Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Florry's Well Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 25, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 06/25/2016 at 7:16:27 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Florry's Well Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 25, 16 7:16 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Re:Psychic unavailable

[Post New]by Palema45 on Jun 25, 16 8:47 AM
Mac OSX 10.9.5

The game is glitchy and crashes periodically. After one such crash, I returned to the psychic with all of my answer cards, but the two cards are not on the table and it won't let me add my 3 collected cards to move forward. Is there a fix for this?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Florry's Well Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by grw180 on Jun 25, 16 9:49 AM
Game crahing and freezing
Mac OSX 10.11.5
I am also having a problem with the demo it crashed twice in the first few minutes and now I can't get past the book puzzle as the book won't let me have the stuck together pages. Until the glitches are fixed I won't be purchasing the game

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Jun 25, 16 10:22 AM
I paused the game and went to the desktop (I didn't exit, I just paused) to leave the room for a bit, and when I came back and clicked on the game icon on the desktop I got a white screen. I could hear the sounds of the game but it would not respond. I could go back to the desktop, but not the game--still just a white screen. At least it's more novel than the all-too-common black screen ? I had to force-exit out of the game through the task manager. Running Windows 7.

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Jun 25, 16 11:27 AM
Another Mac crash victim here. (Playing on iMac, 10.10.5)
It looked so promising, so much fun. But no. Crash, crash, crash. Such a shame.

[Post New]by clpayne on Jun 25, 16 11:53 AM
Stopped working right away in the man's office (froze); had to control-alt-delete out. Windows 7 64 bit.

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on Jun 25, 16 11:56 AM
Glitch in game at Angels and mirrors.

Made it most of the way through the game to where the angels holding mirrors are supposed to reflect the light. The light goes right past the first mirror, and the hint button does nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem. Am I missing something or is this yet another game that was put out not working right?

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Jun 25, 16 1:50 PM
1. crashed right at intro
2. restarted, then froze upon entry into Bolton's office.
3. restarted. there is no map in Bolton's office, no second ghost, have collected 2 "morphing objects" hints, but cannot use them (unresponsive)
4. I'd say this game is far too buggy to warranted anything but a pass.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jun 25, 16 2:45 PM
I'm another Mac user. The game crashed 3 times before I finally ran out of time on the demo. I liked the game and would certainly buy it, but it has to run and stay running before I will do that.

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Jun 25, 16 2:49 PM
I am running on a Mac OSX 10.10.5. The game crashed twice during the first scene (I had chosen custom mode). I switched it to casual mode, and it didn't crash at the beginning.

However I'm now about 30 minutes into the demo and it crashed again, after I gave the cold guy a coat.

That's it for me. No purchase for a such a buggy game.

Too bad - I would have bought it otherwise.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 25, 16 3:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been encountering these problems in the game. When technical issues like these come up, we encourage trying the steps in our help articles. For issues such as these I suggest reading the following:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Additionally, I've gone ahead and included a help article below with information specific to Mac computers:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If these problems continue, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are able to gather data on issues in order to report them to the right team, as well as offer further, in-depth troubleshooting. Additionally, I'm going to make sure to pass along the posts in this thread so that the appropriate team is aware.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Jun 25, 16 3:53 PM
I have the same issues as wanderingwomble so a no buy for me either.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jun 25, 16 4:16 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this game to get fixed anytime soon. The last game in this series from this dev that BF released in January, Gem Fury, still hasn't been fixed with all its glitches. It makes one wonder if the dev even knows how many people want to play their games if they'd only work properly. When they do work, they're actually fun but how can a new player know this if these games continually glitch?

[Post New]by McMartin58 on Jun 25, 16 4:45 PM
Windows XP

Every time I start the game I get a black screen or an error message: Access violation at 0x004458EF (tried to read from 0x02C73000). I restarted my computer three times and uninstalled and installed the game four times. I am not tech savvy but this is ridiculous. I have never had this problem with any game before.

redrose70
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by redrose70 on Jun 25, 16 9:54 PM
Game was working ok until I went into the house talking to the grandmother, went upstairs, clicked on the mantle to the small box and could not exit the screen. I lost the bottom of the screen that the inventory was suppose to be in.. I am on a Toshiba Laptop with windows 10. Would really like it fixed. Thank You Nanc redrose70

nefra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nefra on Jun 25, 16 11:12 PM
Was really enjoying the game but now in two different hop scenes items I need to use have disappeared so I can't move on with the game. Any ideas?

thanks

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jun 26, 16 5:56 AM
Another Mac problem : game crashes periodically. Now in the Bonus chapter one HOG wont play at all. The Hint keeps pointing me to a place which is not clickable and all the other items I see which are clickable are not getting clicked! BFG - please provide an update for the game.

[Post New]by jlscas on Jun 26, 16 12:16 PM
I am having the same issue as below. Can't seem to get beyond this part of the game.

"Glitch in game at Angels and mirrors.

Made it most of the way through the game to where the angels holding mirrors are supposed to reflect the light. The light goes right past the first mirror, and the hint button does nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, same problem."

Unable to access the page in the book for drink to play HOP

[Post New]by Nikraymond on Jun 26, 16 1:52 PM
Does anyone know if there is an issue with accessing the page of the book with the blue drink in the bar. I am unable to obtain so I can make drink to play the HOP.

Any help is appreciated or if it is a Tech Issue.

Thanks

Go to: