OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Has anyone finished the game yet ?

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 6, 10 3:27 PM
Hey there ,,I have 10 min. left on demo , I checked the walkthrough out ..It doesn't look like that long of a game ..please give me your feed/back on the length of the game if anyone has finished ,,Will it get me thru a blizzard ? cause I wont be going anywhere for a couple days ,,Will I get my moneys worth ? Let me know ..Cheers

Re:Has anyone finished the game yet ?

[Post New]by casualcraze on Feb 6, 10 3:38 PM
i haven't finished the game yet. but I've been playing it for a few hours now and only in the middle of mission 4. i looked at the walkthrough and they're saying that there are 7 missions so i think i have a few more hours to go.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Feb 6, 10 3:55 PM
I have just finished the game and it took me about 6-8 hours to play. Cannot say exactly how long as a couple of glitches threw me for a loop- but rest assured the game is lengthy.

Sage103082
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,562 Posts

[Post New]by Sage103082 on Feb 6, 10 9:15 PM
I just finished as well. 6-8 hours is a good gage. Im my opinion it is a decent length game.

mismo55
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mismo55 on Feb 7, 10 3:50 AM
Just finished, an excellent game that lasts for hours,

[Post New]by Fjorddaughter on Feb 7, 10 7:26 AM
I just finished and I enjoyed it immensely! It is a long game with a number of challenges, hidden objects, and an interesting story with a satisfying ending. The story and scenes are macabre but not too macabre. I really felt I got my money's worth! I just downloaded the update and plan to play it again to see if the issue with repeated hidden objects has been fixed.

Edited on 02/07/2010 at 7:27:40 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 7, 10 7:35 AM
Yes - though not without various glitches - definitely worth the money. Love the way you always have a cocktail with you oldbay! I love my wine!!!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 7, 10 8:48 AM
It is a VERY long game! I figured I had about 20-30 minutes left tops after over 3 hours play time. When I was heading to bed at 6:00ish I thought what the heck I'll just finish it up. That was nearly 3 hours ago. Took me longer than Dire Grove, not quite as long as RTR.

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Feb 7, 10 8:57 AM
I don't think it's as long as Dire Grove, and I found it a bit easier, it is long though, just took me about 5 hrs. I really liked it, it was challanging enough to be fun, but not so hard you get frustrated coz you can't do it!!!

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Feb 7, 10 9:23 AM
Yeah, definatelly worth the price. The game is actually fairly long. Took me about 6h-7h. The puzzles are challanging, which is great! I don't like it when i can breeze through the game in a hour or 2. And the cinematic at the end is a really nice treat.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 7, 10 10:13 AM
vicalana wrote:Yes - though not without various glitches - definitely worth the money. Love the way you always have a cocktail with you oldbay! I love my wine!!!
Thanks Guys ! ..I ended up buying it ..I agree with you (ruthiepic ) its not a frustrating game ..so far, not much adventure ..The only thing I don't like about it, is wandering around from place to place ..not knowing where to go or what to do ..But that is OK ..I have got plenty of time ..OH ! (vicalana) I pretend this is my wine ..cause that would be my drink of choice as well.. CHEERS !!

[Post New]by casualcraze on Feb 7, 10 10:16 AM
OLDBAY wrote:
vicalana wrote:Yes - though not without various glitches - definitely worth the money. Love the way you always have a cocktail with you oldbay! I love my wine!!!
Thanks Guys ! ..I ended up buying it ..I agree with you (ruthiepic ) its not a frustrating game ..so far, not much adventure ..The only thing I don't like about it, is wandering around from place to place ..not knowing where to go or what to do ..But that is OK ..I have got plenty of time ..OH ! (vicalana) I pretend this is my wine ..cause that would be my drink of choice as well.. CHEERS !!

try looking at the notebook. that helped me out a lot.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 7, 10 10:24 AM
I keep looking at the map ..i want this game to last as long as i am going to be snowed in ..It could be for a couple more days ..so i am going to take my time ..we are expecting more snow on.(.TUESDAY.)..So please ..Please pull some good ones out of the pond this week....kiss kiss .

try looking at the notebook. that helped me out a lot.

net47
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by net47 on Feb 7, 10 11:32 AM
Great game, finished in about 6 hours, could have been less but getting that key off the pole slowed me down ,that was my " di di di di " moment. So anyone not there yet ,don't try to hook the red rag, place the pole in the middle at the top of the telephone pole.Don' be a di di di di like me.If the hidden object sceens had been different it would've added at least 30min. of game play.

Edited on 02/07/2010 at 11:35:52 AM PST

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Feb 8, 10 2:11 AM
I am in the last chapter and I am stuck between the dungeon and sewer. I can't seem to find my way out back to the street ....I know I probably played scenes out of sequence but that shouldn't have anything to do with changing scenes, right? I found the demon emblem in the sewer which opened the doorway to the dungeon but can't go any further. I am really loving this game, BF...am I just doing something wrong or is this a small glitch? Help, please.....Keep these wonderful spooky games coming, they are great, even with the small glitches!! LOVE THEM! Great Job, Big Fish!!!!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 8, 10 5:29 AM
I haven't got that far ..so I can't help you out ..stay tuned I'm sure someone will come to your rescue soon ..

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Feb 8, 10 6:31 AM
Pickles77 wrote:I am in the last chapter and I am stuck between the dungeon and sewer. I can't seem to find my way out back to the street ....I know I probably played scenes out of sequence but that shouldn't have anything to do with changing scenes, right? I found the demon emblem in the sewer which opened the doorway to the dungeon but can't go any further. I am really loving this game, BF...am I just doing something wrong or is this a small glitch? Help, please.....Keep these wonderful spooky games coming, they are great, even with the small glitches!! LOVE THEM! Great Job, Big Fish!!!!

From the sewer, the only way is up. There is a metal ladder on the middle-left of the screen, near the window which leads out to the street level. hover your mouse courser around that area and you will be able to go up.

Hope that helps

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Feb 8, 10 12:41 PM
I finished the game, it was hard but challenging. I loved it. Good Luck!

You just have to keep traveling around and make sure you do the right things. I checked the walkthrough several times but did most of it on my own.

[Post New]by confused2 on Feb 8, 10 12:46 PM
I am having trouble finding the key to the tower any hints? But I do really like this game I think it is one of the better ones I have played.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 8, 10 2:38 PM
What chapter are you in ?

Go to: