calisews
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Disappointed in Game

[Post New]by calisews on Oct 4, 08 10:50 AM
I guess I am just getting it, but am very disappointed in the game. I seem to run out of wood sources to quickly, can't do anything with a homeless citizen to make them have a home, and spend all my time shooting the bandits at the mine over and over. I am not getting any enjoyment out of this game what so ever.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Re:Disappointed in Game

[Post New]by heidid on Oct 6, 08 2:12 PM
I posted my gunfighters at the far right side of the screen, so they will catch the bad guys well before they show up at the mine itself. It helps a bit. It does get rather frustrating, I agree. Hope this helps a bit. Sometimes it's worth restarting (since you haven't gotten very far) and think through a strategy that will help you get the sheriff's office as soon as possible.

Good luck!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 6, 08 2:17 PM
thewolfreys, just an fyi. Links are not allowed in the forums according to the FAQs shown under your profile. The Hosts will edit or remove your post. You can reference the site but not type the link. Thought you might want to edit it to make that change. Regards, Cesse.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Dec 7, 08 8:08 PM
Nice suggestions guys/gals.

I hadn't thought of putting the mill inside the forest.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Disappointed in Game

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 13, 10 7:06 PM
heidid wrote:I posted my gunfighters at the far right side of the screen, so they will catch the bad guys well before they show up at the mine itself. It helps a bit.
I found it helped a lot more to post my Hero at the arch the bandits have to come through, with the gunslingers behind him, which prevents their being targets so they survive the fights better.

As for the Original Poster's disappointment, s/he needs to be aware that hacking on fallen logs produces Wood to supplement what comes from the Camps. And that 2 people at 2 camps produce more than 2 people at 1 camp. And that you can harvest "dead" trees; anything that lights up when you hold a Lumber Camp near it before building will produce Wood.

Go to: