Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by 1941granny on Jan 7, 11 10:49 AM
hate this game,will not spend my money on it ! in the first place I am forced to look at the awful "film" wether I want to or not and the game just drags along from there on.I have nearly three hundred games but never will own this one,love Big Fish hate this game.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jules2410 on Jan 7, 11 12:05 PM
Hi, just thought I would say thanks to Bhilithinn for their earlier posy for making me feel I'm not alone at being a tad disappointed with this game. It's good but it's not as good as Dire Grove for me. MCF is a fantastic series that is getting so much better but this felt like a step back. I still bought the collectors edition and would recommend it to anyone but hope the next one goes back to what Dire Grove started in general great creepy gameplay!

Edited on 01/07/2011 at 12:06:46 PM PST

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 7, 11 12:29 PM
The graphics are brilliant. The actors, which are live are brilliant too. I loved the real people, brought more believablity to the game. The gameplay is HOG and IHOG. This is a wonderful game and I truly enjoyed the demo. Can't wait to see more.

This game is an A++.

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Jan 7, 11 12:52 PM
I really don't have any issues with the game or graphics. All I want is no help. That's right. No help - no objectives, no hints (unless I hit the hint button), no yellow exclamation marks on people indicating I should talk to them next. A flashing journal that then tells me things I haven't even gotten to yet. No, I don't want that! I'll figure it out all by myself.

I actually will walk away from a difficult game or puzzle and think about it, and a lightbulb will go off...and back to the game I go. I do like that process!

I guess I should have ignored all of these, but I'd rather not have them in the first place. A journal is fine too, so I can look back at what I've done, but not to tell me things that I haven't even gotten to yet. Ruins the element of surprise.

So...next game...a true expert mode. HInts if we want them, but nothing else. A journal is fine, but only for what I've already done.

Madame Fate, RTR and especially Dire Grove are my standards for great gameplay.

[Post New]by Tisharoo on Jan 7, 11 4:45 PM
MCF..............I was VERY disappointed in this game. When I play a game I want to escape from the realities of the real world and having real people in the game just didn't cut it for me. I really think they ruined this game with actors. I hope they stop mixing real people in the games. I liked the MCF games until they started mixing this concept.

MABJBMB
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by MABJBMB on Jan 7, 11 8:08 PM
I can't believe how bad this game is! Dialogues are too long. Can't stand all the hand holding with the objectives and the next thing to do - and where everything is!!! Shocking how little fun there is to be had. I still haven't finished it after all these weeks because I'm so bored with it. I bought this game the very day it came out, without the trial, because I love, love, love MCF. But I will not buy MCF again without trial and reviews. Guys- you let me down. What happened? I hope you can restore some of the "mystery" back in MCF next time around.
Still a fan - hope to continue being one after the next game.

jac25
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jac25 on Jan 10, 11 6:39 AM
Just finished - not what I hoped for. Graphics are great and the interactive with the live characters was fine with me...puzzles left a lot to be desired - (remember the ones in Ravenhurst 1???). Madam Fate is probably my favorite.
I did like that the hints were unlimited and refilled quickly...needed them!
If you love HOG, this is worth a look - you decide if it's worth a Buy!

[Post New]by early_morning_ja on Jan 10, 11 3:54 PM
OK! 13th Skull is out BUT I'm not a happy camper. The Canadian Dollar is higher that USD and I'm not paying MORE. CAN'T YOU KEEP UP WITH THE DOLLAR?

[Post New]by konangood on Jan 11, 11 7:09 PM
Personally I Love the Game Long but very good ! The only problem is I am having is opening the Cannons, I used the map, I copied Big Fish Walkthrough and did every thing they said to do ! Still can't get the roman numeral numbers to work only one button go's down on each of them not all of them go down tho ? So What am I doing wrong? I have only one skull and it didn't come from a cannon... Can anyone tell me How to do it, I want to finish and get the Bonus , So I can play the Pirate Bonus, Besides the Crook has a Gun and is aiming it at me every step of the way and Badgering Me all the Way... Help I don't want to get Shot : ( Kat

[Post New]by simini on Jan 11, 11 9:14 PM
Love, love, love the game! Completely fun and challenging. It lasted a good long time and the games were unique and challenging, but not impossible- I could actually solve all of them, some after much thought. The story line and characters were good. I hated when it ended! I definitely recommend it.

[Post New]by TK451965 on Jan 12, 11 3:07 PM
I just played the trial and even my roommate was in awe over the clarity and graphics! You have to be a fan of hidden object games in order to appreciate everything! Trials are great fun and yes, it's a good way to get you hooked. I did find it time consuming with the amount of running around you have to do, just to get certain items, thus taking that time to move your trial clock faster. Just as the game started to kick in, I was confronted with "times up" and landed right smack back onto my desktop! Bummer but, that's a trial. Would I purchase it? I'm going to have to toss this name into my gaming hat with the rest and when I do decide, I'll reach into it and the name that comes out, will be the one I'll purchase. I've played so many great hidden objects games here, it makes it very hard to choose. I guess that's why we download the trials, right? It gives us a sense of the game and after scoping out all the finer details etc, we try (and I do mean try) to decide if we want it or do we keep looking. I'm due. I just received another dump of that white stuff called snow (like I wanted more?) So games like these, would keep me highly entertained and take my mind off the howling winter winds. I can handle the howling in games because, it's in a game and not outside my windows. Play the trial for this game, it's well worth the hour. Then decide.

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition

[Post New]by uttermother on Jan 12, 11 5:50 PM
bfgOkeechobee wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

-bfgOkeechobee

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Jan 12, 11 11:55 PM
This is, without a doubt, the best game I ever downloaded and played here at Big Fish Games.

Full of twists and turns, fantastic music and graphics and the puzzles are challenging but not impossible.

This should be the game of the year for 2011.

I LOVED IT!

[Post New]by barbounidio on Jan 13, 11 9:43 AM
The game is a huge disappointment. The actors are irritating, the chores are pointless, the atmosphere is lame (where is the gothic atmosphere of dire grove and rtr?), the place is crowded (where is the lovely loneliness?), the story is weak, and generally the game is pretty simple with all these people saying you what exactly to do and where exactly to go.

tootiefem
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tootiefem on Jan 13, 11 3:32 PM
playing the full version now and i9 love it allthogh i do not understand the cannon part i hope someone can put it in better english ty

[Post New]by alisha21 on Jan 13, 11 11:28 PM
the 13th skull was the best MCF yet!!! very entertaining, imaginative, creative, and amazing plot twists!!!! CONGRATS MCF YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by alisha21 on Jan 13, 11 11:32 PM
tootiefem: the map pieces you've been collecting throughout the whole game is your clue to the cannons. notice the 3 different symbols on the border of the map. the tags are sections on the map with SPECIFIC numerals in a SPECIFIC order. i dont want to ruin it for you so i wont say more than that, but that should get you on your way.

moralera
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by moralera on Jan 14, 11 7:27 PM
What an Excellent game!!!!!!! I really enjoyed it...Some of the puzzles were unique and you had to think a bit..
I'm not a big fan of "hidden object games" but this game was superb.....
Definitely worth the money.....

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 7:44:05 PM PST

Re:13th skull

[Post New]by creamtorte on Jan 15, 11 12:17 PM
I loved the game real people and all. My 74 yr mom played she loves it. my daughter played and loved it ,shes still playing> So you have 3 gereneration loven you games. We need more of these type games.

[Post New]by californiadale on Jan 16, 11 12:42 PM
I want to thank you for being here. I love the 13th Skull game. That is until I got to the parrot. I couldn't figure out how to get the parrot to the snake. I found the answer here. I was so happy because I was able to continue with the game. There are times when I play games and I get stuck and just can't figure out how to continue. Finding this place is fabulous because when I get stuck there is an answer. Now I feel free of stress to continue my insanity playing the games I love. LOL Once again I thank the people that have the answers to the problems

Go to: