bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

New version of Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe`s Murders in the Rue Morgue now available

[Post New]by bfgErie on Feb 1, 10 5:38 PM
We now have a new version of Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe`s Murders in the Rue Morgue available now. This new version of the game corrects the problem with the game crashing on computers using the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. Here's how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC game.
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game's executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

Edited on 02/01/2010 at 5:40:00 PM PST

Re:New version of Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe`s Murders in the Rue Morgue now available

[Post New]by koncid on Feb 2, 10 12:14 PM
Je suis coincée avec... meche de cheveux, pipette et boulons.. quoi faire maintenant ?

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

Re:New version of Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe`s Murders in the Rue Morgue now available

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Feb 3, 10 10:16 AM
Good NEWS!!!!!!

[Post New]by mhansen25 on Feb 4, 10 6:49 PM
Downloaded new game version still crashing on laptop.... Fix didn't fix. Have removed old version and redownloaded and installed. Crashed as I tried to leave mansion. Have started 3 times, but keeps crashing and corrupts save game - any plans to fix further?

MrsGriz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by MrsGriz on Feb 14, 10 7:58 AM
i just did the update when requested, seems to be working OK. However, I cannot get the mallet on the chest to open the door and reveal the glove. I am putting it on the left side of the small chest, but it just flys back to my inventory. What have i missed??

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Feb 21, 10 9:21 AM
MrsGriz you have to put the mallet on the door part itself I was doing the same thing trying to lay it on the chest and it kept going into my inventory than I thought I would try the door and it worked I hope it works for you as well good luck!

[Post New]by parklady31 on Mar 2, 10 5:13 AM
I, too, have uninstalled and reinstalled this game. I can play for a while and then the same thing happens again and again. I am taken back to the original "play" screen. I don't get the corrupted save file error message anymore. I do have Windows 7 and the Intel Express Chipset Family. Seems the fix doesn't work for me.

[Post New]by tskmljcp8 on Apr 23, 10 4:50 PM
uninstalled the old game and reinstalled the supposed corrected version twice and it still freezes and must go to program manager to get out of the screen with the coach.

jojobear9
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by jojobear9 on Jun 28, 10 12:24 PM
Fix didn't work for me either just fails to start on my brand new laptop with Windows 7. Any hope for a fix to this problem???

Go to: