bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Venice- Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 20, 16 11:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

With all the cities that are available for you to explore, we realize that it can be a little tricky to find help or give advice for specific levels in each city. To help with this, we've set up the Gummy Drop! City Directory and have created threads for each city.

This specific thread is dedicated to Venice. To help keep everything organized, we're asking that all requests for help or helpful advice posted here pertain to this city only. If you'd like help with a different city, do check out the Gummy Drop! City Directory in order to find the appropriate thread.

In the post below, the moderators will try to add links to existing threads that contain helpful hints for this city. However, we'd like to ask everyone to create any new Venice posts here. You can do this by clicking on the Reply button. If you'd like, you can also change the Subject line to the specific level that your post is about.

I hope you enjoy the city!

bfgBellerophon

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Venice- Level Help

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 20, 16 11:52 AM
Existing Venice threads:

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 23, 16 4:27 PM
Is there a trick to level 45 or do I just need to stock boosts?

Edit: one combo boost and it was easy. Even the time my first move swapped to form both a five in a row and a four in a row, and then I swapped those didn't make it.

Edited on 06/23/2016 at 4:59:12 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 23, 16 5:59 PM
I would like to mention that Venice is far easier than Havana, New Orleans, and Barcelona. Roughly the same as Amsterdam.

[Post New]by JulianLuttrell on Jun 25, 16 10:44 AM
Hi,
any suggestions for how to approach Venice level 26? I simply cannot get the score - do I have to use a boost?

Julian

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 26, 16 11:54 AM
That might be the level I gave up and planted a palm tree on at the start. I had 5 palm trees at the time and I rarely use them. With no sand to worry about, and no real need to clear all the paper, it would have been much simpler.

[Post New]by JulianLuttrell on Jun 27, 16 11:28 AM
Got it! Just had to ignore the diversions and go for the score.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 5, 16 7:33 PM
Level 103 is causing me grief, can't get colours to match and clear through the only opening in the wall and can't find a Lightning anywhere so what is the trick for this one??

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Nov 7, 16 12:25 PM
Got it - more by good luck than anything! I found this city expensive as I had to buy extra moves quite often and shovels of course! Started the city with 4500 coins and staggered out with 2500. I still have 20+ intern levels to go back and do at some point but once again shipping saved me and I bought no helping hands. They seemed to be expensive for very little gain.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 8, 16 1:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are having issues getting through particular levels.

For Venice, Level 26, what I found helped was to focus on making line crushes and bomb boosts. These can also be made by making certain combinations of 4 and 5 gummies. To help prevent the tiles from being taken over. While players do have the option to use an Oasis boost, players can also work fast to stop the sand from generating on the board. By working fast I was able to get the score level requirement.

For Venice, Level 45, this was indeed a tricky level that took me a few tries to get through. Thank you lordkalvan for letting other players know of what helped get you through this level. What I found helped was to focus on making matches next to the ice blocks. Once those were free, it made it easier to make boosts such as line crushes and Lightning Bolt Boosts. These can be obtained by making 4 and 5 gummy combinations. If you are able to swap a line crush with a Lightning Bolt Boost, that helps to take care of the tiles on the board with the least amount of moves. After the tiles were taken care of, I worked to get the score level requirement if it wasn't yet obtained.

For Venice, Level 103, this is a very tricky level. What I found helped was to focus on making matches towards the top of the board first on the left and right side of the board. In order to get rid of the stickers at the top, matches must be made next to them. Once those stickers were taken care of, matches must then need to be made towards the top middle section. Once the stickers on the top middle section are taken care of, gummies will fall through the rest of the middle portion of the board. Players can then work on getting matches in the lower middle portion of the board to get rid of the tiles. Once I cleared out all the tiles, I then focused on getting the score level requirement.

If players continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Customer Support Team with the email address that is linked to your game. Just in case, I'll include a link to a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 8, 16 1:41 PM
The good news about Gummy Drop! is that with enough reports of certain levels, we can work with the teams to help fine tune them. Good luck! Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 11/08/2016 at 1:41:49 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 3, 17 5:32 PM
Hello Gummy Drop! players!

Thank you for enjoying our game! I am posting today to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to help other players out here as well as so that I can help keep this thread accessible for players who would like to request suggestions for this specific city's levels. Thank you for your patience while helping one another out with cities in the game, and I wish to encourage players to make use of this thread again to discuss the city of Venice and the levels within it.

Thank you all again for helping one another and I hope everyone is enjoying the game. If there is ever still an issue with a level and suggestions don't seem to help, I would like to say that our Gummy Drop! Support Team is also more than happy to assist as best they can. You can also contact any of our active Moderators, should you have further questions. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by yody43 on Oct 17, 17 11:05 AM
How do I complete Venice 79. Can’t clear the board fast enough before the stickers come back. Is there something I can buy to help?

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 17, 17 3:52 PM
I think the best way to deal with 79, is to only start when you can make a lightning bolt on the first move, then, if possible, get a bomb or line crush next to it and set them off, so it will smash the board up. at the very least, a lightning bolt hit on red, green or light blue will hopefully set off at least one of the colour blockers at the bottom to free up a column or two. That level was a real pain and it takes a lot of good luck and a bit of strategy. Keep backing out of the level until the board loads up with a favourable layout, then go ahead and play it, take time between each move so you can make the right moves and not miss anything. Good luck.

[Post New]by JakeyBakey12 on Nov 1, 17 11:29 AM
I think Venice is a big PITA, tbh. 112-1 and 115-2 are currently giving me a headache. I can't wait to get out of here.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 1, 17 5:40 PM
JakeyBakey12, do you really HAVE to do those levels? As they are only side path levels that lead to helping hands, and its not worth bothering about any of them anyway, you don't need to do them, so save the headaches and move on. If you had to spend coins or boosts on getting through them, its not worth the rewards for completing all intern levels at the end as it only gives you 67 coins. Just ship resources or earn them elsewhere, drill for green gems in Istanbul and use them in Venice. there are a heap of other ways around doing side path levels that are unpassable or annoying. And if you were to pass 115-2, the next one is a silly timed one in which you have only 20 seconds to complete it. Its madness even trying

Edited on 11/01/2017 at 5:40:51 PM PST

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Apr 7, 18 9:37 PM
Just swimming by to bump it up!

Go to: