lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Not Fair Developers please Listen

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 2, 10 5:18 PM
Well I restarted and managed the fish got more than three ships but there is no way I can sink them all so it looks like another game half finished I was realy enjoying this one it seems so unfair for the developer to not give option to skip as we did purchase the game and it is up to the individual if they want to stress out, I am sure the developer could put a peice in for us slower reflex people so we can continue So So unfair. I have checked the walkthrough and am doing all the right things I get to around sinking twenty then that is it. O do not beleive it but I must have tried it at least 50 times LISTEN Developers NOT FAIR.

lineck

LadyLilithAnn
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Not Fair Developers please Listen

[Post New]by LadyLilithAnn on Feb 2, 10 7:45 PM
If you read the other post on the ships this may help you. Margie B. has a link and others have tips. Try again, stay calm and focused and aim toward the bottom of the boat. I am about 3/4 of the way done with the game. Challanging it is but worth it. Keep smiling and give it another go.
Lilith

Atropos
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by Atropos on Mar 12, 10 8:32 AM
I have to agree with you. I like adventure and strategy games and am always frustrated when the developers throw in an action mini-game with no way to skip it.

For many of us who for one reason or another are no good at action games, this is always an unfair surprise.

KeysPirate
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by KeysPirate on Mar 18, 10 1:28 PM
I was about to give up on the ships but gave it a few more tries, and got them all. It really helps to start fresh, when you aren't tired from playing for hours. I also found it easier to use the spacebar to fire and the mouse to move.

Now I am stuck trying to shoot the glasses. Tough, but I will keep trying. I enjoy a challenge, but am also not real good at quick reaction games. It would be very nice if game developers would offer levels of difficulty for these games, or (the best way IMHO) make it a little less difficult after you've failed several times.

Other than that small complaint I think Green Moon is one of the better games I've played in several months. Thanks !

shebag
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by shebag on Mar 19, 10 1:58 AM
I had to get my son to do the ship and the glasses games so i cheated lol would never have got any further if he hadnt done ot for me biut I totally agree it is a great game and I cannot wait for a sequel but a skip button would be a real blessing lol

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jun 25, 11 1:32 AM
I agree. Big Fish should require that any hidden object or adventure game with a real time mini game MUST include a skip button. It's not that hard to add in. I managed to get past both these, but it ruined my enjoyment of an otherwise marvelous game.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Jun 25, 11 2:07 AM
Thanks you all for these comments. I found green Moon a while back & was planning to get it - love these adventure games. But having already bought games I can't finish owing to a lack of dexerity on action mini games, I do not buy those with no skip button. What a pity to spoil a game like this.

cappy54
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cappy54 on Aug 18, 11 5:15 AM
Your so RIGHT people..I was loving this game til the drunken bottle shooting!..Oh come on..Give US a skip!..

[Post New]by LadyJewell on Oct 1, 11 5:24 PM
Whew! Was wondering if I was the only one who had a had time with these things. I managed to scrape through the ship game after 3 weeks of trying. I am hoping that it won't take me that long to shoot the darn glasses, but since I seem to average 1 glass per game, I'm guessing not.

Any tips, other than getting my non-existant kid to help? ;D Or should I just shoot myself now?

Shame, I really like the storyline.

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Dec 28, 11 8:15 AM
I only see three ships, when I shoot them no more appear, but it says I'm not a good savior. I can't get past this, I would gladly skip this one if I could.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Not Fair Developers please Listen

[Post New]by janey3315 on Feb 11, 12 4:09 PM
lineck wrote:Well I restarted and managed the fish got more than three ships but there is no way I can sink them all so it looks like another game half finished I was realy enjoying this one it seems so unfair for the developer to not give option to skip as we did purchase the game and it is up to the individual if they want to stress out, I am sure the developer could put a peice in for us slower reflex people so we can continue So So unfair. I have checked the walkthrough and am doing all the right things I get to around sinking twenty then that is it. O do not beleive it but I must have tried it at least 50 times LISTEN Developers NOT FAIR.

lineck

if you aim at the bottom which is the boat part and make sure the boat part is in the square and move quickly...always fire at the closest boat....you'll get it

Simsane
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Simsane on Feb 18, 12 4:08 PM
Belladonna32 wrote:Thanks you all for these comments. I found green Moon a while back & was planning to get it - love these adventure games. But having already bought games I can't finish owing to a lack of dexerity on action mini games, I do not buy those with no skip button. What a pity to spoil a game like this.

I decided to copy this because it says word-for-word what I was going to say.

Really looks like a good game but I will not buy any game that has timed/dexterity puzzles/mini games that I cannot do. Please include a Skip button or simply do not put that type of mini game into them.

Go to: