Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Tournaments...What the heck?

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jun 22, 16 2:19 PM
iPad is currently running a one hour tournament. In the middle of spinning my four spins, something I rarely get, the game decided that a download was necessary. They couldn't find a better time for either?

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

Re:Tournaments...What the heck?

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jun 22, 16 2:25 PM
Your not alone it's happening to everyone I think, very very bad timing though. It's just stuck on 50% & won't move.
Take a screen shot so you can claim the diamonds you are owed.

Edited on 06/22/2016 at 2:26:43 PM PST

Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jun 22, 16 2:27 PM
I had time to do my four spins, get a score of a little over 200,000 and then had to download which, btw, has been stuck at 50% for quite a while. Tried rebooting my iPad and still stuck at 50%. What’s going on???

[Post New]by Gamegirl1957 on Jun 22, 16 2:28 PM
My iPad is stuck at 50% as well! Hope they reset the tourney!

donnaamelia
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by donnaamelia on Jun 22, 16 2:28 PM
And it's a loooong download, - still only 50 pct...... No tournament this evening as it is only one hour.
It is late here in Denmark, - going to bed ! Sure there will be a new tournament again tomorrow. Sleep well, all players in Europe.....

Edited on 06/22/2016 at 2:40:07 PM PST

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Jun 22, 16 2:36 PM
Even if they reset it not everyone will be able to take part in it as its late here in the UK & I am not prepared to sit & wait until its fixed.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 22, 16 2:40 PM
What is it downloading? Can you tell?

donnaamelia
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by donnaamelia on Jun 22, 16 2:43 PM
Don't know, - could it be something with the Castle callenge function ???

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Jun 22, 16 2:43 PM
Same thing happened to me. I was in the middle of a room... and you know the tournament won't let me back into that room, if I even get back in before the tournament ends.

Sigh.

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Jun 22, 16 2:47 PM
Oh Jackie, DBingamen, How frustrating! I hate it when good scores get lost... especially top 100!

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Jun 22, 16 3:09 PM
The tournaments have been messed up in a lot of ways for quite a while. They need to stop with all of these challenges and get to work on fixing what is already there and needs to get fixed. They used to work, so they need to see what they have done that could have affected the performance here.

Good luck and God bless.

[Post New]by jasonpen on Jun 22, 16 3:21 PM
This is strange. I've been playing for a long time. What's going on??? It's seems the server crashed?

[Post New]by Catlover612 on Jun 22, 16 3:31 PM
I actually got a good score on the tournament and was #7 when the "download" started. It was stuck at 50% for a long time like everyone else and now a different screen is there saying DOWNLOAD NOW. But nothing is happening. It is frozen there.
I know it will get fixed, but am wondering if our tournament scores will still be valid.
It was so exciting to be in the top 100!

Pat3842
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Pat3842 on Jun 22, 16 3:46 PM
So good to know it isn't just me!
Hoping to get back to my Castle soon !
The tournament interruption was a bummer, but the download and freeze, really worried me !
Assuming the Devs will fix whatever, and I can go back to enjoying !

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 22, 16 3:53 PM
Hey there Everybody,

Thanks for your patience while waiting for some more information. I wanted to stop in to post an update regarding this issue. We've been in contact with the team looking into this, and they've let us know that they've worked on a resolution for this problem so that people should be able to play the game again. Players should be able to access it once more when they go to open it again.

Since a fix was announced, we updated the following thread with new details on the problem and how to access the game again. I recommend checking out the details on the thread here:

An Announcement regarding iOS download issues - June 22, 2016

Since this is discussing a technical issue, I'm going to lock this thread. We ask that people please post about technical issues in the following thread. By posting here, we can all keep the forums tidy, while helping the Moderation Team to track trends and problems:

Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: