janwinley
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by janwinley on Feb 4, 16 5:14 AM
General_hobojoe wrote:
janwinley wrote:Very quick and short question...has anyone answered or acknowledged this feedback? Because I have a feeling we are all wasting our time if they haven't the decency to respond by now. I really don't think they deserve any loyalty from everyone in fact I doubt if they are even reading the thread.

There has been a couple responses from the mods......back on page 33 and 36 or so..... cheers **D**[/quote

I didn't mean the poor frontline, that I know are doing their best., I mean the decision makers that decide the changes and additions....Jan

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 5:17:46 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 4, 16 6:25 AM
My sincere and deep appreciation, Armerige, for such an erudite expression of what so many of us now feel!

This latest "downgrade" of MC has utterly twisted and distorted the game we knew and enjoyed. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to encapsulate so many of the issues each of us has tried to make Elephant and respond to. Hopefully, having the matters set forth in such clear, unmistakable form will finally elicit an equally clear reply.

Loonz111
Clownfish
Clownfish
876 Posts

[Post New]by Loonz111 on Feb 4, 16 7:09 AM
Thank you Armerige
Very well said indeed!

I still keep an eye on the forum, in hope of a change, but find myself playing less and less. Sometimes I sort of pull myself together, start making a round through the Castle, but after the so-manieth drop of coins or a shard I just give up.
I try to gift (for me one of the things that made this game fun), but because of the drop of inventory that's quite restricted. I'm close to giving up...

Lenore

[Post New]by BlazeDuskdreamer on Feb 4, 16 7:20 AM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:
BlazeDuskdreamer wrote:I think there is one thing that has been overlooked in this whole debate: We asked for more ways to get gold and shards. Repeatedly. Both here and on FB, there were often numerous complaints about how much gold it takes to open a HOS or ZZ as well as how many shards it took to feed Trina and buy furntiture for the room. This update was an attempt to address that issue and I frankly think it did so.

Yes, it's true players did ask repeatedly for some way to increase the drop rate of shards and even increase the payout for playing the newer HOSs.

However, I don't believe any player suggested a shard or 15 coins as payout for a HOS instead of an inventory item.

Wouldn't it have been a lot simpler to just have the shard drop randomly like the pet food and stamps do instead of entirely reworking the HOS program?

Yes -- or better yet just have left the morphing flowers like the snowflakes were minus the snowflakes. That's my latest kick. Restore the items to HOS but up the morphing flowers to 20 gold for the drop instead of 10 and have the shards drop from there as frequently as they did during the Christmas event. Then we'd all be happy.

Honestly, I'm just sick of running into that gold wall and I need Trina's keys if they have a special room in the Spring event too like they did the Christmas. I used up all my Trina keys on the Christmas event and am currently at zero. I need shards and gold more than items.

Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Feb 4, 16 7:59 AM
*sigh* Remember when this game used to be fun to play? You could collect some stuff, sell some stuff, gift some stuff, do some daily quest, buy some diamonds occasionally, etc. The update has made it all pointless.

I'm on level 53 and never hung out in the forums but came over to see what the deal was with the horrible update. I've enjoyed reading all the posts that everyone else has written detailing their unhappiness with the changes, that coincide with my own opinion, and been dismayed at the complete lack of explanation or response from anyone other than one mod who opined that the changes were required for the "functionality" of the game!!! What!!! Wtf does that mean?? I have to say that's probably more infuriating than no response at all! I do notice that there seems to be exactly one person who appreciates having their effort devalued by 75%.

But, hey, big shout out to the devs for the wake up call to remind us what an utterly ridiculous waste of time playing this game is and how completely stupid it was to give money to a company that has not even enough regard for it's customers to respond to complaints.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 4, 16 8:26 AM
BlazeDuskdreamer wrote:
Yes -- or better yet just have left the morphing flowers like the snowflakes were minus the snowflakes. That's my latest kick. Restore the items to HOS but up the morphing flowers to 20 gold for the drop instead of 10 and have the shards drop from there as frequently as they did during the Christmas event. Then we'd all be happy.

There is nothing wrong with the current 10 coins in the morphing flowers....people get used to the 20 coins during the events and then when it is turned off, they get upset. If it were made 20 coins during regular play, what would you want/expect for the events? The same? More?

When players ask for things to be added....they need to be VERY SPECIFIC about their request....add shards to the "x" area --- but don't take anything away.

When the Devs gave us more coins and shards, they were just responding to player requests....My personal opinion would be to:
1. Put the HOS item dropping back to the way it was before the update.
2. Use the empty slots from HOS completion goodies to add bonus shards...

It used to be that when you completed an HOS, you got one HOS item, one air ship item, and coins....frequently, you also got a stamp or pet food, but not always. In fact, I noticed that nearly 50% of the time, I just got the guaranteed 3 items. If the Devs just filled more of those empty slots with shards, it would be nice.

If you play the HOSs in circuit , you can receive more than enough coins to open the areas in the next level. Players who are impatient to progress are also wanting to use extra inventory to craft for profit. With those two ways of getting coins (plus the morphing flowers), there was sufficient ways to increase coinage without asking for/getting more.

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 4, 16 8:33 AM
I must say that now that I am no longer making rounds of HOS but just using up current inventory to gift and level up, I TOTALLY understand why some players suggest letting the timer run out several times at a new HOS, rather than clicking on all items as found. Did not matter to me BEFORE the "update", but now I want to keep the new HOS's at the smallest recharge rate possible, as I NEED the item to carry on..... What a SORRY STATE OF AFFAIRS!

I SINCERELY hope the game goes back to being enjoyable in the NEAR future! All it would take would be to return the HOS item drops. I can LIVE with all the other issues. This is DISMAL!

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Feb 4, 16 8:49 AM
Annelliegram- think we could start a thread that makes suggestions to the devs about the features we do want in the game? The hard part might be toning down the "pie in the sky" requests. At least that way we could provide a succinct summary to the powers that be instead of 40 pages of random "gimme" requests.

Just a random (unhumorous) thought...

Ratso

crusader50
Clownfish
Clownfish
900 Posts

[Post New]by crusader50 on Feb 4, 16 8:50 AM
So glad I jumped ship with this game. Life now has meaning and not total addiction.
Sorry the update ruined this game.
Enough said!

Cheers

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 4, 16 8:58 AM
kingratso wrote:Annelliegram- think we could start a thread that makes suggestions to the devs about the features we do want in the game? The hard part might be toning down the "pie in the sky" requests. At least that way we could provide a succinct summary to the powers that be instead of 40 pages of random "gimme" requests.

Just a random (unhumorous) thought...

Ratso

I think any new threads would be locked....we already have this one and the Suggestions to the Devs. They have already indicated that they want all suggestions put in this thread.

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 4, 16 9:08 AM
Yes, we tried to convey one very specific item in the petition thread and that was locked "stating that these threads tend to turn into opinion threads". I still get pm's from folks who want to sign the petition.

Agree, that this thread, in an attempt to corral the information in one space has become convoluted with so many ideas (not that any of them are bad) just so many that it is becomes "ideas for dev" as opposed to what it was meant for which is our loathing the one thing TAKING AWAY OUR HOS ITEM DROP.

I love many of the ideas posted here but I thought the goal was to first give the devs ONE CLEAR CUT THING THEY COULD DO as an interim fix. Perhaps I am just projecting my thoughts and if so I apologize.

Eliana

Rahia
Catfish
Catfish
1,507 Posts

[Post New]by Rahia on Feb 4, 16 9:55 AM
Dear Whoever may be paying attention,

I've given this update a real shot! I tried it on my level 69 game. I gave it a good go on my level 29 game (currently the one I'm mainly playing). I even dabbled with it on my level 17 game. Here are my thoughts:

1) Please, restore the item drops. A lot of people ignore Trina. I usually do! I don't want shards dropping from a scene when I go there to GET an item. I don't go there for 15 extra coins. I don't go there for a shard! I go there for the ITEM and only the ITEM. Before I knew I would get at least 50 gold, an airship item and an actual ITEM. Now I don't want to play a full round. I've played two full rounds on my level 69 since the update.
2) If you want to add shards to the game play I have plenty of suggestions. You could add them as an added drop from the DQ's. It could work much like the Pet Medallions. Perhaps 1-3 shards just like the Pet Medallions. NOT IN PLACE OF BUT ALONG SIDE! You could also add them in the airship drop. We get Food and a some stamps. Why not do the same with the shards?
3) I'm past done with this update. My frustration level has hit the roof. On my level 69 game I only go in to get the daily bonus, gift, dice and check the Wheel of Fortune for a possible egg! Before the update I would go in and at least do 2 rounds a day. This would keep my inventory even to gift and do DQ's. I don't even bother doing a full round on my level 29 game. I'm running out of coins and just can't bring myself to care.

If you really want to help the players then put back the item the way they were. There are many things you could have done with the shards and even coins to make at least most of the people happy. So far, all you've done is successfully anger most of the players.

Ah well, I picture a brick wall and I'm hitting it. I'm done with this. I won't beat a dead horse any more. If this doesn't make sense blame the state of affairs in the Castle and in the forum!

Lioula
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by Lioula on Feb 4, 16 11:33 AM
Hello my dear MC friends.

I have not so much free time and I occasionally browse the Forum.

I have not participated in any conversation about the recent .... "upgrade" and I totally agree with my dearest friend Armerige in everything she says and I thank her for putting so clearly the truth about it.

I can never understand what made the developers introduce such an update.

What would they have been thinking? I really try to understand but I find no logic in it !!

I am so sad seeing so many friends being frustrated and putting their game on a hold.

I am not so eager any longer to log in the game.

I used to have fun even with the change of our avatars and the messages we used to sent through them.

I do not care any longer about the achievements !!

I rarely get any pink "gift box" while playing the HoSs - so farewell to (next year's) Mrs Santa avatar.

I have not seen ANY egg on my Fortune Wheel FOR AGES !!! So, farewell to the won-on -the-fortune-wheel-eggs achievement.

I find that there is an obsession with some particular items and scene visiting over and over again. I do not like obsessions.

I want to be able to gift my friends - my loyal friends who did not abandon L*I*A when it crashed (for 5 months).

I used to know that I could gift them even with rare gifts because I could replace them shortly after.

[Removed by Moderator]

I may understand that this update cannot "be rolled back" but I cannot understand why so many good suggestions - made by players - aren't taken under consideration !!

I do not want to say anything more because bitter words may come out !!

Fortunately, Syberia 3 and Tomb Raider are on their way and they may help me make my probable exit .. easier !!

Take care all of you my friends

Lia

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 12:13:02 PM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Feb 4, 16 12:04 PM
I'm fine with more coins and shards dropping, but what I'd REALLY like more is what almost everyone else has already mentioned...restore the HOS to what it was before. You can't move forward in any reasonable way with the storyline with the way it is now, and those who love gifting can no longer do it. There are many INDIVIDUAL aspects to this game that keeps people playing, but if you change something that affects MANY of those appealing aspects, then the game becomes unplayable due to boredom or just lack of fun or REASONABLE challenge which affects future sales and popular opinion. The way it is now, MC is just another New Coke. And most of us remember how THAT turned out!

ATTENTION DEVS... Concerning Up-Date 1/20/2016

[Post New]by justjo912 on Feb 4, 16 12:12 PM
Totally agree!!! The game is a mess and I hate playing!
justjo912 wrote:
apollogold wrote:I opened my game today and noticed a new up-date. Luckily, I backed out and came to the forum first, to check it out. I'm happy to say that I'm glad that I did. From what I am reading about it.... you have caused an UPROAR... to state it mildly.

Not receiving any Inventory Items from doing an HOS (instead you're receiving coins and shards) is definitely not the way to go. Those of us who having been playing this game since its inception have stayed through the rough spots... The Level 18 Lockout and the Bow Figurine Fiasco... but this last up-date may be what broke the camel's back. I can understand trying to slow some of us down ( and many of us have griped about wanting new up-dates, myself included), but this up-date is just not fair to those of us who have stayed. We like to be able to GIFT our friends! The way this game is going now... that is impossible. If we can't get an Inventory Item, but once in a Blue Moon, then we can't build our Inventory to Gift. And for most of us, That's the FUN in the game!

Instead of giving us an up-date that actually lets us level up... like the one you gave us last January which took us from Level 53 to Level 59... you have been giving us tidbits and most of those have been Special Events. Now, you give us more quests that eat our inventory, but no decent leveling up. Your new Achievements are just about impossible to make, Leveling up is now non-existent. Please, listen to your players... after this fiasco... you're losing players left and right. If this is what you want and are trying to close this game, then either give us some closure or, at least tell us, then we can go on to something else instead of just hanging around... hoping for an up-date that lets us move for about 6 Levels.

Again... Listen to your Players! Thank You.

Apollo / Shadow in the castle

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Feb 4, 16 12:16 PM
G'day,

I wanted to drop in and thank you all again for continuing to provide this feedback for our team to pass along on your behalf.

While at this time no updated information has been shared with the moderation or Customer Support teams, all of the feedback is being shared and passed along for the developer's consideration while they work on the next update.

We appreciate everyone's candor, and we understand that our players are very passionate about this game they've come to love.

We welcome the feedback and the opinions of all our players but we do have to ask that it is shared in a constructive and respectful manner in accordance with the Forum Rules and FAQ .
This includes:

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

If the discussion cannot continue within the guidelines set forth, we will lock the thread.

As we have noted numerous times, the moderation team truly want to see this discussion continuing. This feedback allows our team to advocate on behalf of the users of the forums and Midnight Castle as a whole.

Should the moderation team have any updates from the Midnight Castle team, we will be happy to follow up with you all.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 12:24:26 PM PST

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Feb 4, 16 12:32 PM
I agree with Apollogold as well. The game is becoming too "busy" with all the additional quests for Trina and now we have side quests for keys. If this is confusing and frustrating to us (those who have been here since the beginning), how can you expect to attract new players???? Also, since the HOS are no longer giving inventory items, if we continue to gift to friends, our inventory will eventually run out and then what??? My participation started early when this game was first released and I stuck with it through all the little "mistakes" and glitches because IT WAS FUN. Now it has become a chore!

However, this update is a deal breaker. My plan is to see what the developers do when the next update comes through. PLEASE LISTEN TO US BEFORE YOU LOSE US!

[Post New]by TheLoneGhost on Feb 4, 16 12:54 PM

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 1:48:27 PM PST

[Post New]by TheLoneGhost on Feb 4, 16 12:55 PM

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 1:48:50 PM PST

GrandmaTyra
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by GrandmaTyra on Feb 4, 16 1:19 PM
Amerige, I am in awe of the eloquence with which you answered regarding as players, our "functionality". As we are seeing today they are reading and listening. The last post by the moderator , to me, had a positive tone.

I tried yesterday to send an email to Elephant Games about their silence and them allowing Bigfishgames to take all the flak for this debacle of an update.
I received messages from Delivery System for Comcast email on February 3 at 7:36PM and 9:20PM and today at 3:18AM that so far attempts to deliver have been unsuccessful. I got the address off their website so I'm wondering if they have closed their customer service link down? Interesting. Grandma

Just got another email that they have been trying to deliver my email for 26.7 hours. They will keep trying and contact me if the message can't be delivered permanently.

Edited on 02/04/2016 at 1:29:17 PM PST

Go to: