few questions

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Jun 17, 16 9:37 PM
Okay, just started play a few days ago, the captions say you can replay a level to earn more gold. When I replay level, I get awarded the fireflies and no gold. Is this the case for everyone?
Why is it so expensive to buy the fire flies, and to sell them, we get so little?
Other than the rewards for collecting the cards, is there any use for them, seems like a waste of time, as they just sit idly by in your album, or do they have any practical use?
Thanks for your time and happy gaming

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

few questions

[Post New]by eli173 on Jun 18, 16 4:09 AM
sthrightwhale wrote:Okay, just started play a few days ago, the captions say you can replay a level to earn more gold. When I replay level, I get awarded the fireflies and no gold. Is this the case for everyone?
Why is it so expensive to buy the fire flies, and to sell them, we get so little?
Other than the rewards for collecting the cards, is there any use for them, seems like a waste of time, as they just sit idly by in your album, or do they have any practical use?
Thanks for your time and happy gaming

I'm fairly new to this game, too, but can say the following:

1. Each level has 3 stages and the gold awarded is 10, 20 and 30 gold for each. But after you complete all 3 and you get the checkmark, then you get no more gold, just the fireflies as you mention.

2. You don't have to buy fireflies outright. You can always collect the needed amounts by:

a. Replaying relatively easy levels
b. Building the firefly farms, and
c. Casting spells using the magic books

Note that b is a relatively cheap investment, c is far cheaper that buying outright, while a depends on the cost of extra boosts and moves, if any. That's why I said replay easier levels.

3. I'm not sure about those stickers, I think it's just the prizes you first get. Perhaps there's a also a related achievement, I'll go check. I don't know if later on it has other uses but I doubt it. It would be nice if we could exchange dupes.

Happy gaming!

ETA: I checked and there is no achievement related to the stickers, not even for completing the album? So, after the first reward the only thing seems to be selling the dupes for some extra coins. Better than nothing. Since there's no achievement for completing the album then there would be no point in exchanging dupes.

Edited on 06/18/2016 at 5:56:46 AM PST

Re:few questions

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Jun 18, 16 9:14 AM
thanks for your reply, I double checked and it clearly says that by replaying levels we can earn more gold.
One other thing i'm unsure of, why do some of the collected prize paws on previous levels have the light off while other are still glowing?

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Jun 18, 16 9:42 AM
I have the same question re lit and unlit prize paws in previous levels. Did I miss out on some prizes somehow?

So, you only get COINS on the first 3 tiers on a level. After that you just get fireflies. The wording is a bit unclear.

When you fill a sticker collection you earn a treasure chest containing usually a bonus.

As to the ridiculous cost of buying fireflies, I wonder why that aspect of the game exists. Unless the devs thought folks would spend tons of real dollars for coins in order to buy fireflies. Not very likely but I'm sure it happens occasionally. lol

Cheers

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jun 18, 16 2:43 PM
I don't know where it says that by replaying you get more gold but it definitely means only the first 3 times. This is standard with other such games. The best way to be sure what the rewards of each level are is to open that level- it's all there. If you go to a level for the 4th time or later, all rewards under 1,2,3 to the left previously showing coin amounts in each stage will now be blank.

As for the lit /unlit question I'm not sure what you two mean. ETA: Oh! I just realized you mean those paws, not the level icons! Well, as you say it seems they would light up as soon as quests nearby are completed, but from what I see this does not seem to be the case.

Those firefly prices to buy outright are indeed exorbitant! That's how it is with other games too. This feature could be handy if one is missing only a few that are otherwise unavailable or difficult to obtain. Has happened to me in GD once or twice where it was preferrable to buy them outright.

So- at least we get a prize for filling the album. Good to know! After that, do you get a new album and so on? I must mention that even this early in the game where my album is half empty, I get LOTs of duplicates!

Edited on 06/19/2016 at 6:14:15 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jun 19, 16 6:30 AM
Regarding the firefly store issue, just today I wanted to buy a few purples. The gates at level 66 in Witchville need lots of purples, which can only be obtained at 56-66 (there are no magic books either, just one that wants you to give purples-actually you should make one of the first two farms a purple one which I didn't know at that time), and although some of these are relatively easy and give 100+ purples, it is far from certain that they can be passed without boosts. So after much work I was down to missing just 4 purples and didn't want to replay yet another level. So I went to the store to also see how it works and, alas, everything you buy in DD stays in DD. I hadn't realized that, I thought that resources bought in the store are transferred to your current location. I don't know if there's another store later in Witchville but it was not there when I needed it. So one more for the store! Actually, it should be like Gummy Drop, where you get only one store but once you do you can go to any location and sell/buy from there.

[Post New]by Fred_just_Fred on Jun 19, 16 7:50 AM
eli173, a couple suggestions:
1) If in fact you do buy butterflies (which I would not do), go to the world where you need them BEFORE buying. Click on the store button and then proceed.
2) When selling go back to Dragon District BEFORE selling but only if you've already completed Dragon District. When there, click on the store button and then proceed to sell.
You should already have a store in Witchville.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jun 19, 16 8:36 AM
Fred_just_Fred wrote:eli173, a couple suggestions:
1) If in fact you do buy butterflies (which I would not do), go to the world where you need them BEFORE buying. Click on the store button and then proceed.
2) When selling go back to Dragon District BEFORE selling but only if you've already completed Dragon District. When there, click on the store button and then proceed to sell.
You should already have a store in Witchville.

Oops, I hadn't noticed that button in the shop- I thought it was just for buying boosts and gold! Thanks a lot, Fred!

PS Regarding the paws places, I just found a gift box with some boosts at one of them which is located near the place I currently am, but don't know what triggered it. Perhaps it's random?

Edited on 06/19/2016 at 8:39:55 AM PST

Go to: