Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 16, 10 7:53 PM
Excellent game here's why-

unique original gameplay
obvious where to go next
beautiful drawings/graphics
challenging but not stupid hard puzzles
skip for any puzzle you don't like
don't really need a walkthrough (I did at the beginning to get what you were supposed to do - at the foyer)
non repetitive puzzles/scenes

wish there were loads more game like this - well done

And I got it on the daily deal!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Aug 22, 10 6:27 PM
Wow, cool game. First off, I was very surprised there is not a hidden object to be found! Although this is classified as adventure game, most of the time that means find hidden objects & assemble stuff. Glad this was something different for a change. The opening scenes were impressive, the gameplay is original and reminds me of a movie I once saw called Paperhouse. It was about a girl who drew things and they came to life. The story seems expertly written like a true fairy tale. I like that the puzzles are challenging but not so far out there that you cannot figure them out. Also like that there is a 3 tiered hint system for if you are really stuck. The graphics are beautiful - this game really shines as something special. Glad I purchased it!

[Post New]by fairygodmother55 on Aug 22, 10 7:08 PM
Awesome game! Can't wait until the sequel arrives! I love games that really make you think!

[Post New]by Stephsplat97 on Aug 24, 10 9:48 AM
OMG, I cant say enough about this game. I got so mad when I was finished! Amazing story line. Very interactive and fun. This game kept you interested for a very long time! I love it! My favorite game from BFG

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 3, 10 9:54 AM
I played the demo and quickly used a game credit to buy it. I loved the graphics, the game play and storyline.The art is beautiful and creative, making one believe we are in the paintings. The game play is challenging, but not so much so. The cursor responds beautifully. And the storyline is original and fun. The one thing I was disappointed in was the shortness of the game.

I say a total A+. And was I happy to see the second one out. (okay so my review was a bit late)

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews; OK, THAT WAS...

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Sep 4, 10 12:44 AM
THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. And I am an MCF fan. They will have to do something pretty MIGHTY to overcome the brilliance of this version of DRAWN.

The art is simply breathtaking; the puzzles NOVEL; the music exceptional; the voice-acting top notch. And the theme of the game: ABSOLUTELY INSPIRING.

Thank you Drawn team, you should be so incredibly proud of yourselves for turning out a masterpiece (and I'm not even into the Bonus content yet!).

Blessings

[Post New]by ennaidcat on Sep 4, 10 10:37 AM
my first comment, but I wanted to say what a beautiful game

[Post New]by VenomousKate on Sep 5, 10 6:17 PM
Wow, after reading some of the glowing comments above, I almost wonder if I played the same game as everyone else! Then again, I don't usually play strictly puzzle adventures (I much prefer iHOGs), so maybe that's why I just didn't enjoy this one. Unfortunately, I'd bought it on the Endless Weekend Labor Day sale without demo simply based on all of these glowing reviews. That'll teach me!

Game type: Puzzle adventure.

Graphics: Gorgeous and full-screen (no black bars on the sides).

Voice acting:- Very good voice work accompanied by text dialogue. Unfortunately, you can't click past it.

Game mode: Relaxed, no timer involved.

Hint system: Hints are available throughout the game by clicking on a portrait of Franklin. You can choose which goal you want help with. The system will tell you how many hints/tips are available for that particular goal or item. You'll have to wait for the hint system to refresh before using the next one, and the higher you get in the tower (closer to game end) the longer you'll wait for that refresh.

Puzzles: Not terribly difficult, and there are blog walkthroughs available to help. Puzzles are skippable if you wait, but since this entire game is about walking from one puzzle to the other, why skip?

What's innovative: The hint system does just that: it HINTS, but it doesn't provide you with direct solutions -- it just points you in the next direction you need to go. The artwork is superb as well. There are some unique puzzles that will have you coloring, drawing, chiseling and painting, too.

What's irritating: Unfortunately, this is yet another game that involves a lot of going from one room to another, finding a clue here, carrying it over there to use, etc. And that, of course, means A LOT of waiting for rooms to load so you can, for instance, place one item before backing out of the room (and waiting for the next one to load), then lather, rinse, repeat.

To be honest, I found that so irritating that I stopped enjoying the game and looked forward to finishing the darn thing.

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Sep 5, 10 8:33 PM
Being 'new' to the pond, I bought Drawn II when it came out without even thinking about the fact that meant there was Drawn I that MIGHT BE important to play first. Then I read some comments from the fishies who said "would you read the second book before the first?" and so.....of course I had to buy Drawn the Painted Tower.

I have to say it was marvelous. Maybe even better than Dire Grove and that's saying something in my estimation (although I have yet to play RTR -- gotta save something to look forward to since everyone says it's the all time best).

Great job . Your site, staff, support, specials -- everything make it a fun place to be. So glad I found this site. It's my new "hobby". As in whats your hobby "Big Fish Games!!!!)

This was a beautiful game and maybe I'm just a softie but I actually cried when I got to the tower and Iris.

Graphics, music, story line, puzzles, everything just excellently done. Whew can't wait to now take on Drawn II but I may wait just a bit to relish the anticipation!!!!

I this game and BFG. Hugs to all, enjoy enjoy! grace

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 8:36:54 PM PST

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 8, 10 1:48 PM
Beautiful atmosphere, music and art style, this is a game that is comparable in quality to the adventure games that came out during the Golden Age of the early '90s. Looking forward to playing the sequel--it will be my first CE purchase!

MIGHTYMIDGE
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by MIGHTYMIDGE on Sep 9, 10 12:10 AM
Hmmm! I have played the demo. Most intriguing and different game..It does need brainwork and this pleases me...But the word different, that is its major saleability to me.

I did think during the night,(hahah being woken up with a (?) game solution hahaha, that the red glowing eyes were for the Scarecrow...Playing this morning proved me wrong...Its ok OK I found some eyes for the scarecrow....Hmmm I like the game.

[Post New]by Cindel221 on Sep 9, 10 12:39 PM
Just bought this game a few days ago and was very pleasantly surprised! I finished the game in about 5-7 hours, which isn't that long but I've played much shorter. The great thing about this game was how original everything about it was. The puzzles were challenging, and you could skip them if you wanted (I did a couple times). The hint system was really helpful, without giving it all away on the first hint. The graphics were BEAUTIFUL - can't say enough about that. I enjoyed the story, very engaging and the music was rather haunting. GREAT GAME. I am really looking forward to playing the sequel.

[Post New]by sakuranokaori on Sep 14, 10 10:36 PM
Does drawn: the painted tower come with several languages installed,including Spanish, like the second drawn game (dark flight) ?

Me and my mom love the game, but I prefer playing it in English and she prefers Spanish...do I have to buy it in both English and Spanish, or do all the languages come pre-installed in one game?

Please advise, thanks!

[Post New]by bableed on Sep 15, 10 10:20 AM
I was playing the trial version with 27 min left when it cut off my play and said I needed to purchase the game. I was under the impression that I had an hour to decide if I liked this type of game. For this reason I will not buy it now.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 15, 10 10:25 AM
Play the FREE sample version
(81.84 MB )

You need to read the trial description carefully. There's nothing about time in it.. Sample Versions play up to a specific point, however long it takes.

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 10:26:08 AM PST

like2find
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by like2find on Sep 17, 10 9:54 PM
While I found all of the graphics great, I was very frustrated with the mini games... there were no directions or at least a goal to complete the game. I did not like the ending and will not be buying the continuing game.

[Post New]by renuel on Sep 23, 10 10:26 AM
Absolutely love this game. So much fun. Hard enough to be challenging and such beautiful graphics. Amazing!

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Oct 6, 10 7:50 PM
I just finished this game...

AWESOME

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on Oct 11, 10 5:21 AM
At the CotD price of $2.99, just buy it. If you like beautiful adventure games, you won't be sorry.

MSG050110
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MSG050110 on Oct 11, 10 6:31 AM
I bought this game when it first came out and loved it!! Super buy for $2.99!! This game is more difficult than most of the others, but really makes you think. Everything is well thought out and the graphics are great.

Go to: