the game are excellent. I just wish the tutorial was built in.

Re:Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None

[Post New]by southerngirl78 on Aug 27, 08 10:27 PM
In part, I agree with "critters" on this one. I think that a tutorial would be a bit much but I think a checklist would be very helpful with this style of game.

I was VERY eager and excited to play this game because I am a huge Agatha Christie fan, and "And Then There Were None" (or "Ten Little Indians") was the first book that I read of hers when I was really young. However, I was slightly disappointed in the game. Don't get me wrong; it has beautiful graphics, a plotline that makes sense, a story that is both the same and different from the original story, some good challenging puzzles, and good cut scenes. But I didn't like how hard it was to move the "you" character, Naracott, throughout the story. When you wanted him to go somewhere, it would always take him a walk and a cutscene to get there. It made the game somewhat boring at times when it shouldn't have been. And similar to what some have reported above; in this game, when you were stuck, you were stuck. You spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to do next and what time of day or where to be to do it in. It would've been nice to have some kind of checklist for Naracott to check off, similar to what you find in the junior version of the Nancy Drew games. In a game of such emense size in terms of story, I think that a check list is what is missing to help players get a clue of what to do with the clues! I had to consult a walkthrough to get to the point I did in the game, something I don't like to do at all if I can help it. "Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy" from Adventure Games, the same company that produced this game, was equally challenging from a puzzle standpoint but much easier to figure out in terms of where to go next and what to do next. In fact, I got so bored with the Christie game that I ended up abandoning it for the lastest Nancy Drew that was released around that time. I look forward to revisiting the game later and finishing it, but I'm not in a hurry to do so.

I would also suggest a "hints and tips" thread for this game, and all others on the site that are of a similar adventure/first-person/puzzle format. When I first played this game there was no help on the website for those who were stuck but wanted "hints" as to what to do, not spoilers. I had to resort to using a walkthrough instead. Not cool.

If anyone has played the more recently released games in this series, I'd love to hear a review of those. . .

[Post New]by dreycy on Aug 28, 08 4:28 PM
I finished the game recently and was also a bit dissapointed. The story was alright and I guess they had to make a different ending (it wouldn't be interesting for those who read the book, otherwise), but their alternative ending somehow didn't convince me. Compared to the original it was, well, too 'happy'
I also have to agree with specialcritters and southerngirl78 - there should've been a tutorial (It took me quite a while to realize what the gear sign was for and how to combine items.) As for Narracott's movement, it can be annoying but not so much if you run (which is done by double-clicking).
If you're looking for hints for games, there's this website ... I use it when I get stuck (that happened alot during this game), it doesn't tell you the solution right away, instead hints that are more and more obvious are given. (PM for link )

Re: Multiple endings. . .

[Post New]by southerngirl78 on Aug 28, 08 10:54 PM
Dreycy. . .If you are willing to play the game ("And Then There Were None") again, I understand that there are several "multiple endings" depending on how you play the game. It would be interesting to hear from someone else who has finished the game and experienced a different (perhaps less happy) ending.

And I am very interested in the link that you suggested. . .perhaps it will help me get through the smoky parlor room in "Mystery of the Mummy" where I have been stuck for like two years. . .

emt13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Re: Multiple endings. . .

[Post New]by emt13 on Aug 30, 08 7:28 AM
southerngirl78 wrote:Dreycy. . .If you are willing to play the game ("And Then There Were None") again, I understand that there are several "multiple endings" depending on how you play the game. It would be interesting to hear from someone else who has finished the game and experienced a different (perhaps less happy) ending.

And I am very interested in the link that you suggested. . .perhaps it will help me get through the smoky parlor room in "Mystery of the Mummy" where I have been stuck for like two years. . .

there are several links that I know that may help you out. Gamewinners, CheatCC & UHS are the ones I use most frequently. (UHS only if I can't find answers anywhere else) They helped me get through Scratches and The Mystery of The Mummy...

emt13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by emt13 on Aug 30, 08 7:34 AM
specialcritters wrote:I'm a little stuck too; The Voice has just spoken, and the maid has just fainted. I have an epidemic of books collected, which I can't look at, and it won't let me go outside. I don't know what to do now, but I've tried to be as thorough at scouring the house as I can. I don't see a walkthrough at the place I know is safe...

You'll need to go to where the maid has fainted and you'll find others there. In your "collection" you'll need to put a book in the little boxes at the bottom and if you can do anything with it, either a magnifying glass or a cog will show up. You'll eventually have to put the books back away on the far wall in the study or library, then a secret room will be revealed. Be sure first to flip over the record on the phonograph, listen to it, then take any and all removeable parts out of it. You'll need them to put the radio back together in the little room.. hope this helps!!

emt13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by emt13 on Aug 30, 08 7:45 AM
MinkDoe wrote:Hey!! This is an older game I see, could you all tell me if you are likeing it????? Sounds like everyone got stumped pretty quickly!!

This one isn't real specific on what it is exactly you need to be doing.. my only suggestion is to look at everything possible, talk to everyone, repeatedly, and try everything before resorting to a walkthrough, all of the ones I've seen just ruin it.. a checklist or Quest map would've been a perk, or at the very least an explanation of how your "ratholed" items work. Other than that, this game has really good graphics and interesting turns of events... it can play out so many ways.

Pucktweety
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by Pucktweety on Sep 8, 08 5:01 PM
I also get annoyed when I spend a token on a game then find out it was only another hour or two to finish it.

I am certainly getting my moneys worth!

[Post New]by stephaniekb12 on Sep 28, 08 6:12 PM
I am just trying to find a way to save my progress ... so far i have not been able to find where i can save the game???? Can anyone help?

[Post New]by Juliette7411 on Sep 29, 08 1:24 PM
I would love to know how to save and exit the game. The game fills up my whole screen and when I need to stop playing I don't know how other then to turn my computer off. Nothing is saved. Is there an exit anywhere? I downloaded the "guide" to the game also which helped but you have to exit the game to read the guide and I can't print the guide to use as I am playing the game.

The game seems fun, but I get tired of having to restart the game everytime I want to play it. It's not saved.

Problems I have encountered and if you can help me I would love it! Thanks!

Can't exit game without having to turn computer off
Game does not save I have to start all over again.
Can't print the guide to help me while playing.

Any help from anyone would be wonderful! Thank you.

[Post New]by dabrat80 on Oct 13, 08 8:14 AM
if any one is in the dark and need light go to the panty and get the scoop from the flour the dig in the ben you will get a scoop of it then dig again and you will find batteries for flash light

[Post New]by dabrat80 on Oct 13, 08 8:16 AM
I anlso need help I am wandering around and dont know what to do after the butler locks the door what do I do

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 13, 08 8:21 AM
dabrat80 wrote:I anlso need help I am wandering around and dont know what to do after the butler locks the door what do I do
I'm not quite sure where you're at- what chapter is it? who was the last person to die?

[Post New]by dabrat80 on Oct 13, 08 8:27 AM
prpldva wrote:
dabrat80 wrote:I anlso need help I am wandering around and dont know what to do after the butler locks the door what do I do
I'm not quite sure w here you're at- what chapter is it? who was the last person to die?

Go to: