stuck on level 6-3

Re:stuck on level 6-3

[Post New]by royrose on Jan 7, 09 6:54 PM
Me too. I can't help you. I'll let you know if I beat it. It is nice to know that someone else finds it so difficult.

Roy

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Apr 27, 09 10:43 PM
I tell yah, that level is Evil

[Post New]by blynken_nod on Jul 17, 09 8:35 PM
I'm stuck there too. I'm sure I have to think about the level differently... but I have no idea what else to try. Anyone have any new thoughts?

squishy2020
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by squishy2020 on Sep 12, 09 10:05 PM
Just keep trying, eventually succeeded after many, many tries
Try to make as many match-5's as you can

squishy2020
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by squishy2020 on Sep 12, 09 10:07 PM
Once you pass Level 6-3 you are stuck on 6-4

Would love to have a relaxed version as I nearly succeed and run out of time

sholb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by sholb on Sep 19, 09 10:11 AM
I've been stuck on level 6-3 for a month! I keep trying to find "the secret" Glad to know I'm not the only one stuck.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Oct 7, 09 2:27 PM
I'm stuck here, too. One time I nearly made it - just needed about 3 more seconds. It's a matter of moving very fast and making as many groups of 5 as you can. Try to do the red and light blue ones first so you can use the special ones later that eliminate the red and blue ones and increase the number of yellow, green, and purple ones.

[Post New]by paymom on Feb 6, 10 8:45 AM
I've been stuck here forever also. I've been close a couple of times but always run out of time. Been making a lot of 5's and that helps, been using the color change ones on purple, green, or yellow, but to no avail. I agree that I would like a more relaxed version so that I can feel a sense of accomplishment more often.

[Post New]by texasfish on Feb 9, 10 10:27 AM
Hi,
I've finished level 6-3 a couple of times in the Journey mode-I focused on completing green, yellows and the purple first--there is also a pattern to the matches of 5 that I used--now I am stuck on level 7.5......I don't think I'll ever be able to beat that one~I don't even get close to finishing it-if anyone has and has some hints, please let me know.

[Post New]by carolthescot on Apr 3, 10 5:11 PM
I'm stuck on 6-2-they don't give you much help do they.I can see me being on that level for a while

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Oct 24, 10 12:49 PM
I have only one thing to say about 6-3 ...

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by orchidchild on Feb 12, 11 12:01 PM
I agree with Texas fish. Do yellow and green first. get as many 5 in a row. I did not even have to fill the aqua or red at all just focusing on the yellow. Leave they stone next to the yellow so you have some space to play with. I was at 6.3 for a long time too. Speed is needed. I made the same 10 moves as soon as the game stared to get the stones gone and bombs made,

[Post New]by QUE2BME on Feb 16, 11 6:46 PM
OMG, I have been on that level for months. I was beginning to think I was not very bright. I pretty good at finding patterns. I have tried eliminating red and light blue, but have discover they they finis themselves. I have come close, within about 5 seconds.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 12, 13 2:02 PM
Stuck for 3 days. I wish some people who've got further would put up a video to show their technique. It seems on this level you need to use change bursts to create 6 of the rare colours. But then it is so difficult to get them in position to match 5 above the right colour centre section to fill it. You need lots of gaps and drop some down whilst letting others rise up with new colours. I am able to fill a couple of the rare centre sections and of course the red and cyan but always run out.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 13, 13 8:45 AM
What I've found out so far on the level is that you can start with a 4 match of the purple blocker which automatically does 4 matches destroying green, yellow and blue blockers in the same ring. That is a really fast start that seems worthwhile. After that you don't have enough of the rare colours to match, so you're forced into matching red or cyan. At that point I can't see any simultaneous matching pattern so continue with a 5 match of two cyan blockers and use the small burst to destroy another blocker. I don't know if it is better to destroy a blocker near the centre at that point. Anybody know a better start or continuation?

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 13, 13 11:45 AM
The method I suggested in my previous 2 messages worked finally, though only just in time. I got over 9000 score and cleared all blockers. I kept using up all the bursts, trying to get some of the rare colours filled with each one after destroying the blockers. For example, with a column burst get a rare colour you need, say green, in the same column and use the burst to drop them in the green centre.

However, I kept one grey next to the centre for a long time so I could have an empty column out from it and use it to drop down. Also, having a few gaps lets you drop down rare colours when they aren't all in adjacent levels so you can get a 5 match with them. But I have to be honest, with this method you have to be very fast and it is tough. But at least possible.

Edited on 01/13/2013 at 11:52:15 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 7, 13 7:46 PM
Well, I finally made it off 5-4--don't know how --and am stuck on 6-3 like so many others. One time I cleared all the blockers except for one, and then got the problem of rings missing the rare colors so couldn't line anything up properly. I don't know the best number of blockers to leave yet, but it sure seems as if you have to leave the middle blockers there for quite a while so there will be gaps to shuffle the rare tiles. I'm not fast enough on the shuffling just yet. The closest I've come is four cylinders filled (and I got the expert score, but ran out of time so it didn't count ).

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jun 13, 13 2:03 AM
I've just put up a video on you-tube for level 6-3 with Expert score. It should be available in a few days. The main thing to notice is the fast start to clear awkward blockers fast so you can make 5 matches more easily. Then you clear all but a grey blocker whilst making progress filling centres and making rare colours with colour bursts. 5 matches of the plentiful red or cyan onto this grey clear a gap to drop down as well as making bursts. At speed, after the start, the level won't play exactly the same way for you so this is just a general guide. I make lots of mistakes in the video, but the way I deal with them to keep making progress could be helpful. I'm getting really expert at making mistakes, ha ha!

In words, I make a purple 4 match for a huge pattern match of blockers. Then a cyan 5 match blocker, which makes a small burst I drop onto the grey (above the yellow centre) and destroy. Then another cyan (or red) 5 match (in the free column above the green centre). Keep on using small bursts to destroy blockers and colour bursts to create rare colours. The next small burst is dropped and then raised between two blockers (purple and blue) to destroy them. Then more red or cyan matches onto the grey blocker above the purple centre (which I don't destroy to make a gap to drop down). A column burst can destroy two blockers (blue and grey) in one column. Drop and raise the next small burst to destroy the last blocker (green) in ring 5, so only blockers in the inner ring 1 remain (at time 1:50). Then just keep making red or cyan 5 matches onto the grey blocker, destroy the other blockers as needed to open centres, make rare colours, and fill centres with drop-down 5 matches.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 13, 13 11:28 PM
Festclick, thank you so much for your videos. You are the "Lord of the Rings"! Since my last post I've made it off 6-3 (and was screaming hysterically afterwards, because I even got the expert score somehow). Have finished journey mode, but am missing expert on nine boards. The videos have really helped me learn the advanced tricks to playing, as the game tutorials don't reveal most of the real strategy. Will be looking for your 6-3 video in a few days as Zenerchi is going to be one of those games I'll play over and over.

Did you ever get expert on 10-1? Just curious.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jun 14, 13 6:38 AM
Nope. Still not Expert on 10-1. Not even close. I think about 6500 score was my best. Expert score here is 8000. I'd really like it if somebody would put up some videos that show more tricks than I know. Or a detailed description in words.

Edited on 06/14/2013 at 6:42:46 AM PST

Go to: