dst12
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

repeating,no challenge,

[Post New]by dst12 on Feb 2, 10 1:24 PM
I did not like this game I felt doing the same thing over and over, so is out of my buying list------------dst12

Was I the only one who felt this?

MaggieMaeeye
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,101 Posts

Re:repeating,no challenge,

[Post New]by MaggieMaeeye on Feb 2, 10 2:34 PM
Hi dst12 and welcome to the pond!

I just didn't like the game! LOL Seems like every 20 minutes or so everywhere I went I would get smashed by a booby trap....TOO stressful for me LOL

Anyway, again, welcome to the pond, and I hope to see you here again soon!

dst12
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by dst12 on Feb 4, 10 10:02 AM
Thank you MaggieMaeeye for welcoming me. dst12

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 6, 10 5:32 PM
I love this game! It's based on the 'Minesweeper' game where you have to imagine the playing grid to determine where the 'trap' is... Plus you get to question everyone, click on objects and try to solve the mystery. Well worth the $6.99 to me.

Jencinta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jencinta on Feb 16, 10 10:53 AM
i have to agree, this is like minesweeper with a twist, something else to do other than just click blocks. I enjoyed the game, the story was a little boring, and if you try to read it all through the 1 hr trial, you will waste lots of time. I skipped most of it, as I do with most trials. If i decide I love the game, I buy it, and start over at the beginning, taking the time to read everything and really understand it. At times it was a little questionable where to go, I had to backtrack a couple of times, but this game seems like it may be worth the buy, depending on the number of "levels" and if more interesting things do happen. I'll stick it on my maybe list

happy gaming all

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Mar 6, 10 2:13 PM
I would like this game except for the timer. My stroke left me with poor current memory lapses so if I run out out of time and then re-enter the room, it's like never seeing the room before. Can the timer be stopped?

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 29, 10 8:21 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Of course, I like mysteries and Minesweeper, so ....

Re the timer : if you can't disarm the boobytrap before it goes off, just note where it is and try again. The trap stays in the same place so you have a pretty good chance of getting there in time.

If your memory tends to not retain, just put your finger on the screen as to where you need to go. Hope this helps!

Edited on 03/29/2010 at 8:23:22 PM PST

Bhilithinn
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Bhilithinn on Mar 30, 10 6:50 PM
I love this game! I always liked Minesweeper, and this is a fun twist on it. I know some people may find the game too stressful though. But I find it to be a lot of fun.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 14, 10 1:58 PM
sassybee wrote:I would like this game except for the timer. My stroke left me with poor current memory lapses so if I run out out of time and then re-enter the room, it's like never seeing the room before. Can the timer be stopped?

I have erasable board markers I use when I have to remember a spot on my screen. Don't know if this will help you.

[Post New]by GuardianOfRlyeh on Jun 15, 10 3:03 PM
The time you have left to disarm the trap is shown near the spot of the trap itself

ladiebug77
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by ladiebug77 on Jun 29, 10 6:19 PM
sassybee wrote:I would like this game except for the timer. My stroke left me with poor current memory lapses so if I run out out of time and then re-enter the room, it's like never seeing the room before. Can the timer be stopped?

I have found that whenever there is a time limit on a level, the time limit is actually for clearing ONE specific Timed Trap.

Begin the level normally, just making your way forward as best you can, until you see a countdown start to flash occasionally. The LOCATION of the flashing countdown is the approximate location of the Timed Trap. Once you see the countown start flashing, try to work your way toward it as quickly as you can, clearing traps as you go.

Best wishes with the game! I hope this helps so that you will enjoy the game as a whole!

Edited on 06/29/2010 at 6:23:03 PM PST

Go to: