Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post you REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 17, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/17/2016 at 7:55:20 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post you REVIEWS for Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 17, 16 7:53 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Facade: Monster in Disguise.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jun 17, 16 12:51 PM
Same old rehashed games show up day after day with ghosts, evil spirits, monsters, other worldly beings, runes etc. ad nauseum.
Unfortunately, my reviews remain constant against these awful, unimaginative games. No realism, wooden characters, wonky mouth movements, dreadful graphics & color schemes, story lines that never change just to name a few things that NEVER get any better.
This game falls right into the above mentioned mold. The only thing I liked about this game was the cat!!
I am never ceased to be amazed at the 4/5 star ratings that these bottom of the barrel games garner but again everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
It makes me chuckle when things are advertised as something everyone likes/loves or clothes that are touted that they fit everyone. While I'm here to tell you that I am NOT everyone.
So, give the game a whirl & see whether you fall in the everyone likes category or not.
I don't recommend this game.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Jun 18, 16 2:08 PM
My review on the game page was titled "Just awful". I don't think I need to expand on that, really. Cliché follows cliché, turgid action, plod on and on and on. Very glad when I finished it and I deleted it straight away. Quite simply one of the worst games I have ever played.

My review was submitted to the game page four days ago and has yet to appear; I don't think I'll bother in future. In the meantime, the rave reviews are giving a far rosier impression of this game that is warranted, in my opinion.

Edited on 06/22/2016 at 4:30:12 AM PST

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Jun 23, 16 3:03 PM
I like the game except for one thing: in the interactive HOPs the "hint" button only highlights an object that needs to be used, but not what it needs to be used on! For those of us who have trouble discerning even the most common objects in these hand-painted scenes, this can be very frustrating. One time I had a saw and it took me 10 minutes to finally spot the planks barely sticking out in the back of the scene that I needed to use it on. Aiyeee! If this continues in the rest of the game, I may never finish it.

[Post New]by theearringqueen on Jun 26, 16 1:43 PM
please will someone tell me where the wood is so I can saw it on the hop game xxx

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jul 23, 16 2:44 PM
Just finished this monster. Indeed, it was very gory (why?) and brutal. I kept waiting for the story line to go somewhere, but never did. As soon as we find out who Stanley is, boom - the game is over. I usually enjoy this series, but this one is barely enough to keep me from asking for my money back. Pity.

CelticCoco

Terrible game

[Post New]by leefoo26 on Sep 24, 16 11:09 AM
This gets a "3" out of 10. (and that is being generous.

Illogical game play. I don't think I've ever used the hint as much as I did for this one. And then, sometimes even when I am given the hint, it doesn't help.

Very skimpy 'game puzzle' help and the pieces don't always move easily. It's a chore sometimes to just move pieces of a puzzle, let alone figure it out. I skipped so many games, it was ridiculous.

And just how are you supposed to do those "Moose Horns"? Are you supposed to keep playing with it and hope you get the lucky arrangement? There were others just like it...no hint, no help, no code page to find. Just fiddle with it and hope you somehow discover the solution. Bleep it...I just started "Skipping" everything.

One or two of these is fine, but the game is riddled with this crap. Worst Big Fish game I've ever played, IPad or PC.

Just downright annoying and frustrating. I finished it just to get to the end. And, even that sucked.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Nov 1, 16 6:03 PM
Yee gawds, what a colossal bore!

I've stopped purchasing ERS games for over a year now but can't recall what particular madness (or boredom) made me waste time & money on this one. Except for a few neat and unique puzzles, it was mostly a mishmash of everything but the kitchen sink dumped to support a weak story. I found some steps hard to figure out and kept using hints. Towards the end, I dozed off and poof - game over! Ok, enuf said!

Go to: