Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for One Way Flight here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 15, 16 4:29 AM
A thread for you reviews.

Edited on 06/15/2016 at 6:40:18 AM PST

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for One Way Flight here.

[Post New]by woodentot on Jun 15, 16 6:07 AM

Edited on 06/15/2016 at 6:57:32 AM PST

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Jun 15, 16 6:48 AM
This game looks soooooo OLD! There is no way I would pay one penny for this game. I mean, BFG, really??? Very old graphics, language, etc. Just old. I did just buy two CE and even if they were not CE I would buy those but no way with this game. Just hidden objects? First scene with the plane crashing gave me a headache and I couldn't escape and get out of it. SPOILER ALERT: First scene does have you actually go through a plane crash.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 15, 16 6:51 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on One Way Flight here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on One Way Flight.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

We also ask that players keep in mind the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

The Moderation Team understands the frustration that the appearance of spam in the forums can cause. To help streamline the current process of manually banning each spam poster and deleting each spam post, we ask that users not comment on the posts themselves.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 06/15/2016 at 7:00:12 AM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Jun 15, 16 8:02 AM
I tried this game, and I doubt I'll buy it. I don't mind the old-style graphics - they remind me of the Samantha Swift games - and I don't mind that there are lots of HOs; sometimes I'm in the mood for that.

What may be a deal breaker is the Hint (?) button. I knew that there were mini-games to be played, so rather than waste time looking for objects, I tried using the button - twice. Both times all that happened was a kind of rippling water effect across the whole screen - NO indication of where anything was. What's the point?

I'll keep it in my game manager for the moment, and leave the remaining demo time, in case someone comes in here and tells me I've overlooked something, but for now, no buy.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jun 15, 16 8:31 AM
i had enough of this game after 3 min. mayve in the 70ish we would have liked it but now its just a very old boring game

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jun 15, 16 12:35 PM
calsmom2001 wrote:
What may be a deal breaker is the Hint (?) button. I knew that there were mini-games to be played, so rather than waste time looking for objects, I tried using the button - twice. Both times all that happened was a kind of rippling water effect across the whole screen - NO indication of where anything was. What's the point?

Ditto.

Not the worst game I've ever played (certainly not one of the best) but a dysfunctional hint button compounded with mis-click penalties convinced me to uninstall it before the trial period was over.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Jun 15, 16 3:06 PM
3minutes into the first HOS with very hard to disgusting items I got a click penalty. So immediate no buy for me. Seriously?

kdblueey
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kdblueey on Jun 15, 16 6:16 PM
====================================================

I agree with everyone else's review. The first HOS: I had a very HARD time finding any of the items, as they all seemed to blend in together. The amazing (being sarcastic here ) HINT button only gave you a 'ripple' affect, as the above reviewer has already mentioned. The ripple affect only appeared on the side of the scene that had the item you were looking for. That's it. Not very helpful at all.

Definitely NOT a game for me.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jun 15, 16 6:28 PM
I couldn't get past the initial cinematic sequence. A shaking plane, viewpoint shifting back and forth quickly, no way to skip. I get car sick, motion sick. Hello! I don't play computer games to feel nauseous. Ended before I could even begin playing. No purchase for me.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 15, 16 7:03 PM
Everything about this game was old school: one level of difficulty, a click penalty, old style graphics, and a lag between any scene. The gameplay was a combination of hidden object game and building game. After trying to find some tiny objects in a scene, you attempt to build a structure by searching other areas for materials. Sometimes there is a lot of handholding, but I sometimes found myself searching every location in order to find building materials. As was previously mentioned, when you try to get a hint, you get a rippling effect, and you can very easily miss the location if you aren't quick. Also, if you ask for a hint when trying to locate building materials, it's still not helpful. I ended up skipping the 2 puzzles I encountered during the demo because I just couldn't figure out what to do.

It's not the worst game I have played, but I would need a really good reason to buy it.

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Jun 16, 16 4:44 PM
I played for 5 minutes.The opening scene was awful,I thought my lap top was dying due to all the flashing and shaking. When the game started for real the objects were small and the hint next to useless.
I really disliked the few minutes I played.I would rate this 0/10 in all truth.

Skrdykat
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Skrdykat on Jun 16, 16 6:57 PM
Um....guess I have an iron stomach, opening scene didn't bother me at all. I actually kinda enjoyed feeling like Robinson Crusoe, liked finding all the different diaries and even that I had to pause for night time...annoying, but how it would be if you really were on a deserted island.

So, except for the inserted games which were really dumb yet I failed all of them (the first one killed me, because I had only minutes left of my phone battery and I'm going to play a game?!?) I guess I'm the lone survivor in the game and the lone fishie that liked this game.

[Post New]by jazzygator on Jun 16, 16 7:07 PM
Well I was doing good and sorta enjoying this game until the beach scene and I had to find the telescope lens.....I spent most of the free game time looking for it and still didn't find it. I didn't like the "hint" either. All it did is make the scene wave, it didn't show me the lens. Won't buy a game I can't find items in.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 20, 16 10:30 AM
Looks like myself and SkrdyKat ( LOVE the name )...have a lot in common, iron stomachs AND the appreciation, of an old school game !

I was reading the reviews on the main game page, where a poster mentioned, that this game reminded them of, " Colossal Settlement " a game I just LOVED .
So that is the reason I tried it, and it does have a few of the things, like collecting dried grass, brushwood, bamboo etc.
No where near as good as CS, in its entirety, but enough to make it one that I will enjoy playing, as I do like a lot of H0 scenes, & collecting material for building.
Not a fan of the mini games, that were in the demo, so just skipped them, by clicking on the X, after I tried them, but that is just my personal opinion of them, others may enjoy them.
Didn't use the hint, so can't comment on it, there were a couple of items, that took me a little extra time, but I never ran out of time, the game does give more than enough, if you're concerned about that .

This game is different, and that is what I like about it, there are times when I just want to chill, and find objects and this game fills that need/mood .
THANKS...developers for bringing something different, this fishy appreciates it, old school and all !!

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 23, 16 11:40 PM
I just did a new topic and labeled it Hint Button. Same complaint. What is up with the rippling water and again no indication of where the object was. Could this be a system issue?

calsmom2001 wrote:I tried this game, and I doubt I'll buy it. I don't mind the old-style graphics - they remind me of the Samantha Swift games - and I don't mind that there are lots of HOs; sometimes I'm in the mood for that.

I'll keep it in my game manager for the moment, and leave the remaining demo time, in case someone comes in here and tells me I've overlooked something, but for now, no buy.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 23, 16 11:44 PM
Ditto... , and again, the hint button was useless. Just rippling water effect and no idea what it was trying to show me.

jazzygator wrote:Well I was doing good and sorta enjoying this game until the beach scene and I had to find the telescope lens.....I spent most of the free game time looking for it and still didn't find it. I didn't like the "hint" either. All it did is make the scene wave, it didn't show me the lens. Won't buy a game I can't find items in.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 27, 16 9:17 PM
Based on a bit of play time

Usually I don't review until I finish, but I thought I'd say something about this little game, because I do not think this game is half bad, for what it is supposed to be.

It is "old school" looking, but the game is not old. The quality of graphics in a game is a question of money for the most part (occasionally it is artistic style but mostly it's about the $$). If these developers had cash to burn, I am sure this game would have huge cut scenes, super crisp graphics and professional voice overs. But it is a little indie game for people that like to do HOPs. I found the scenes I've played so far very doable but not super easy. I'm having fun. I like getting these kinds of HOGs to fill in some spare time and keep me in good form with my HOP skills. Big time HOPAs rarely make me work for those HOPs. Just a basic, here's your list, now go find them kinda thing. Makes me happy to do these in between other larger games.

The opening cut scene had to have been less than one minute and I did not feel dizzy in any way, much to my dismay. Reading the other reviews I was hoping the opening scene would be a real head trip. But alas, twas not to be for me. I tried. I stared at the screen really hard trying to get dizzy and the game just wouldn't do it for me. Oh well. Maybe next time.

As for the hints, I had to give it a shot to see what was up with that. For gamers that wish to play and feel that they might need a hint here and there, here is how it works and some friendly advice. The hint feature is indeed a ripple wave across the screen. However, it has a center point. That center is where your missing object is located. So what I would do is stop before hitting hint. Take a moment to take in your whole screen, and then click the hint button. If you watch, you will see the epicenter of the screen wave and be able to get your stray item in no time at all.

Clearly, this game is not going to please everyone. I think the collection of reviews on this game will let people know pretty quickly if this is a game they could enjoy or not. It's all good either which way.

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Jun 30, 16 11:48 AM
Okay, so I started out hating it (especially before I figured out how to "do" the hint button). But it's not ALL that BAD. I got to day 5--the end of the trial and it was kinda fun. Not sure I'd buy it, but if it were given to me, I'd play it and enjoy it. (I did skip the phone games!!) Not great, but not terrible.

Go to: