jopell
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Devs..Please Please change the new update!!!

[Post New]by jopell on Jun 19, 16 5:25 PM
I think we, the players should have the say as to what mode we want to play the new updates in... I know some players love them, and then there are the ones like me, who do not like all of them...so why don't you make everyone happy and install a SKIP BUTTON...instead of making us use our diamonds. That is not such a good Idea, to make us use the diamonds... why do you want us to keep purchasing them, are you that in need of our money ... I am on level 65, took forever to get here and I would like to finish this game, not quit because you keep changing things, and not for the better.

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

Re:Devs..Please Please change the new update!!!

[Post New]by D_NY on Jun 20, 16 8:21 AM
Put the -- sorry, I don't recall what it's called -- thing that costs 10 diamonds and let's you skip on your wish list. Friends who enjoy the new modes will gladly gift you what they get dropped since they won't be using it. Also, since I have, I've been getting more of them dropped. Also, collect the wands that pick up all items as they will help overcome this horror. The globes might help you locate where to move your flashlight/cursor but I haven't tried that yet (no globes) so I'm not sure how well it reveals in that mode. I'm suffering through until I get the achievement but it's really slowing down my play. But by the time, I do I will hopefully have enough saved up from drops and friends for any needed in a quest to just change it back to normal.

I don't mind the other two new modes but I can't get used to this one. It's just horrid. The mirrored mode is same difference really and I'm finding the shilloutte actually helpful in HOS I'm used to because the shadow on the list is in the same position it is in the picture which tells you which one of the three or four places they fall as each has a different (sometimes just slight but still) position.

I would still prefer the word list over any of these three new modes. I'm obsessed with getting achievements and I'd play them 'til I got them but I agree. It should be our choice without being charged for it. Maybe in settings even. Just set what modes you'd allow.

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Jun 20, 16 8:35 AM
I really don't understand why anyone has a problem with this. It's new, it's different, and it helps with the boredom of doing same HOS over and over.I also don't know why anyone think the devs are concerned with what we want.It's a game. a freegame

Edited on 06/20/2016 at 8:41:23 AM PST

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Jun 20, 16 8:56 AM
pjmatt wrote:I really don't understand why anyone has a problem with this. It's new, it's different, and it helps with the boredom of doing same HOS over and over.I also don't know why anyone think the devs are concerned with what we want.It's a game. a freegame

Totally agree.

oh_oma
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by oh_oma on Jun 20, 16 9:01 AM
The problem pjmatt is that some of us get actually severely physically impacted by playing the night mode. I have placed the "flash" on my wishlist jopell, it is on the first page beside the crystal ball and the wand. I have received 4 as gifts already, 1 from John and 3 from my very kind friends. I have not had 1 single one drop during the game. I have not had 1 single one show up on the Fortune Wheel. I have not had 1 single one come as a reward for crafting (and I have had to craft a couple dozen items since the update). Today, I played ONLY what was necessary to advance the quests I had open. Of those 8 scenes, 4 of them were in night mode, 2 in silhouette and 2 in mirror (not 1 single one in normal mode). By then my eyes hurt so badly I was forced to leave the game. So instead of playing scenes for fun as I used to I didn't really play at all. I am at a point in the game where I NEED to be able to play rounds in order to earn money. I can't. If the devs don't make NORMAL mode the DEFAULT with special modes an occasional occurrence (which is actually to the games benefit as it will make earning the achievements more difficult) the only viable solution for me is to quit a game I have been playing and loving (and spending money on) for 20 months.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 20, 16 9:25 AM
I think it is quite callous to simply dismiss as unimportant that an unnecessary change is causing so many people physical harm.
Eyesight is precious & needs to be protected. If a GAME is damaging your eyes, that is WRONG & needs to be fixed!

pjmatt
Clownfish
Clownfish
523 Posts

[Post New]by pjmatt on Jun 20, 16 10:26 AM
Desertdruid wrote:I think it is quite callous to simply dismiss as unimportant that an unnecessary change is causing so many people physical harm.
Eyesight is precious & needs to be protected. If a GAME is damaging your eyes, that is WRONG & needs to be fixed!
It is not flashing. How could it damage anyones eyes?

anath_q
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by anath_q on Jun 20, 16 10:33 AM
siberlene wrote:
pjmatt wrote:I really don't understand why anyone has a problem with this. It's new, it's different, and it helps with the boredom of doing same HOS over and over.I also don't know why anyone think the devs are concerned with what we want.It's a game. a freegame

Totally agree.

Agree. This update was a breath of life to the game. It's brought back friends that gave up after the January update/bored with lack of content updates. Indeed, I hope they introduce even more modes! I wouldn't mind if they did away with normal mode completely...been there, done that, over and over and over.

If you don't wish to play a particular mode, then use a flash.

oh_oma
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by oh_oma on Jun 20, 16 11:19 AM
[quote=anath

If you don't wish to play a particular mode, then use a flash.

Believe me we would if there were more of them to be found anath q.If you read any of my previous post you would realize just how hard it is to get enough flashes to compensate for the frequency of night mode occurrences. Believe me, I am NOT against the new modes. I am really enjoying the mirror and silhouette modes. If I were younger, without cataracts forming in my eyes, and not a migraine sufferer, I would enjoy the night mode as well. It never bothered me a dozen years ago but life changes things. If this is something the devs won't take into consideration for their senior players then the next thing to change in my life will be no Midnight Castle with my morning coffee.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 20, 16 2:01 PM
I never said the scene was flashing. There are other ways to harm your eyes - insufficient light, too high contrast, repeated eyestrain. All of which I'm hearing from many people about the night mode. Then there's the headaches. Migraines. Stress. All of which negatively impact your health. This is not a small consideration. This is an important issue that needs to be fixed. Making it optional would be one way.

As I have already observed, every time the game gets updated, something precious to us gets taken away - first our inventory, & in this particular instance, enjoyment of the beautiful scenes & the zen experience of calmly going through a familiar HOS. That is not an improvement. That's slowly destroying something wonderful, which to me is horrendous.

I don't understand why anyone thinks abusing something as irreplaceable as their eyesight in order to stumble around in the dark is fun.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Jun 20, 16 2:19 PM
I wasn't going to reply to this particular 'post' because I have already stated MY feelings about the new content.....and I quite like it.

Unlike the previous poster....I did not find it to be a 'Zen Experience'.....calmly going through familiar HOS......I found it downright boring!

I AM a Senior citizen and I DO have rather poor eyesight but I have found that the 'Night Mode' does not really occur enough in my Castle travels to really make much of a difference to me. Other than elevating the aforementioned boredom.

So far....anyway....I have found no reason to change modes when playing the HOS and didn't even realize that you could.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having such difficulties and I DO hope that you will be able to overcome them and continue to enjoy the game that we all love.

Happy Gaming........Everyone!

TeeCee

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Jun 20, 16 2:40 PM
I also have bad eyesight and have absolutely no problem with "night mode". It doesn't flash, as some may suggest. All it does is darken the scene but the circle which is lit is the same brightness as it always has been. It's like aiming a flashlight. Nothing has changed except the area around the flashlight is dark. Am I missing something?

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Jun 20, 16 4:01 PM
The night mode or as I call it, the flash-light mode gives me dreadful headaches from eyestrain. I have bad night vision and a flash-light even in my yard will give me a headache. Note... I do not mean that the light is flashing. It is like a flash-light that you use in the dark.

Nimbus2525
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by Nimbus2525 on Jun 20, 16 5:20 PM
I like all the new modes and am not having any problem with the night mode hurting my eyes. I am a senior citizen and suffer from migraines and have a cataract. I had to get glasses especially for the computer and they have made a huge difference. The flashing for the tournament bothers me more than the night mode and also those fluttering moths in one HOS. I don't play in the tournament so often don't play when it is on as I get so annoyed with the flashing in the corner. Plus the constant reminders are very annoying too. However I am now enjoying the game more with the new modes.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 20, 16 6:12 PM
You like the Night Mode? Fine, play them to your hearts content.
What I'm suggesting is to make that mode optional without charging the exorbitant sum of 10 diamonds for every HOS where it's encountered! Have some compassion for the people who are being harmed by it, for pity's sake!!!

sweetssue
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by sweetssue on Jun 20, 16 6:23 PM
i like the new format....its not like you have to do it in a certain amount of time...so the night takes more time ..so what...its different

ctaylor56
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ctaylor56 on Jun 21, 16 4:21 AM
I'm pleased that there are players out there who enjoy the new modes, and I hope you continue to enjoy storming the castle. I am one of those who experience severe headaches if I play the night mode more than once or twice a day. I also ask the developers to please consider loyal players who are having extreme difficulty with the night time mode, and indeed, in some cases, all the new modes. Maybe we could use coins to switch back instead of diamonds.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 21, 16 5:02 AM
How many people do you have to hear it from before you accept that it's real?
"My eyes hurt so badly I had to leave the game", "dreadful headaches from eyestrain", "severe headaches". These people are in pain & suffering because an unnecessary change ruined the game for them.

If you are enjoying this mode & don't think you're being harmed by it, good for you. Aren't you lucky. Go play night mode to your hearts content. But don't dismiss the very real suffering of others just because you don't share it!

I think having an option to "switch off" night mode (& forgo the associated achievements) is a completely reasonable & viable solution. Nobody's suggesting taking night mode away from those of you who like it. Stop being so selfish & have some compassion.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 21, 16 6:02 AM
Desertdruid wrote:How many people do you have to hear it from before you accept that it's real?
"My eyes hurt so badly I had to leave the game", "dreadful headaches from eyestrain", "severe headaches". These people are in pain & suffering because an unnecessary change ruined the game for them.

If you are enjoying this mode & don't think you're being harmed by it, good for you. Aren't you lucky. Go play night mode to your hearts content. But don't dismiss the very real suffering of others just because you don't share it!

I think having an option to "switch off" night mode (& forgo the associated achievements) is a completely reasonable & viable solution. Nobody's suggesting taking night mode away from those of you who like it. Stop being so selfish & have some compassion.

Thank you for this! Totally agree, and was a bit shocked with a few of the previous comments in here. So yeah, this and thank you

ellenBea
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ellenBea on Jun 21, 16 6:07 AM
Dear all..... when you answer this post, please have in mind that we play on different screen sizes. When playing on my tablet, I have no problems playing night mode ( though I don't like it) , but my main game is on my 4" mobile screen... try that! It's not a problem in all other modes, because I can zoom in, but night mode can't be zoomed. It's almost impossible to find those tiny items on that small screen in the darkness...

Go to: