bfgIlinalta
1,984 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 19, 17 4:48 PM
Hello mommduck,

Thank you for providing us that feedback about what the situation with that Kindle device has caused. I want to apologize for any confusion that occurred while we investigated what was causing the issues with some of the specific devices that were having trouble with the recent update. We definitely want to assist with that new crash and progress loss though, and I recommend staying in touch with our Midnight Castle Support Team if you have already contacted them about this situation. They are more than happy to continue helping with the new device or old one.

If you haven't contacted the Support Team or if another player is seeing trouble with their Android device playing Midnight Castle, do not hesitate to contact the Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code. Our Reps are happy to help out as best they can and will get back in touch as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience, and I apologize again for any confusion surrounding the update issue some Android devices were experiencing. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by jackieclune2 on Apr 19, 17 11:58 PM

Edited on 04/20/2017 at 9:45:28 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,994 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 20, 17 9:48 AM
Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank players for their patience regarding spam posts within the forums. Spam exists because we must make the forums accessible to anyone who would like to create an account and participate. We will continue to request upgrades to our spam filters along with manually banning each spam poster and deleting each spam post. For more information, please see the following announcement:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - August 12, 2015

Thank you for your patience and understanding! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

only1Marne
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by only1Marne on Apr 21, 17 8:07 AM
When I went to play MC today I had a message to download the app store app to continue, now I can't bring the game back on. Never mind got it.

Edited on 05/03/2017 at 7:32:34 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,994 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 21, 17 9:19 AM
Hi only1Marne,

I'm sorry to hear that when trying to download the Midnight Castle app, the game won't open on your device. It is recommended to refer to the following Big Fish Games Help page as it contains troubleshooting steps that have been known to help get players back into their game.

Midnight Castle Android Troubleshooting

If you continue to have issues opening your game, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your device information and player ID if you are able. If you are not able to provide your player ID, please try and give details of your game such as profile name, avatar used, and approximation of currency. The Support Team has the appropriate tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any wya that we can.

bfgBellerophon

nm77
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Stuck on Level 60 even though I complete what is required several times over!

[Post New]by nm77 on Apr 21, 17 9:55 AM
I am stuck on Level 60 in Midnight Castle on Kindle Fire, and although I have completed the pet food quest several times and it always resent to 0/10.
This is not allowing me to go forward even though I complete what is required.
I do not want to lose all my coins and diamonds, and do not want to stop playing entirely.
Thanks for the help

Edited on 04/21/2017 at 9:58:23 AM PST

Kimball321
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Apr 23, 17 2:53 AM
Game keeps flashing on and off tried closing down kindle but it still persists yours Chris

bfgIlinalta
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Apr 23, 17 5:30 PM
Hello nm77 and Kimball321,

Thank you for taking the time to report what you are experiencing while playing the Android version of Midnight Castle. It looks like there is both an issue with the game not noting the progress of a quest and another where the game is flashing on and then off, and that some preliminary troubleshooting seems to have not helped.

It is possible that the steps on the linked article below following turning the device off and on again could assist with both of these issues, and the first thing I would like to do is recommend seeing if they will help with the crashing after flashing on as well as the game resetting that quest criteria:

Crashing, Freezing, Game Won't Open (Android)

If those steps don't seem to help or if you'd just like to receive additional assistance while troubleshooting, what I would like to recommend is contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with the make and model of the device seeing the issue, the version of operating system the device is using, as well as your Friend Code for the game. Our Reps will get in touch as soon as they can to continue helping out.

It seems like most players know where to find their Friend Code, but if you are unsure where to find that so it can be provided to the Support Team, the following article can assist in retrieving it:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you both for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. Don't hesitate to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with any further question. We're all happy to listen and help out.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by jaddab on Apr 28, 17 6:17 PM
Stuck on 15 special creature egg task at 10 and have opened 10 addl but still stuck on only 10-- this is true for android & ios- my codes are a599480 and i20006172

bfgBellerophon
7,994 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 1, 17 8:18 AM
Hi jaddab,

I'm sorry to hear that certain items aren't crediting properly in two of your games. Since we don't have the tools to investigate this issue from the forums, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with your player IDs and screenshots of your inventory. The Support Team can definitely look into this for you. Just in case it's needed for you or other players, I'll include specific Big Fish Games Help pages below on how to obtain this information:

What is an in-game ID?
Taking A Screenshot

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by zingr8 on May 2, 17 7:00 AM
Hi all,

I have contacted the support team via email regarding the following issue.
Maybe someone here has some suggestions.

I signed in this morning to play and have lost my whole game and progress.
When I signed in it said updating and as soon as it finished I was back to the very beginning but with the same game I'd??
I was level 76, had a significant amount of coins, shards,diamonds etc. Up to date with the current castle challenge.

It is so disappointing because this is the second time this has happened.
Does anyone have any suggestions that may help me other than contacting the support team here?

I appreciate all help and suggestions.

Thanks
Tra

bfgIlinalta
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 2, 17 4:08 PM
Hello zingr8,

I'm sorry to hear that Midnight Castle seems to have lost that progress. Thank you for letting us know you've already contacted the Midnight Castle Support Team. This is what I would've suggested if it hadn't already been done, so I'm glad to hear you're already in touch with them for help with that progress.

It sounds like this request is in our system and will be assisted with as soon our Reps are able to do so. Thank you for your patience while waiting on our Reps to get back in touch to help restore this progress.

For any other players that are seeing trouble with a loss of progress, please don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with the in-game Friend Code that is being seen and the Friend Code of the lost progress if it is different and available. Our Reps will be sure to help as best they can with the tools that are available.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that our Reps are able to help restore that progress soon so that you can continue enjoying the game. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

only1Marne
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by only1Marne on May 3, 17 7:41 AM
When will I be able to get the rest of the unique enchanted eggs and enchanted eggs to acquire the girl and boy elfs?

susiepuma
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by susiepuma on May 3, 17 8:19 AM
I just spent three and a half hours playing the Spring Terrace.....I have 130 friends. My game got stuck on 'please wait' so I did for about 5 minutes, clicked out & back in & still stuck on please wait so I restarted the game and I LOST EVERY SINGLE FLOWER, CARROT, COINS, WHATEVER that I had accumulated in that time. Also, when I click on each friend to play the terrace, it takes time for the screen to open & when it starts, there is already 12 seconds clicked off on time. Needless to say, I am really upset about this and I play this game on 3 devices and have been playing since 2014.
What causes this.....the game or this device which is a Samsung tablet?

bfgIlinalta
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 4, 17 4:02 PM
Hello only1Marne and susiepuma,

Thank you both for your patience and for reporting experiences in the Android version of Midnight Castle. I can absolutely understand asking for some clarification on collecting the enchanted eggs as well as what to do when there's a loss of progress. Let me clarify a little bit as well as provide some steps to get in touch with the Midnight Castle Support Team.

only1Marne, for the achievements to unlock the Girl and Boy Elf avatars, players can collect all 27 Unique Enchanted Eggs to complete the "Rare Find" achievement which unlocks Elf Girl as an avatar. Players can also complete the Eggs-actly achievement to obtain Elf Boy. I hope this clarifies, however if you're finding there isn't progress being made while collecting eggs for one of them, please don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with your in-game Friend Code for further assistance with these achievements and collectables.

susiepuma, I'm sorry to hear that progress seems to have been lost. When progress is lost in the game, the best thing to do to get that restored is to contact our Support Team. So, I recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with the old in-game Friend Code that had your progress (if available, if not, please provide as much detail about that previous progress as possible) and the current in-game Friend Code that is being displayed. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch to assist with that progress as quickly as possible.

As for whether it is the game or the device causing those issues, I am unable to determine that here in the forums, but if you get in touch with our Support Team above, our Reps may have some troubleshooting or steps to try to resolve the issue, whatever may be causing it.

If a player is unsure where to retrieve their Friend Code for this game, I'm providing the steps for retrieving it below:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you both for your patience and time, and I hope this helps. Feel free to PM any of our active Moderators with further questions. We're happy to help out.

bfgIlinalta

Screen blanked out wiped out progress and coin purchase

[Post New]by samram65 on May 10, 17 8:29 AM
This is about the 4th timeThis has happened on my kindle fire HDX. I love the game but stop it from resetting please. I had already opened the desk in the lighthouse and gotten the keys. Purchased coins by cashing in some eggs. Was up to 10 lords in the challenge and purchased coins with an in app purchase with my money. All was wiped out. I had the lighthouse heart with one gem in it and that's gone and I need to get more coins to open the desk. Why is this happening and how do you fix it?

bfgBellerophon
7,994 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 10, 17 10:01 AM
Hi samram65,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that the game continues to reset on your Kindle. Since we don't have the tools to access your account from the forums, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team. Please provide them your player ID, details of the issue, and any approximation you can recall of your approximation and other items within the game. The Support Team has the appropriate tools given by the developer to help look into this for you. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a Big Fish Games Help page below on how to obtain your player ID:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by hefilump on May 14, 17 2:32 PM
Still no update.

Cannot play the game as it has to be updated but cannot find the update anywhere, including the big fish website.

Anyone got any ideas?

bfgIlinalta
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on May 14, 17 4:27 PM
Hello hefilump,

Welcome to the forums, and I'm sorry to hear there was trouble with the latest update on Android. The latest update for Android was released on April 6, 2017 and more information on that release is below:

NEW UPDATE available for Midnight Castle (Android) - April 6, 2017

If you are seeing the 'update loop' some players were experiencing earlier in April, the following announcement discusses that this issue was addressed by the teams behind the game:

An Announcement Regarding the "An Update is Available" Message Loop for Android Players.

It sounds like you are still seeing trouble with that update, so what I recommend is following the steps located in that announcement and contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team for further assistance with the update. Be sure to provide our Reps the model of the device seeing the issue and its type as well as the operating system it is running. I also recommend contacting them with your Friend Code, just in case. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch as soon as possible to help.

If it's helpful, the following page describes how to retrieve a Friend Code in Midnight Castle:

What is my Friend Code?

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that is helpful in clarifying how to receive further assistance for that issue. Don't hesitate to PM me or any of our other active Moderators with further questions. We are all happy to help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Lori_51 on May 19, 17 12:43 PM
I play on a kindle fire. My issue is on my friends pages I can only
Gift the first page of friends and some on the second. The rest of the friends on the other pages are frozen. I went to the support page and all I could enter was I needed technology help.
Their was nowhere for an explanation or a submit button. I am frustrated I need help. I play under the name of Sally Anne and my I'd number is a322493.

Edited on 05/19/2017 at 12:47:19 PM PST

Go to: