bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Shaman Odyssey: Tropic Adventure™

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 1, 10 12:05 AM
Although a tropical Laguna seems like a great place to live, not everything is so simple! The people of your tribe have been split apart for many years now. Pirates are patrolling the waters, starving sharks are swimming around, and storms are threatening peaceful villagers and their families. It's up to you to give your best and help your people to reunite and build a new safe place to live in Shaman Odyssey: Tropic Adventure™, an exciting Time Management game.

Mookhebbe
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,213 Posts

Re:Shaman Odyssey: Tropic Adventure™

[Post New]by Mookhebbe on Feb 1, 10 12:19 AM
Bought this game a while back on the German sister of Big Fish. Entertaining, good graphics, runs without problems (at least on my computer). There is not a real timer, though it has a few levels with a ship which arrives in 10 minutes, and you have to be ready. But still easy to do.

Liked it, bought it, bit quircky TMO

fsilver4
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by fsilver4 on Feb 1, 10 3:45 AM
This game won't play on my computer. Anyone else with the same problem?

jenoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jenoz on Feb 1, 10 3:47 AM
My computer crashes out badly when I try to play this game

[Post New]by ElisaDaS on Feb 1, 10 4:26 AM
I have loaded the trial of this game but it will only let me play the tutorial. Anyone else with the same problem or am I doing something wrong?

[Post New]by yabeda28 on Feb 1, 10 4:52 AM
tried to play the trial twice and both times it crashed my computer.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Feb 1, 10 5:25 AM
I read that this game has problems, checking it out now to see for myself.

JD55
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by JD55 on Feb 1, 10 6:11 AM
Dowloaded the trial and tried to play it twice, and twice it crashed my computer also. Too bad!! Hope they find a fix!

stareis
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stareis on Feb 1, 10 6:42 AM
ditto on the crashing.....too bad ,i really wanted to try this one...

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on Feb 1, 10 6:52 AM
Downloaded it, got it open, got past the opening screen, got to just the point where you get your name in and hit start. After that! There is no way to play the game. It did not crash my computer. Just that you cannot play what you cannot see.

[Post New]by scghou32 on Feb 1, 10 7:06 AM
I downloaded twice and both times it wouldn't let me play past the start screen. And it slowed down my computer and scared me. I had to turn everything off and restart it twice. Deleated fast!!!!

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Feb 1, 10 7:12 AM
can anyone please say which graphic card model you have? this game is made in full 3D graphics, perhaps there is a problem with certain older graphic card models.

mappam
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by mappam on Feb 1, 10 7:22 AM
I love the "survivor" type games and can't wait for this one to be Fixed so I can try it.

Also can't wait to see what others say about it and the actual game play!

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Feb 1, 10 7:24 AM
Yep, it refuses to play on my computer also, and I have to keep hitting CTL+ALT+DEL to get back to my desktop. After 20 minutes, I give up. Garbage!

JD55
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by JD55 on Feb 1, 10 7:30 AM
can anyone please say which graphic card model you have? this game is made in full 3D graphics, perhaps there is a problem with certain older graphic card models.

How do you check that?

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Feb 1, 10 7:40 AM
you can right-click on your Desktop - Properties - Settings. It should say there. If not, there is a button "Advanced". Just look there for "Intel Graphic Acc." or "ATI" etc.

Also, I have another idea!

I think it would be wise to update the video driver from Microsoft website. You should search for DirectX 9 and install it. The process is automatic and easy. This usually solves all of the problems when playing games with full 3D graphics.

ilove2sew
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Shaman Odyssey: What Type of Graphics Card - How to find out?

[Post New]by ilove2sew on Feb 1, 10 7:51 AM
ivanbral wrote:can anyone please say which graphic card model you have? this game is made in full 3D graphics, perhaps there is a problem with certain older graphic card models.

Here is how to find out what type of graphics card you have:

Click "Start."
On the "Start" menu, click "Run."
In the "Open" box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks) , and then click "OK."
The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the "Display" tab.
On the "Display" tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the "Device" section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.

I only own a laptop: Sony Vaio - Vista 32 Bit and only game I have not been able to play from here or anywhere else - I think it was Edgar A. Poe - couldn't get past the wire cutter glitch - even with the customer service help. I count myself very, very lucky that the games work for me as well as they do.

My graphics card is: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

This will also tell you what version of Direct X you have installed - at least mine does. Very useful info here.

Ila in Maine

Funny the R in parenthesis shows as a Rainbow

Edited on 02/01/2010 at 7:52:37 AM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Feb 1, 10 8:07 AM
That's great! Thanks for the instructions! Yes, the "dxdiag" is very useful.
Basically, the most important thing about playing 3D games is to know which graphic card you have and which DirectX version.

I see you have Mobile Intel 965. I think this is a new one. I suspect that some older models may have problems (like 4-5 years and old)

Misty_Rivers
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Misty_Rivers on Feb 1, 10 8:20 AM
I like this game. very relaxing and the graphics are cool.

JD55
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by JD55 on Feb 1, 10 8:23 AM
Thanks for the instructions. mine is G33/G31 Express Chipset Family and Dirext11.

Go to: