Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 23, 16 12:42 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/23/2016 at 6:41:00 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 23, 16 1:15 AM
I'm loving this game. It is very dark and the colors are all the same and very muted. It hard to see collectables and hidden objects. But, I believe it's meant to make for a better atmosphere for the time period...and the game being set in London. I'm a huge fan of British movies & series and games. So, this is a great game for me.

But, I find the story line absolutely thrilling and exciting! It even surprised me several times...and it made me jump. I love the mini games/graphics/animations. I love the voice overs! This is a great game IMO.

It's worth your time to try the demo...it's a buy for me! I will leave all details for others. I'm giving this beauty of a game...my second best rating system. Great job and I hope everyone enjoys this game...as much as I am!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

“These are my acronyms & rating system…for Hogs, I Hogs, frogs & Adventure games:

“DIVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and story line. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot.

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 23, 16 5:29 AM
In the demo we experience a dark atmosphere, suiting the theme. The first chapter let us meet with Phileas Fogg and learn about a treaty between good and evil forces. The demo ends with the first chapter and our choice, where to go next. So far so good.
I liked what I played but wasn't sure. Then I took the risk and bought it - and was positively surprised. After the demo this is an absolute winner! Won't say more, just, the beginning of a promising series, new HOS ideas, good puzzles, both features not overdone, great atmosphere and story.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 23, 16 5:42 AM
Here we have a game set in London; as with almost every game set in this city, it's raining. Weather report; it's not always raining here. Along with the rain, everyone either speaks like a member of the Royal family or like a cockney. Accent report; the majority of us don't speak like this. The voices are done well enough, although most used no inflections and sounded like they were reading the telephone directory.

The mish-mash of characters is confusing; am I in The Vermillion Watch or The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen?? It's hard to tell. Jules Verne, Conan Doyle and Robert Louis Stephenson all contribute to the assortment of characters either seen or referenced. A bizarre mix that didn't really gel together in a story that's all over the place.

The graphics are of course dark and gloomy, because that's the stereotypical view of London in the past. This made the collectible signs hard to find. The HOS were nothing special; typical Eipix fare with morphing objects included. Mini-games were fairly ordinary and got skipped because they were too time consuming for the demo. The map shows tasks if you want it to and transports. The 4 modes of play include custom.

I found this game a bit of a mess; characters that never met in the fictional world are thrown together in a story that involves some sort of secret society and an amulet that does who-knows-what. The game-play is typical Eipix, so no surprises for anyone that's played any of their vast catalogue of games. When I saw the name Irene Adler in the description of the bonus chapter, I did wonder if Sherlock Holmes would appear in this game. Perhaps he does at some point; unfortunately I'm not about to find out any time soon. I may go for the SE but nothing about this CE made me want to buy it. Ordinary and confusing would be my description.

I had no technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Wn7 Prof 64-bit.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 23, 16 6:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vermillion Watch: Moorgate Accord Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 23, 16 7:06 AM
Oh wow, wow, wow !! What a difference a fresh approach and/or a different developing team makes.
What a beautifully done game. Love the graphics - so crystal clear - and the colours are just perfect for this Victorian era. Love the way the characters are done as well.

Very much enjoy the story and the added familiar characters from that time. Well done, Eipix !!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jun 23, 16 7:36 AM
I wanted to play a game, instead I got a ton of cut scenes and chatter. And not really much to do. Will save my money for something better.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jun 23, 16 1:17 PM
Finally Eipix with a excellent game (IMO)!

The atmosphere reminded me the long adventure games as "Dracula origin" or some of Sherlock Holmes series.

I'll wait for a nice discount to buy it!

Thank you Miss Lisa and Valdy for your inputs about this gem.

I recommend at list to play the trial, it's free! Happy gaming ,
M.

PS- Already I bought it using yesterday's code !!!

Edited on 06/23/2016 at 1:34:47 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 23, 16 1:21 PM
Finished the whole game, and loved it. Can't wait for the next one...

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jun 23, 16 5:33 PM
What a dreary, boring, tedious game. Rehashed story with mutated creatures doing evil. Ho, Hum. Graphics are dark, muddy, murky & NOT terribly clear. The cut scenes are hideous. They look like they were drawn by a kindergarten class.

The HOS are very simple & the mini-games are tedious & frustrating. I couldn't wait to complete them. Some of them did not have a skip button & the hint button was not always helpful. Never did see any collectibles or morphing objects. They were never mentioned in the game & I thought perhaps there weren't any.

At least Eipix has been consistent lately with the low caliber of their games.

This game definitely hit Grannies "Snooze Button". As always, give the game a try & maybe battling man made creatures will be your thing.

deejae101
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by deejae101 on Jun 24, 16 8:08 AM
I was getting quite bored with Eipix's formulaic style, but they've stepped up their game on this one! Excellent so far in all respects!

[Post New]by sammie1212 on Jun 25, 16 9:13 AM
Too, too many cutscenes. Really disrupts the flow, so it is a no-buy for me.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jun 25, 16 9:26 AM
I thought this game sounded so interesting; all that mix of fictional characters! Interesting story about the Hyde thing. But...now that I've played long enough to get to the prison, "interesting" isn't the word I would use for this game. It's not particularly logical. It's very dark (in color) and it's difficult to see things, especially in the HO scenes where I've had to use the hint several times - something I rarely have to do with hidden objects. It's just dreary and depressing. There haven't even been any surprises that might startle or take one aback. Over all, it's a disappointment, and I think it could have been so much better. I'm sorry I didn't wait for the SE.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Jun 25, 16 2:50 PM
Well... I spent some time playing (while DH is watching Portugal versus Croatia) and just finished the main game.

I really have disliked Eipix releases - and there are tons of series by this developer I do not care about at all -, but I enjoyed this one and appreciated that they seemed to have listened to us gamers and installed some small innovative features.
(Personally I loved the jail scenery and the Alice-in-Wonderland-part! )

Some of the mini games are a little annoying, but this might be due to a certain lack of patience today. Surely getting better if I play in a more relaxed mood, and not this late btw (it's close to midnight right now).

Call me touchy. What really startled me was that 1) I was insulted by Mrs Pemberton who told me I wasn't the brightest brain around (hey Lady: I've just rescued you!!) and 2) this girl Isobel (whom I found unpleasant on sight) started commanding the very second I had saved her life (again!!!) without even mumbling a simple little "Thanks".
I was naive enough to presume that manners were a little more... common sense these days.

Oh, and I do agree with the fishies who mentioned that there were too many cut scenes. Less is more, sometimes.
But over all I surely recommend this game.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Jun 25, 16 3:00 PM
Sorry, I forgot:

If you're playing for achievements and you want to get the "Watch the credits"-one:

Go take a shower.
Get yourself a drink ... and another one.
Walk the dog or cuddle the cat.
Have a manicure.
Read the news.
Laundry.
Watch the moon.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jun 26, 16 11:06 PM
This is just "meh" IMHO. Thanks for starting a new series, but no thanks to the same old game play. Bought and played the whole thing, (yes, "why?" I am asking myself) and the only thing I can say positive is "thanks for all new locations for the bonus game". The rest is uninteresting and formulaic, including all HOS and mini-games, and the mix of characters really makes no sense, nor comes to any sort of logical conclusion in the Bonus Chapter. And what's with the creepy dude that keeps making me put my notes on a table?! Should have spent more time in the garden today than on this re-hashed old stuff somehow made new again. And saved myself $11 bucks (WAY too much for this game).

All my own opinion of course - enjoy those who might!!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jun 28, 16 5:57 PM
Well, the "vermillion" caught my eye as I'd just listened to a song named "Vermillion Sands" so what the heck, until I saw the telltale black-hoodie guy shoving something evil at me in the opening credits. Uh oh...

Can't deny this is very well-produced, slick, professional jobbie, but is it playable and enjoyable? Got burned before with some other soul-less creations of theirs but this one has a touch more humanity about it, a bit more spark. Starts off quite strongly. This coming from someone who solemnly promised "never again," but any game developer who uses the word "ameliorate" correctly gets a few brownie points.

So it's in the "undecided" pile for now, maybe on a sale? Hope the upward trend continues.....

[Post New]by issthereauser on Jun 30, 16 8:18 AM
I am stuck on the HOP where you rotate the wooden panels. I have one object left to find and can't find it. The hint keeps telling me to switch the panels. HELP!

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Jul 26, 16 2:02 PM
just wanted to add my approval of this game, will wait for a game club credit sale, but I definitely will be buying this game! kudos to eipix . there has been such a lull of good games that are coming out lately. BFG, hopefully you are reading and reacting to our messages, particularly about game club members and what are you going to do to keep them buying?????

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 30, 16 9:08 AM
Based on completed game and bonus chapter

I am really late to the party on this one and so won't do my usual four sectioned monster post. Both the CE and SE are out and there are plenty of wonderfully written reviews that cover this game. Here is me trying to be concise.

I felt compelled to post this late, because I really enjoyed this game and didn't want to let it slide without me saying so in the forums. I finished the game with a feeling of being very happy with the hours I spent. That's kind of my bottom line. When I'm done, how do I feel about it? More so than the little bits that make up the game.

It was obvious to me that Eipix put a lot of work into this game and I think it was great fun to play. Graphics were in a different style, but not too dark for me and were immersive to the tone they wanted to set for the game. Challenge was varied, length was good, and there is lots of room for this series to grow. As an avid reader, I enjoyed seeing all these characters show up in London, and I look forward to seeing them again, as well as some new ones in the future.

If you haven't demo'd this one for some reason, I heartily recommend giving this one a spin. Kudos to Eipix from me on a great game.

Go to: