Seniors

Re:Seniors

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Mar 23, 17 9:48 AM
Hi,
My name is Quiniela, I am a young 68 years old and enjoy this game so much. I enjoy reading the senior posts. my friends code is 480893, my list is dwindling, due to people leaving the game. I would love to have some new friends to add. I will gift if I have the item.

Thanks
Quiniela

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 23, 17 4:50 PM
Hi ,if you play on iPad send me a pm & I'll invite you.I don't know if you are aware that you can find friends on "Helpful links for Midnight Castle" .Its on the first page of the forum.

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Mar 26, 17 8:41 AM
Hi AuntieRoo,
I just wanted to say hi to all the seniors. I play on a PC. I know about the friends link, thanks anyway for the tip.

Quiniela

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 1, 17 2:53 AM
Hi everyone,I just wanted to say Today is the first day of my retirement .It's a beautiful day & I now have unlimited time in the castle.No more alarm clock,no more commute
I'M FREE AT LAST.
P.S: yes I know it's April 1st.but it's no joke for me I really am free.

LJM5091
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Apr 1, 17 3:09 AM
Congratulations AuntieRoo. I totally get "FREE AT LAST."

Welcome to the Life of Riley.

lj

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Apr 1, 17 5:52 AM
I retired on March 31 too, only it was in 2010. Now I set my alarm to take my grandson to school-just and hour later (or 3 hours when working overtime).

Enjoy your time!
DeeJay46

retired94
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by retired94 on Apr 1, 17 7:37 AM
Fantastic. I have a little over a year to go. friends say I'll get tired of it but I am tired of working. Love my job just 47 years is enough. You are going to have so much fun. Enjoy!

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,968 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Apr 1, 17 7:50 AM
Yippee AuntieRoo! Congrats!!!

Enjoy your free time. Hurray for no more alarm clocks!!!! Amen to no more commute!!! Free at last is right!

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 1, 17 11:26 AM
Thank you all for your good wishes although I do feel a bit of a fraud.4 years ago I had a heart attack which thanks to our amazing NHS I survived.I decided then to slow down aiming to take early retirement now.Now I'm going to do all the things I've never been able to because I've always worked.No 1..lots of time in the castle.

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Apr 2, 17 9:50 AM
Enjoy your retirement AuntieRoo. best part is no alarms. Enjoy more hours playing Midnight Castle.

Quiniela

finegael
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by finegael on Apr 2, 17 1:14 PM
65, retiring next year, and congrats to AuntieRoo, I am soooo looking forward to no alarm clock!

And of course, more time to play!

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 2, 17 1:30 PM
It's only Been 2 days & I've managed to sneak 2 hours of extra MC.I told hubby I still had paperwork to do.Ha ha. I might use that excuse again & again & again.It should be good until the Fall Event & by then I'll have thought of something else.
Thanks again for the good wishes .

kkreisman
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Apr 2, 17 4:22 PM
I retired 4 1/2 years ago. At that time, most of my friends were work friends, and were all quite a bit younger than me. The first time we got together after I left, one of the younger ones asked "what on earth do you do with your time?" After mentally going over all the closet cleaning, cupboard rearranging, floor scrubbing, laundry, cooking, etc., etc., I replied "absolutely nothing, and having a blast doing it".

I know you will too. Congratulations!

katiek

Debchet
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Apr 2, 17 7:17 PM
Congrats AuntieRoo!!! I retired 4 years ago on March31....
Now I wake up every morning and ask myself
"What do I feel like doing today?"

IT'S WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 3, 17 9:37 AM
Thank you all.
Having had a plan for 4 years after 3 days I've made a few changes:
1) Buy hubby a set of golf clubs (so I can spent more time playing MC)
2)Ask BFG if they can convert my excess coins to real cash to pay for above
3)Find a lawyer to divide up join assets if above fails

Edited on 04/03/2017 at 9:38:49 AM PST

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Apr 3, 17 4:39 PM
Hi AuntieRoo--Congrats on retirement!! I've been eligible to retire for the last 4 years but am still waffling on making that decision. For now, I've decided to settle for some travelling because I can earn paid time off for said travelling versus the pay cut if I retired now.

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 3, 17 4:50 PM
Sharp_Eyes,thank you,I think I'll book 2 holidays....I'll send hubby east & I'll go south.Apparently absense makes the heart grow fonder !!!

[Post New]by Spmittel on Apr 7, 17 1:29 PM
Hi everyone. I'm in my 70's and I've been playing Midnight Castle for a few years now. I had to get a new iPad, but still play on the original game where I am now on livel 76 and just completed the last update. (Hope I don't have to wait so long for the next one.) Did you all know the game can't be transferred to a new device? I didn't, so I started over on the new iPad. And I'm stuck on level 29 and need 8 unique stamps to continue! I don't know how to get them other than to hope for them in one of the 3 gift boxes that pop up. I'd be glad to send gifts to you from my original inventory but I've never done it. Directions please!! Here is my friend number 2409696. Please send me yours. Thanks!!

AuntieRoo
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Apr 7, 17 1:43 PM
Hi Spmittel I've sent you an invite.You name comes up as "player" as I already have 2 friends with that name would it be possible for you to change it as I want to make sure I send the unique stamps to you (it doesn't take much to confuse me nowadays )

Edited on 04/07/2017 at 2:01:51 PM PST

[Post New]by Spmittel on Apr 7, 17 5:43 PM
Hi Auntir Roo. I'd love to be able to change it , but I don't know how!! Please help. I'm really not versed in all this kind of stuff.

Go to: