Silverjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Mini Event Rewards

[Post New]by Silverjen on Jun 16, 16 12:31 PM
I enjoyed the new mini event and watching and waiting to see if we made our goal. I do, however, have a suggestion for mini event rewards.

I have not had a pink gift box drop in days now and at this rate I'm not going to be able to get Mrs. Claus again this year. I will have to wait until next year and even that doesn't look promising. Even though I was glad to get the 15 unique stamps, I would be extremely glad if we could get pink gift boxes as a reward once in a while since we're (or at least I) am not getting them from the game.

Just a suggestion. I think the mini games are a great idea. Thank you.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:Mini Event Rewards

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jun 16, 16 2:16 PM
The pink boxes continue to fall (in my game) at the same rate it always did.....about 2.6% of the time.....which turns out to be 1 about every 36-37 HOS visited.

Others have reported getting them at the same rate....there was recently a thread talking about the pink box drop rate.....it appears that if you want to have 1000 boxes in total, you will need to go into about 40,000 HOSs to get them....

That is the current drop rate that all who posted to that thread were seeing.

Edited to add....I, for one, do not want pink boxes as a reward for mini-events.

Edited on 06/16/2016 at 2:16:45 PM PST

Silverjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Silverjen on Jun 16, 16 3:01 PM
I am well aware of the rate that the boxes are supposed to be dropping. Mine are not for some reason. It is much lower than the average. I'm sure there will be many different items that are offered as rewards for these events and if someone doesn't want a particular item, then they don't have to participate.

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Jun 16, 16 3:26 PM
I like this idea. I started playing last spring, so just over a year. Christmas I gave away all the gift boxes I had accummulated and recently checked how many I need. I would say I'm getting them dropped at or about that rate but even with that, I've only accummulated 219 since Christmas. I need 615 to get the avatar. It was annoying enough that it took more than one year to get but I shrugged it off since I'd only been playing about six months. However, if it's going to take more than another year after that, that's just ridiiculous. I hope they do some events with like 15 of them.

katie2050
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
421 Posts

[Post New]by katie2050 on Jun 16, 16 5:35 PM
Haven't seen any difference in the dropping of gift boxes

Wuza
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Wuza on Jun 17, 16 4:59 AM
I agree with you Sioverjen. I gave away all my boxes at Christmas and was 410 short.
For those of us that have limited time to play , pink boxes are few and far between.
I too would love them for a mini event.
Great idea

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jun 17, 16 5:21 AM
I would love gift boxes to leave under my friend's trees!!!!! The more the merrier

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 18, 16 7:03 AM
I still need 153 more to get Mrs Santa - don't think I'll make it this year at the current drop rate.
So an additional source of gift boxes would be most welcome, yes.

Go to: