Evoly

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Evoly

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 3, 10 12:05 AM
Match-making and creature-creating fun awaits you in Evoly, a delightful Match 3 game! Make fast matches in the puzzle rounds to clear the board and watch your income grow. Then use the money you've earned to purchase a range of plants and creatures and bring a barren world back to life. As you progress, you can upgrade your creatures to produce hundreds of unique species and populate different worlds with a variety of eye-popping delights.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Evoly

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Feb 3, 10 12:51 AM
Looks a cross between match 3 and strategy/time management? Looking at the screen shot the critters remind me of the ones in the game chuzzle. Having to make fast matches puts me off from trying the game but will wait to see what others make of it.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 3, 10 1:59 AM
Only played for about 10 min. because I'm tired but I didn't notice a timer. Will also wait for further comments.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 3, 10 2:33 AM
I started the trial hour thinking the game looked interesting and cute. I love match 3 games particularly the ones where you have to use resources gathered to build something. The music is irritating but luckily was able to turn it off, and no custom cursor which is a bonus. I saw nothing about a timer in the instructions - I never buy games that don't feature a relaxed mode. I thought the game ok until my time ran out on level two. And that was enough for me to uninstall it after 18 minutes of the trial. Why, oh why do games developers feel it necessary to 'have' to play a game against the clock? They miss out on a lot of sales, plus playing against a timer adds nothing to a game for me. Quite the opposite.........
So for me it could have been 'a buy' but is now a bye bye!
Belamba

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Feb 3, 10 3:10 AM
Belamba I agree with you. I used to like the Match 3 games. I don't understand why they make levels so difficult to get through in time. I have to keep replaying because I can't beat the timer after about 5 or so levels. Why not make it fun and have no timer but still with a little bit of difficulty? I quit playing them because they stressed me out too much! Now I play the HOGs.

I was hoping this one might be different. I don't think I'll even try the demo. I don't need the added stress!!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Feb 3, 10 3:14 AM
No untimed choice? No sale.

Jess

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Feb 3, 10 3:17 AM
In my opinion, the developers should have taken a little more time to polish the game for PC play. It looks like it was designed to be played on a cell phone. It is a great idea for a game, earn money then reforest and populate a planet!

The game could use better music (it is dreadful) and I like listening to the game music when I play a game. I work all day in silence, why would I want to get home, relax and play in silence? .
The game could get rid of the animations when a match is made. Too fuzzy and they delay gameplay.
The game mouse function is slightly sluggish due to the match animation, which is a cruel trick by the developers when the gameplayers are forced to use a timer.
The game graphics should be crisp (see Wizard Land and Heroes of Hellas to name just two of the latest match games that I like very much and continue to play after finishing).
English tenses in the text boxes should be examined and corrected.

There is 34 minutes left of the demo and I'll be deleting the game after this message is posted.

Dear developers, let us know if you build a better version. I hope you do.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Feb 3, 10 4:07 AM
I really don`t like this game. The music is horrible, gameplay is okay, I hate the "only timer-option". I will pass on this one and wait for a better match 3 game.

Marissa707
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Marissa707 on Feb 3, 10 5:13 AM
Boring and stressful at the same time; is that even possible? YES, apparently the gamedevelopers have done it this time, I would say!

The music is dreadful, had to turn it off after one minute.
The grafics are sort of okay, but the match-grafic-afterchok and smoketrail is annoying and really unnecessary.
The match binging noise is annoying, but I do tend to find that annoying in almost every m3 game, soo, well I turn down that sound as well.

I guess the building of planet animal- and plantlife could be fun, but the game stalled after 10 minutes of playing with a 'access violation code someting or other', so I did not get to (could not be bothered to) finish the demo.

out of five!

jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by jujus1a on Feb 3, 10 7:28 AM
The loading bar filled very quickly then I had to wait another 5 minutes for the game to load. The start was very confusing. The timer spoilt the whole game.
As stated earlier. Bye, bye no buy buy.

Julie

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Feb 3, 10 8:10 AM
Well, I don't mind timers in a match-3 game, so I was keeping an open mind when I downloaded the game, despite the negatives already stated here.

Unfortunately, I deleted the game after five minutes. The music alone was enough to put me off; it reminded me of something that I might hear from a pinball machine at a county fair and was really off-putting. I'm one of those players who does not turn the music off so an immediate uninstall was definitely in order.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 3, 10 8:14 AM
i actually liked it, even with the timer it made it more challenging. i have planted a couple trees and have a little blue monster with horns, he is so cute.

i turn the sound off if it is music only so that didn't bother me. i like the gameplay, puts me in the mind of big kahuna reef, which i love.

Diamond71
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Diamond71 on Feb 3, 10 10:12 AM
Havent tried this yet but will comment anyway.I usually like timers on match 3 games where as i cant play time management games.They make me so nervous trying to grow,plant and water in a set time.But a good match 3 if time runs out i just replay and it doesnt bother me at all.One game I just love is Heros of Hellas 2.Im playing it for the 4th time.One of its levels i have trouble with is 6-13.But I just keep doing it til I get it.If any of you havent tryed it I would hope you do.Its very good if you like games that you have to break chains,blow up stones and many more things.Ill try this game now but hope they get more games like H of H 2 soon.Happy gaming all you Fishes

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 3, 10 10:19 AM
When oh when oh when ! Are developers ever going to learn? Is it really
so difficult to include both "timed" and "Non-timed" modes in games?
I will try most games in the timed mode 'cause I like the challange. But when
the timer is too fast for this old lady, I WANT the choice to turn it OFF.

I bought two games with timers only, that now sit unfinished in my collection.
Had no problem with timer in beginning, but as game progressed, could
not even come close. Will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER buy timed only
game again. And judging from the forums, many share this view.

Come on guys, give us a choice!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Feb 3, 10 11:10 AM
This game is full of BUGS/Glitches, between access violation errors and the game just getting stuck during gameplay, which you than have to use the escape button, to get out of the game.
There is NO way this game was beta tested, so FRUSTRATED once again, so I will not purchase this game, it is UNPLAYABLE .
After reading the post on this game, I see several other people, who have had this same issue, why do the developers insist on releasing games, that are not ready?
There are some things that I do like about this game, so even though the music got on my last nerve (can't believe someone would actually choose this ) I would still buy this game, if not for the BUGS.
During the trial, I ran into one AVE-access violation error, and 3 times, the gameplay stuck, like a broken record, so I had to escape the game.
I still have some time left on the trial, so that just goes to show you, just how many problems, this game has in the first hour, so I can't imagine what the rest of the game has in store.
I just don't understand how a new game, can have so MANY bugs, shame on the developers, rush job=NO SALE.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Feb 3, 10 12:16 PM
I totally agree with the comments stated here.
The music was very irritating. The game play was not smooth. Glitchy.
Personally, I play Match 3s with a timer on, but I have to say that people should have the option to play timed or untimed.
Too bad because with Match 3's that you have to build on something ie;gardenscapes, could be a really good seller.
A little more effort put into this game could have made a very big difference in sales.
No buy.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Feb 3, 10 12:34 PM
I usually read the reviews of a game before I download it and, I download the trial, based on what I read. From all the above, this game does not look like one for me. I continue to tell developers, as many of you do, as well, that they need to include BOTH TIMED and UNTIMED modes. It doesn't appear that very many developers are listening to the customers. Because of the "Timer only" mode, I won't even download the trial.

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Feb 3, 10 2:07 PM
cant get this game to play at all, the loading bar says its loaded and then 5 mins later nothing, when the chose your options bar finally shows up (options,play game,etc)you click on somethink and nothing happens. i unistalled it.

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Feb 3, 10 8:49 PM
Far too simple for me.

The problem for me with this game is that I could play something very similar and far better for free online.

Not worth the price at all.

I only played the demo almost to the finish because I was bored.

If there was more of a purpose to the game then I think others would buy it, but this one is one where you are left to your own devices with no real "goal" to achieve.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Feb 3, 10 11:20 PM
Ooh, buying and breeding your little animals and making a garden for them to play in. Sounded wonderful. Unfortunately, the items you buy are so fuzzy you can't really enjoy the graphics of the garden/animals. And the music. Yuck. Plus poorly-translated English and crummy instructions. I think I can't delete this mess fast enough.

Go to: