Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spring in Japan here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 20, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/20/2016 at 5:40:09 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spring in Japan here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 20, 16 5:40 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Jun 20, 16 9:05 AM
This looks like a very cute game but with one quirk -- don't know if it's just me or if anyone else is having this problem. The game opens up in a Window. There is an option to select "Full Screen", but when I do this, the game immediately closes and then comes back up in a window with Full Screen once again not selected. In other words, the Full Screen setting does not hold when you select it. I am playing with Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

[Post New]by kayejayeb on Jun 20, 16 10:11 AM
Same problem here...
Windows 10

Edited on 06/21/2016 at 12:39:12 PM PST

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Jun 20, 16 10:43 AM
Same with me. I use Windows 10.

[Post New]by PissyGalore on Jun 20, 16 12:43 PM
I am having the same problem but am using Windows 8.

Also, when playing the game, I see my small Windows arrow right next to the large custom cursor. This wouldn't bother me much except when playing the match 3 game the tile I am trying to use gets mixed up with the one next to it because of the opposing cursor icons.

My game abruptly exited while trying to brush the second line of the kanji minigame. I had to open it twice again before I was able to finish the kanji game the third time.

Too bad. This looked like a challenging and interesting game with all the varied minigames besides the regular match 3.

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Jun 20, 16 1:31 PM
Same issue as the others - won't play at full screen.

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Jun 20, 16 3:30 PM
Using Windows 8.1 same problem wont go to full screen on 17 inch laptop but I was able to get rid of the double arrow mentioned above by going to the options screen and clicking on custom curser.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 20, 16 4:31 PM
Hey there everyone,

Sorry to hear that there has been some trouble playing this game in full screen mode. I definitely understand wanting to display the game as large as possible and wanted to hop in and provide some steps to try out for this situation. The first thing we recommend is to change your screen resolution as sometimes a game will only display in full screen at certain resolutions, the following article can help with changing your screen's resolution:

Screen Resolution

If the issue continues after trying the above, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Not only do our Reps have the tools to gather data on and report problems, but they can also offer customized troubleshooting, and are always happy to help.

Thanks for your patience everybody!

bfgIlinalta

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jun 20, 16 11:57 PM
The only place I have a problem is the kanji game. When I try to brush along the dotted lines, the game abruptly shuts down. When I go back in, it does the same thing most times - when it doesn't close down, I can't get all the way along any of the lines. It may be because I use a trackball, but that's the only part of the game that doesn't work right for me. I also use Windows 10.

dollfaye
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dollfaye on Jun 21, 16 8:44 AM
I would probably enjoy this game but it won't let me! It refuses to save my game so every time I exit, I have to start over again. I did receive a credit for it after contacting Big Fish but I'd rather be enjoying the game since there aren't that many new match-3 games, lately. Yes, I tried reloading the game. I'm playing on Windows 7.

[Post New]by donadriedger on Jun 21, 16 9:36 AM
The very first Kanji game kicks me out every time. I have to restart, then it works the second time.

[Post New]by capecu on Jun 21, 16 1:35 PM
PC, Windows 10---It looks like about one or more inch of the bottom screen on the game is not showing up only part of the power up button is showing on the match 3 also the second row of the seek and find list is also missing and so on...its also placed up into the left corner of the screen and the lower right and bottom is blacked out ............just tried windowed game play, same problem, without the blackout right and bottom. the lower portion of game is still cut off as before in full screen.

Edited on 06/21/2016 at 2:00:12 PM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 21, 16 4:31 PM
I got this with a PCC this morning. Game is OK but seems to have several glitches. When I click on the ? in an effort to get a little more information it gives me several error codes telling me that it can't load or access certain areas. Cannot use the brush as it throws me completely out of the game with an error code so I've just been skipping that part. I am very quickly becoming bored with a game that just doesn't function properly so I will probably just delete it. Oh well it was just a coupon. But, I won't be getting any games from this developer in the future.

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Jun 22, 16 2:10 PM
Running Win8.1

I also get kicked out of the game at the second Kanji character. That made it a no buy for me.

I'm wondering if it is an old game; on my new computer, some of my older games won't run right. (I've been a Fishie since 2006.)

I also had the problem with the dual cursor, and fixed it by clicking on, was it "Game cursor?" Whatever. This is the first game I have ever seen that didn't have the game cursor pre-selected.

[Post New]by PoneyGirl on Jun 30, 16 5:50 PM
The game was playing fine until I reached mt fugi and now when i try to follow along the dotted lines it kicks me out of the game completely. Upon multiple retry's and changing level of difficulty, still the same problem.

pixquakeSJ
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by pixquakeSJ on Jul 1, 16 3:14 PM
PoneyGirl wrote:The game was playing fine until I reached mt fugi and now when i try to follow along the dotted lines it kicks me out of the game completely. Upon multiple retry's and changing level of difficulty, still the same problem.

Hi PoneyGirl,

There are two lines there (green one and pink one). Try not to draw them both at once. Draw one, wait a second and then draw another.

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Jul 2, 16 2:45 PM
64 bit Windows 8.1 get windows fatal error message when click on help button on menu screen and have to close using task manager (was going to help to find out what the icons at the bottom of the screen cleared).

[Post New]by FrabjousDay on Aug 8, 16 3:10 PM
same as others, at the second kanji, Mt Fuji Chap 4 the game abruptly exits - with any activity on that screen; can't skip as even clicking that also closes the game. have tried several times, same result.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Oct 5, 16 4:46 PM
pc win 10 same problem as others- get kicked out trying to draw image!

Go to: