Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Dimensions: Blade Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 18, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/18/2016 at 7:19:08 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Dimensions: Blade Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 18, 16 7:19 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Dimensions: Blade Master Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Dimensions: Blade Master Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Dimensions: Blade Master Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jun 18, 16 8:44 AM
I have bought most of the Dark Dimension games. This is a no buy for me. I don't like mini-puzzles in a game that cannot be skipped. There seem to be quite a lot in this game. Too bad. would have bought it otherwise.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jun 18, 16 8:54 AM
i tried to like it but it is boring for me

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Jun 18, 16 9:08 AM
No buy for me. The action is too slow. Too bad! Also, not CE worthed, in my opinion. Try it and see for yourself..

Edited on 06/18/2016 at 9:09:45 AM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 18, 16 11:28 AM
I didn't care for it either as I didn't really understand the storyline. I don't think this game is worthy of a CE as it's just riding on the back of some of the other Dark Dimension games that were really good.

The only collectible was jigsaw pieces, no morphs anywhere in the game and the extras were just wallpapers, screen savers, etc.

Nor did I like that the map was hidden in the diary.

But the one thing that caused me to exit the game was when one of the mini games did not have a Reset button. You have to light 7 candles in a certain order and if you get it wrong the game won't reset It.

Hopefully there will be a good CE game next Thursday.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 18, 16 12:14 PM
I didn't care much for the game either. The storyline during the demo was a bit hard to piece together, and it got boring rather quickly. The HOPA scenes and the puzzles were pretty good, but nothing we haven't seen before.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 18, 16 3:40 PM
Hi all. Well, we have #7 in this series...yes, I have the others. I review mostly on the game play and not the story line, but occasionally I will make a comment. I beta tested this one a while back and found it to be lacking in a lot of things. Yes, the graphics are very well done, colors are very nice, for the most part. Game play was very good. However, the game just seemed to move very slowly. It started off quite well, but then dropped off quickly. We are chasing a man who is throwing knives at us. I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't be chasing him. However, he does have a very poor aim. Music is good and moves with what is happening in the scenes at the time. There isn't much in the way of voice overs, but what there is, is okay. The storm sound FX are quite nice and well done.

HOPs are very few, at least during the demo, and are pretty straight foward. I did not see that you could switch to something else when you got bored with the same old, same old HOP. Puzzles were very few as well, and were not difficult at all. Mostly, we just chase this crazy guy around. Hint system is helpful and it does transport you to longer locations. You have to find knives during the game, which help you find something you need to get through the game.

Collectibles are very disappointing. All I found are morphing puzzles pieces. Once found, you put together only 4 puzzles for extra game play. These pieces morph very quickly and are not all that easy to spot.

This could have been a very nice game without much help, but as usual, the devs obviously did not listen to any suggestions during the beta. I was very disappointed in this game and was glad when the very short demo ended. I don't know about you, but if my husband had been stabbed and was turning black, I certainly would not have left him to chase some bad guy. The story was old, game was quiet, moved slowly and bored me very quickly. This definitely is not CE worthy. I'll give the SE a try when it comes out and see if this makes a better SE, but I doubt it will. I will, however, recommend this to beginners, but not to seasoned gamers. No buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the review.

Nohrah
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Nohrah on Jun 19, 16 7:07 AM
I will not buy a game that has no skip button. The knife puzzle with turning rings frustrated me and the guide was NO help . No Buy!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jun 19, 16 8:30 AM
Just finished. Game was OK.. I was able to skip some puzzles (skip was at lower right). Not very long... finished full game including the bonus chapter in 4 hours.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jun 19, 16 12:24 PM
very, very short demo on this game - only lasted about 20 minutes - will pass on this CE - didn't quite "grab" me - not long enough to decide whether I wanted to buy it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 21, 16 12:24 PM
The demo lasted a whole 60 minutes for me, and that was with skipping all the puzzles. So for me it was a nice longish demo.

I liked what I have played so far. The graphics are nice, and the story is intriguing. I also like the characters' interaction, and love the 2 HOS I have come across so far.

Didn't care for any of the puzzles I have come across so far, and definitely didn't care to look for puzzle pieces. These are the only collectables in the game, and that's a real shame. I need a little more than finding puzzle pieces and putting together a picture with them to make me want to buy the CE.

Edited on 06/21/2016 at 12:46:04 PM PST

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jun 22, 16 6:55 PM
Wow, I liked this game. Started off very fast-paced, almost hectically, and the story line was something I could follow well enough to continue out of interest. Smooth, fluid game play. I'll get it on a sale, and was glad to see other Dark Dimensions out there, so will be trying them as well.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Jun 22, 16 9:13 PM
I actually liked this game. A little different story. Was able to play for 90 min and collected 8 puzzle pieces which you can put together as you go. Except for getting a bonus game you are really getting a game and walkthrough so money wise better to wait for SE ( I think) but there is a sale today so I will get for SE price. Every person has a thing and mine is I like a reset button on games because sometimes if you cant reset the guide is no good. (didn't see one) My central air condition is out here at home so I want to sit on their beach by the lighthouse and put my feet in the water even if there is a storm a coming. LOL

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jun 22, 16 10:23 PM
Story details lacking; killer of no interest whatsoever. No buy for me.

trueinvestor
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by trueinvestor on Jun 24, 16 9:44 AM
I have purchased 4 Dark Dimensions in the past, therefore I went ahead and purchased this one without playing demo first. 13.99 wasted. Was about 10 min into the game and couldn't play anymore. Terribly boring and too much of the same thing.
Graphics are not good and didn't like story line.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 28, 16 2:48 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that no tech problems pop up in this game. I've been waiting for it, ever since I did a Beta. It wasn't fantastically interesting with lots of bells and whistles, but I did enjoy the Beta and played it to the end. Wrote in my notes, "Buy this game if there is a real half-price sale." So, I did and I'm looking forward to playing it.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Jul 11, 16 3:01 PM
Fairly good game. No "achievements". No ability to replay HOPs or Mini Games.

There are morphing puzzle pieces to collect in each scene. Once you finish the Bonus Game, you can put 4 small puzzles together.

Other than having the Strategy Guide, Bonus Game, and looking for "something" in each scene, I do not consider this to be a "true" CE.

Go to: