Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Blade Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 18, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/18/2016 at 7:12:54 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Blade Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Jun 18, 16 12:54 AM
3 CEs (out of 4) on the trot that I haven't been able to play which is very disappointing.

This game (like the last Dark Magic CE) only shows on the right bottom corner, so had to force quit. It only has 1/3rd of screen showing so can't get to controls or see the game properly.

Tried all the different screen resolutions to no avail.

Mac OS X 10:11:5 El Capitan. Only had this issue with Mac games since El Capitan.

Won't bother contacting BFG CS as they still haven't replied to me last two emails. Don't have a spam folder on iPad so they've not gone in there.

On trying to delete this game, it wouldn't as it kept running with icon in dock. On opening it again it had gone full screen. Yay thought I, but my joy was short lived as the game froze after putting my name in, and it just wouldn't stop running.
Because it was now full screen I couldn't delete it. So had to minimise, then go to force quit.

Edited on 06/18/2016 at 1:08:19 AM PST

elmira78
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Blade Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by elmira78 on Jun 18, 16 6:29 AM
The number 2 candle on the gate in back of the restaurant doesn't respond when you click on it, so you can't solve the puzzle. All the other puzzles worked fine, so this appears to be a glitch in the game. I'm running Windows 10 with an NVIdia GeForce video card.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 18, 16 7:18 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 18, 16 7:18 AM
belamba and elmira78, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with this particular game. Please refer to the above help articles as they contain steps that have been known to help resolve these issues. belamba, I was able to reach out to our support team and it looks like a representative has replied to your inquiry with the email address that is associated with your forums account. Please be sure to doublecheck all folders in your inbox. If you find that you are still experiencing issues, please be sure to reply directly to the emails received so that the representative can continue to assist.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

gb2839
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gb2839 on Jun 18, 16 8:02 AM
I've got an interesting Mac related problem -- whenever I task switch (Command-Tab) to go to another application, the game places itself in the dock (as it is supposed to) but when I resume play, graphics come back, in-game animations come back, everything comes back EXCEPT mouse clicking. No matter what I click on, nothing happens. For example, at the very beginning of the game, I can open the car trunk, I can see the "do something" wheels over the receptionist, and I can see the label on the purse, but I cannot open the purse with a mouse click! My only option is to Force Quit, but then when I reopen the game, the graphics are off center and the mouse click still doesn't work. I am running El Capitan (10.11.5) with all patches on a MacBook Pro.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jun 18, 16 8:28 AM
I'm running Windows 7 Pro and I can't get past the first cinematic. It opens to the scene with the ticket agent and my computer completely locks up. I've tried it 3 different times and have to CNTL-ALT-DLT to get out every single time. I've never had this happen with a game before.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jun 18, 16 10:20 AM
sonofstar wrote:I'm running Windows 7 Pro and I can't get past the first cinematic. It opens to the scene with the ticket agent and my computer completely locks up. I've tried it 3 different times and have to CNTL-ALT-DLT to get out every single time. I've never had this happen with a game before.

Have done everything suggested by the crashing, freezing link. Still freezes as soon as the actual game comes on. Too bad because I love these games.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 18, 16 1:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the technical issues people have come across in the game.

gb2839, I'm sorry to hear that there's been trouble with the game display and mouse. Our help articles can often be useful when problems like this come up in games. I've gone ahead and included a link to a help article with some great steps specific to Mac computers. Specifically I encourage trying the steps in the Game displaying off-center on your screen? section:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

sonofstar, thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried. Whenever an issue like this occurs, and it isn't fixed by our help articles, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Though the Moderation Team would like to be able to offer in-depth assistance, the forums simply don't support the necessary tools. However, our Reps are always happy to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jun 18, 16 9:53 PM
I had the same problem as elmira78 in that the 2nd candle on the left hand side in the gate puzzle will not respond when you put the mouse's cursor over it. I noticed that no candles will light it either although at least one shows the line meaning that it should.

My laptop is running Windows 7 with a NVidia GeForce graphics card so I'm wondering if there is a glitch regarding NVidia cards

doorgirl
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by doorgirl on Jun 19, 16 10:50 AM
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB MacOS 10.11.5

Yet again Daily Magic is unable to properly format the screen, Yet again the white menu bar exists at the top of the game screen. On this Macbook there is no "automatic graphic switching" toggle in Energy Saver.

Why can't this piece of code be fixed?

And more curiously, I dl'd the trial to see if they had maybe fixed this. In the trial it is fixed. once I'd bought the game: there's that dang menu bar again, shoving everything down so the menu controls aren't even available. Really!!?? I don't usually get snarky, but this is kind of basic!

rufus1926
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by rufus1926 on Jun 19, 16 1:26 PM
Game played well when I first loaded it. I tried to play after a few hours and it was frozen after I crossed the lake on the Seadoo. The hint button would tell me to go to the poster board but nothing happened when I moved my curser around.

MissGoodie
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Candle no 2

[Post New]by MissGoodie on Jun 20, 16 1:26 AM
I'm having trouble solving the minigame with the candles on the gate. I tried and tried and tried and eventually looked in the guide and it shows how to light the candles from 1-7, but I can't light the second light. And when I read some of the threads here, I noticed that several others have the same problem.
Does anyone know how to solve it?

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jun 20, 16 6:41 AM
Thanks for the link to Dr. Felix. I've run it and have sent a report.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Jun 20, 16 7:07 AM
doorgirl wrote:MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)
3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris 1536 MB MacOS 10.11.5

Yet again Daily Magic is unable to properly format the screen, Yet again the white menu bar exists at the top of the game screen. On this Macbook there is no "automatic graphic switching" toggle in Energy Saver.

Why can't this piece of code be fixed?

And more curiously, I dl'd the trial to see if they had maybe fixed this. In the trial it is fixed. once I'd bought the game: there's that dang menu bar again, shoving everything down so the menu controls aren't even available. Really!!?? I don't usually get snarky, but this is kind of basic!

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Jun 20, 16 7:10 AM
Same for me -- worked in the demo, but once I bought it, I get the white bar at the top of the screen --- which, of course, means that the bottom part of my inventory is invisible, so for items requiring multiples (like the branching turns for the map), the number I've collected isn't visible. But the bigger issue is if they can fix it on the demo, why don't they get organized enough to fix it on the purchased game. MacBook Air running El Capitan

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Jun 20, 16 1:44 PM
I got a message that the file was corrupt after I played the demo, second time this week, the other one was a survey game neer got to get it started and I dont remember the name, sorry, it was the same message as this one.

[Post New]by maitai1976 on Jun 24, 16 4:44 PM
Cannot even download this game from game manager. Getting error 5. I tried downloading a different Dark dimensions game (city of fog) and got the same error. Using Windows 10.

debeleth
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by debeleth on Jun 26, 16 9:57 AM
I've had this happen both times I tried to assemble the jigsaw puzzle: I cannot exit the puzzle. Every time I move the cursor it picks up a puzzle piece, blocks the "x." I've had to shut down my computer to get back to the desktop. I'm using a Mac, El Capitan.

JennieGee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by JennieGee on Jul 1, 16 12:01 AM
I am also experiencing the problem with the number 2 candle. I hate skipping puzzles, it makes me cranky! Esp. when it is a glitch and not a difficulty issue.

Go to: