Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 17, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/17/2016 at 7:55:43 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 17, 16 7:55 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 17, 16 10:39 AM
I tried the CE with this game and i get a glitch trying to feed the cat, I deleted the CE thought when the SE came out i would have better luck same thing with SE freezes trying to feed the cat..I really like this game but i cant keep trying so now i have to delete the SE..
Good Luck to you all that has better luck then me..

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 17, 16 4:14 PM
Hi lovely62,

I'm sorry to hear that the game froze when feeding the cat. Our help articles contain steps that can often help when issues like this come up in games. If you're interested in troubleshooting and haven't tried these steps already, I suggest taking a look at the following:

Whenever anyone comes across a persisting technical problem in a game, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Not only do our Reps have the tools to gather data on and report problems, but they can also offer customized troubleshooting, and are always happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by batfishcrazy on Jun 17, 16 6:32 PM
I'm getting an error message in the SE of Grim Façade: Monster in Disguise. It happens when I'm trying to "buy" a ride to the suburbs from the cab driver.

The error message is: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 18, 16 1:56 PM
Hi batfishcrazy,

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced this issue in the game. To help address it, I suggest taking a look at the following. This help article includes steps that can be used in a variety of situations, including when errors like this occur:

If this problem continues, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and a screenshot of the error. Our Reps have the tools needed to provide in-depth troubleshooting, and they're always happy to help. In case it's needed, the following help article has some steps for taking a screenshot of this issue:

Taking a Screenshot

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by dolphyn65 on Jun 19, 16 11:50 AM
Love the game but when i get to the hop in gazeboo on chapter 2 i pick up the saw and there is a shadow behind it and it will not saw anything i have dell windows 10 and never had problems on any other game

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Jun 19, 16 12:14 PM
I couldnt play the CE and hoped the SE would work but it freezes when I get to the poor quarter in both games. I have all the games in this series and am disappointed not to complete it! Games dont seem to get patched anymore either so I will save my money!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 19, 16 1:24 PM
Hi dolphyn65 and Flissa2,

I'm sorry to hear that you are both experiencing trouble playing this game. To help address it, I suggest taking a look at the following. This help article includes steps that can be used in a variety of situations, including when errors like this occur.

For the game freezing or when an item doesn't seem to want to work properly, I recommend taking a look at this help guide:

If the above doesn't seem to help, it might also help to run the game as an Administrator using these steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If the issues continue after trying the above, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Not only do our Reps have the tools to gather data on and report problems, but they can also offer customized troubleshooting, and are always happy to help.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by swedishpeanut on Jun 19, 16 3:13 PM
dolphyn65 wrote:Love the game but when i get to the hop in gazeboo on chapter 2 i pick up the saw and there is a shadow behind it and it will not saw anything i have dell windows 10 and never had problems on any other game

I have the very same issue. The saw has a shadow and can't be used for anything rendering the game essentially over since I can't get the pulley.

Please offer a patch or a refund.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Jun 21, 16 12:17 PM
swedishpeanut wrote:
dolphyn65 wrote:Love the game but when i get to the hop in gazeboo on chapter 2 i pick up the saw and there is a shadow behind it and it will not saw anything i have dell windows 10 and never had problems on any other game

I have the very same issue. The saw has a shadow and can't be used for anything rendering the game essentially over since I can't get the pulley.

Please offer a patch or a refund.

Add another in distress. Tried the "walkthrough" and it says "play the HOP' what do I do with the saw

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Jun 21, 16 12:23 PM
OK..got it. . take the saw and move it over the planks of wood (slowly) it will saw a plank of wood and you can continue

[Post New]by shrevebear on Jun 21, 16 5:07 PM
Tried the game before purchasing. Worked fine. Now I have purchased it, it will not download. gives error message 912. Can't find what 912 means. Never had this problem with Grim Façade games before. Why did it work fine on trial game and not purchased games

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 21, 16 5:12 PM
Howdy shrevebear,

I'm sorry to hear that the 912 error code is showing up with this game. I definitely understand wanting to get that resolved since it worked as a trial and seems to be experiencing this error now.

In this case, since we don't have the tools to troubleshoot on the forums, I recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and letting them know what error code you are receiving. The support team can gather some extra data from the report and provide steps that are specific to the files set on your computer.

I hope this helps.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by landandsea1 on Jun 23, 16 1:42 PM
I cannot get the code in the archive draw . i cannot spin the wheels

[Post New]by landandsea1 on Jun 24, 16 10:48 AM
Stuck at getting code into the archive draw in start of game Got code but having trouble entering it in the draw

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 24, 16 7:19 PM
Black bars at top and bottom of screen. So far no further problems, but i'm early in the game. Windows XP.

PC Version Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise

[Post New]by Tommy8448 on Jun 25, 16 6:20 AM
I am stuck at getting code into the archive draw in start of game Got code but having trouble entering it in the draw. The number wheel does not appear in the cirlce.

[Post New]by bugdispenzr on Jul 14, 16 6:44 PM
I keep receiving an error access violation each time I try to start the game...I've tried every fix that BF has listed but nothing seems to help. I've filled out two help tickets and never received a response. This is my last try before I just request a refund. The error I see looks like this - Error Access Violation 0x7715E15B tried to write 0x00050FF4

Go to: