Christym
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Jump Jump Jelly Reactor - Released on October 04, 2008

[Post New]by Christym on Oct 4, 08 8:07 AM
I was completely not expecting to like this game. Silly name, cutesy premise... But boy was I glad I tried it! It provides a wide variety of play modes and really great mechanisms of play. They've got a nice slow "I'm feeling relatively brain dead" (karma) mode, an arcade mode, a puzzle mode and "I really want to think and react quickly" factory mode.
I suppose one of the things I like best is that it is very simple in premise and easy to learn, but there is a great deal of strategy to playing well. And the different challenges help with your overall play - I did much better on the arcade version after playing in factory mode for a while.
I bought this game (in spite of the name) and have been very glad I did.

[Post New]by GrammieFoster on Oct 4, 08 1:10 PM
Hello room, i am very new to this;

annie_ann
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by annie_ann on Oct 15, 08 12:48 PM
Cant get the hang of this one

Christym
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Christym on Oct 16, 08 6:14 AM
What is causing the trouble? Anything we can help with? Is it a particular mode or the game in general?

LeBoof
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LeBoof on Nov 5, 08 3:09 PM
Christym wrote:I was completely not expecting to like this game. Silly name, cutesy premise... But boy was I glad I tried it! It provides a wide variety of play modes and really great mechanisms of play. They've got a nice slow "I'm feeling relatively brain dead" (karma) mode, an arcade mode, a puzzle mode and "I really want to think and react quickly" factory mode.
I suppose one of the things I like best is that it is very simple in premise and easy to learn, but there is a great deal of strategy to playing well. And the different challenges help with your overall play - I did much better on the arcade version after playing in factory mode for a while.
I bought this game (in spite of the name) and have been very glad I did.

I agree. I tried it just for yahoos, and now I'm hooked! I've just started the game, so I've not yet advanced to the upper levels, but I can't wait till I get there. I'm fighting with the Factory, and I'm only on the 3rd level. It says I need to get 5 or 8 (I can't remember) 30 jellys in a row, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get that many. **Embarrassed** But, I'll keep trying.

I hope others can get past the name and cutsie graphics, cuz it really is a ton of fun!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 9, 11 1:26 AM
Christym wrote:What is causing the trouble? Anything we can help with? Is it a particular mode or the game in general?

What other modes? All I can see is the Crazy Frenzy one at "THE GATE" which for the almost the entire hour (-8 minutes), I can't seem to get past.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Mar 9, 11 1:34 AM
annie_ann wrote:Cant get the hang of this one

I agree -- sometimes I can line up something above the rock and it smashes it BUT sometimes it doesn't -- HUH??? Sometimes I can line up vertically several colors and sometimes it smashes the rock BUT sometimes it doesn't -- HUH???

What's with those levels that has 1 rock that has a CLEAR line to the bottom with NO JELLIES in sight and CANNOT click to get any; other than clicking the skip button, he doesn't reach the bottom. Another level, there's a blue jelly and then a rock above it, no matter how much you click -- you canNOT stop the rock from jumping down and eating the blue jelly. Again, if you click skip, it apparently does NOT eat the blue jelly allowing itself to be put in the machine. So what's the purpose of those levels, if all you're going to do is click the skip button?
I don't know if I even want to spend the $3.00 on this game -- there are NOOOOOO instructions on how to actually get rid the rocks that ALWAYS works
MEnr56

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Mar 9, 11 10:39 PM
I purchased this game a couple of hours ago. It would have been a very good game if there had been instructions how to play the game with the Rockons and the coins, The Rockons with the helmet i can not destroy even with very long chains. In between the levels the Rockons come down and I don't know what to do to get rid of them, apart from skip. I know how to play the Game Frenzy and i usually get 92% plus or even 100%. I have not made it higher than level 6 in the Arcade ? ? game. My score was 78,500 Plus. I have built the bridge plus lights and the temple, plus landscaping. I still enjoy this game but it frustrates me that i don't know how to play it. I can not understand that they can sell a game without proper instructions.

The Tips from bfgAegean helped quite a bit (thank you) but it is still not sufficient.

This game i rate and 1/2

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on Mar 9, 11 11:24 PM
To remove the rockons with helmets you have to get them from the side. This means you have to have a "size 3 jelly" next to him and then drop a "size 4+ jelly" from above the "size 3 jelly". When the larger jelly hits the "3" jelly, the "3" jelly will do "damage" to either side of it and this can take out ANY of the Rockons but it is the ONLY way to damage the helmeted Rockons.

This was shown in one of the demo levels... Hope this helps.

Go to: