meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Hint Button

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 23, 16 11:35 PM
What is up with that? Looks like a rolling pond of water and I do not see any highlights. There is a sound like a xylophone. What am I missing?

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:Hint Button

[Post New]by bachlein on Jun 30, 16 10:17 AM
Did you ever figure it out? I wonder the same thing.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jun 30, 16 10:57 AM
Howdy meanbusiness and bachlein,

It totally makes sense to ask about how this game's particular hint function, well... functions! At first I was a little confused too, and had to hit it a few times before I realized what the hint button was trying to do with the rippling effect.

When the hint button in One Way Flight is pushed, a set of ripples emanates out across the entire screen. This set of ripples starts from a specific point on the screen. That point is where the hint is trying to point to. The hint points out the location of the next item or area, then ripples emanate from that point, and then spreads across the screen like a ripple across water.

This can be quite confusing, so when you press the hint button, be sure to watch for where the ripple began from. That's where you want to look for the next item or area.

I hope this helps out and happy gaming!

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 06/30/2016 at 1:41:40 PM PST

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Jun 30, 16 11:45 AM
The "wave" starts out where the thing you're looking for is. Sometimes it's still hard to find, but if you keep clicking around the spot, you'll eventually find it. (And the hint button recharges really fast, so you can do it again and again.)

Go to: