Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Spring in Japan here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 20, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/20/2016 at 5:39:43 AM PST

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spring in Japan here.

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jun 20, 16 3:17 AM
I love Japan, have been there several times, and am predisposed to like games with an Asian flavor. I can also be a bit more critical, too. This is your typical Match 3 with a few twists on the powerups. That's the plus. On the minus side, it's very basic, nothing really special. The graphics are ok, but not great, and the gameplay is fairly boring. The music is several bars of a very repetitive pseudo-Japanese melody that got on my nerves fairly quickly. I also found the woman protagonist's voice somewhat irritating.

The storyline, what there is of it, is rather boring, but you do get a few puzzles/HOs tossed in here and there. They don't seem to do much for the plot, but do break up the monotony. I didn't encounter any bugs or glitches during the demo play. That said, I may buy as a DD or CotW in a year or so if offered. It's not a bad game, just not a pay full price must-have.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 20, 16 5:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spring in Japan here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spring in Japan.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

fairlaine
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by fairlaine on Jun 20, 16 8:00 AM
Played the trial and enjoyed it very much.bought it! Nice and relaxing

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Jun 21, 16 8:39 PM
Nice M3 game. It has a few features I have never seen before (conveyor belt, for one). The graphics are really pretty. I love how power ups are earned...very cute.

My only complaint is that is was too short. I hate to say that because it will cause some people not to buy, but I have other Match 3 games that I have been playing for months and still have not finished. This one took me one day playing on and off.
I did not play in the harder modes. I'm sure that would have added to the game time and maybe that would appeal to some.
I also skipped the storyline, so I can't comment on that.

Audrey

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 22, 16 1:03 PM
I am a M3 fan, so was very happy that I got a new one to play, not many new ones come out, which I don't understand, because I LOVE M3 games.

I found this to be very relaxing, and the music for me is soothing, swap is my all time favorite for M3's, which this is mostly, there are some group one's also, but not as many, so I am ok with that.
I like that it has cute little mini games, every now and then, not after every board, which also makes me happy, don't care for stopping my M3 groove on, like other games I've seen.
The power-ups do come in handy, and I enjoy collecting keys, pens etc, by making matches with them, which then opens up the playing board, even further.
I also love having to make 3 matches, to remove the stone wall pieces, views on the main game page, do a much better job, at explaining ALL of the different game mechanics and game play in general.

I think this is a very cute and well put together, little gem, is it the best out there, no, but it is sure worth a coupon, at least for me anyway !
Everyone's taste is different, try it for yourself, you might be surprised like myself, and ENJOY it, for those relaxing times, that some of us need !!

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Aug 5, 16 10:38 AM
DITTO quarlesqueen
I completed, took a break and came back. Still a good relaxing game

Go to: