saraherc5
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

People that have NOTHING on their Wish List :O

[Post New]by saraherc5 on Jun 26, 16 5:29 PM
OK people.. I know that some of us "forget" to check our clamshell of "things we have & Things we NEED" aka Wish List..aka WL.
I have done it myself... BUT People ( & i assume Players).. that CONSISTENTLY have NOTHING ON their Wish Lists Confuse & Consternate me.. to NO END!
I do NOT have a Crystal Ball.. Not even Flyin Monkeys..I'm HUMAN & have NO Idea WHAT YOU NEED!! OR what you WANT!
I have quite a few Neighbors that NEVER, EVER Have ANYTHING Up there!
When I "Gift" them using a wild WILD GUESS, I get either NOTHING back OR a REALLY Off the wall Gift ( IF ANYTHING).. PLEASE! NEIGHBORS, FRIENDS, Ladies N Gents! For Pete's SAKE PUT SOMETHING UP THERE!!
Which brings me to my NEXT Point: "VERY HARD TO GET ITEMS".
PLEASE! DO YOURSELF a BIG Favor & INCLUDE OTHER "Needful Things" to quote Stephen King.. PLEASE! Don't just put up 1 VERY Hard to get Blue Candle, Jewelry Box, Baseball bat lookin thingy, etc.. ADD some things so us regular Folks can GIFT YOU!
The "Lever" for instance.. I just reached level 501(this am).. & I have seen Probably 4 in the whole time I have Played Rooms of Memory online. Same with that Blue Candle.. So PLEASE! ( I am Saying This VERY Kindly & Respectfully) PUT something "Regular" UP THERE PLEASE! I can't GIFT you something I do NOT have & I CANNOT Gift you ANYTHING that will Help You If your Wish List is BLANK! Soo LOTS of GOOD Luck to ALL

Re:People that have NOTHING on their Wish List :O

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Jun 26, 16 6:25 PM
Congratulations on 501

lovesnf
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by lovesnf on Jun 27, 16 12:14 AM
Somewhere here on the forums I have read that having an empty wish list is a way of asking for Flints and Ores (Silicon Flints and Thorium Ore) because there isn't any way to put them on the wish list if you run out. So, that's what I usually send to players with empty wish lists.

But more importantly, I wouldn't stress out over it. If they never have anything on their wish list then they probably don't need anything. If they only occasionally have an empty wish list then they probably just forgot to fill it up. I do that all the time. I prefer to get the common practical charges when that happens but, I figure, whatever I get, I'm bound to use it eventually.

If your neighbors aren't gifting you regularly or are gifting you useless things (like the Musketeer's Hat) then delete their butts and get a new neighbor who will appreciate you and show it by sending you nice, useful gifts. Ba bye! I do give new players a break, however. It takes a while to figure things out.

Remember the 1st rule of Games of Memory: You are here to enjoy yourself!

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Jun 27, 16 3:25 AM
lovesnf wrote:Somewhere here on the forums I have read that having an empty wish list is a way of asking for Flints and Ores (Silicon Flints and Thorium Ore) because there isn't any way to put them on the wish list if you run out.
[...]
Remember the 1st rule of Games of Memory: You are here to enjoy yourself!

Flints and ores is a good one, especially for people at lower levels who don't have a lot of coin to spend.

I tend to randomize the free gifts by rotating through the basic charges. I also recently started gifting the objects that don't show on the list and appear as swirls. Those are charges for new events we haven't seen before. So it helps my neighbours prepare in advance.

I don't expect my neighbours to keep track of things I like. If I have nothing on the list, surprise me! I sometimes have neighbours who surprise me even when there is something on the list. I'm not particularly stressed about getting a musketeer hat. Some players never read the forum and have less understanding of how the game works. It doesn't hurt me to have them in the hood.

anna9lviv
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by anna9lviv on Jun 27, 16 7:00 AM
Oh, dear saraherc5, give me high 5. I am so with you in this.

I never really bothered about it until I met a player whose demand was to get gifts daily, but as she had nothing on her wishlist, I gave her nothing. I gift daily looking carefully through wishlists of my neighbors, and even after that I send the number of free charges that were left. But the problem is that I usually have about 150-200 neighbors and not everyone can get a good charge from me. So that's why she was left neglected and eventually deleted me.

I never thought that someone can really need Thorium Ore or Silicon Flint. That would be a wayout if these weren't limited too(( I've just looked.

So I still have lots of people in my neighborhood without presents from me. That bites me, but I don't see any solution to this.

By the way, dear saraherc5, if you have always regular charges on your wishlist, I'd be happy to have you as a neighbor. My friend code is FTYe3h.

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Jun 27, 16 8:26 AM
I've given up second-guessing what someone would like if they have nothing on their wish list. It gives me more room to gift those who do. And I've also deleted a lot of neighbors who don't gift back - who I would gift regularly. I like to keep my list close to 100. And I gift from everyone's wish list. If I get more neighbor requests, I usually accept and see how it goes for a while. I am very lenient on the newbies. I myself did not know that we could gift up to 100 of the items over neighbor icons with the 00 for free every day until someone told me. I do in-game emails sometimes to let newbies know this, just as someone did that for me a ways back. I also sometimes let them know via in-game email about this forum.

If there is anyone on my list who does not have a wish list and needs anything that I can send otherwise - all they need do is in-game email me and I will send whatever it is along, if I can. There are not only items that are very hard to get, but ones we can't gift at all. It takes time to learn this. I also let my newbies know if they items on their list are scarce sometimes. It will free up their spaces for things that they could get so much easier.

I've noticed that those who still have low level scores for the game are the ones who play a lot of competitions, too. They are more interested in that aspect of the game than in getting gifts and making artifacts. That's why I don't bother with anyone who doesn't have a wish list or someone who has only the scarce items. They're really not all that interested in the artifact game play, just in the competitions.

It all works out. There is something for everyone here. Me, I try to do both!

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Jun 27, 16 8:44 AM
Lots of thoughtful comments here. I'll just add my 2 cents worth.

I, too, wish people would request items I can give as freebies or have as extra backpack items. Let's face it it feels good to help a neighbor. No one wants to always be on the receiving end of generosity. But, I've forced myself not to worry about the ones that don't. I go thru my gifting once giving people what they requested, if possible. Then I go back to the start and find the first person that didn't request a gift and select an item from a list of 10 charges I rotate through. Then I just go through and click on everyone still left in the gift box window. This includes people who are sleeping, and people that already got a backpack item. That last go thru takes 20/30 stress free seconds. BTW for good neighbors, expedition participants, and low level players I do occasionally look for a bonus gift(s) or a backpack item needed to create artifacts for energy.

My neighborhood is at 87. Everyone gets 1 or more gifts every day barring unforeseen circumstances. I do make allowances for low level players and send an in game message if they are requesting truly scarce items (clover, zebra) so they may free space in their wish list.

As for the ones who don't gift back frequently or are always sleeping then do as @lovesnf says, "If your neighbors aren't gifting you regularly . . . . . then delete their butts and get a new neighbor who will appreciate you and show it by sending you nice, useful gifts."

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Jun 27, 16 8:50 AM
By the way - I gift daily, so if you want to add me to your neighbor list, my code is 9yK3NZ. (I'm glad I wrote that one down. It's not an easy one to remember!)

kdsmith5cs16
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by kdsmith5cs16 on Jun 27, 16 10:02 AM
Personally, if there's nothing on my wish list, it's because there's nothing I want and I'm totally okay if my neighbors don't gift me anything at that time. If they choose to gift me something at random, that's great too. But an empty wishlist is my way of saying that I have no expectation and I'm cool with anything or nothing. I wouldn't stress too much about neighbors that have no list- it's your game, play it the way you want to. Most players of game are so nice that they'll be happy with whatever you guess they want.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Jun 27, 16 10:52 AM
I also keep my neighborhood at less than 100. That way everyone gets a gift from me. Most of the time my WL is empty because I have thousands of charges and my great neighbors still send a gift. If theirs is empty I pick a random charge that we always need and send it. I also help the lower level players with backpack items. I never put these items on my WL because at my level I can find it or buy it myself.
It's your game and play it as you wish.

jaid_diah
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by jaid_diah on Jun 27, 16 1:58 PM
I go thru my neighbors and gift what they have on their lists. Those who don't have a wish list, I gift Nutritious Dew, so they can feed the unicorn/dryad/tree and get the necessary for the Hobbit Hut.

Because I have more than 100 neighbors, I'll rotate, starting at high levels one day and then at the lower levels the next. That way, I try to gift everyone more than twice a week.

cgiestela
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by cgiestela on Jun 27, 16 4:16 PM
I usually have nothing on my wish list, and that is because I usually have enough charges (I dont play that much, so I usually have enough). Especially at the beginning I didn't have anything on my list and I was really hoping for flints, to finish my mill. Only too late I figured I could have sent a msg to my neighbours asking for them.
So now, I gift from wish lists, and when I finish, I mass gift ores or flints. I have less than 100, so everybody gets something.
I dont mind if I dont get anything when my wish list is empty, I like my neighbours who still give me something, and I kind of resent the neighbours who get a daily gift and in the rare occasions when I put something easy on my WL they still wont gift me. I just try to think that they still help me feeding my dragons in the dragon mazes...

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Jun 27, 16 4:49 PM
jaid_diah wrote:[...]Those who don't have a wish list, I gift Nutritious Dew, so they can feed the unicorn/dryad/tree and get the necessary for the Hobbit Hut.[...]

Nutritious Dew is one of those things that you will only ever need at very low level I have over 8000 of them and will never run out. Along with Musketeer Hats, of which I have over 300.

jaid_diah
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by jaid_diah on Jun 27, 16 5:08 PM
afspam wrote:
jaid_diah wrote:[...]Those who don't have a wish list, I gift Nutritious Dew, so they can feed the unicorn/dryad/tree and get the necessary for the Hobbit Hut.[...]

Nutritious Dew is one of those things that you will only ever need at very low level I have over 8000 of them and will never run out. Along with Musketeer Hats, of which I have over 300.

I suppose so. But judging by the amount of folks at the higher levels on my list who ask for runes , I'm thinking that not as many people play the rune maze as you would think.

(BTW....WHY. WHY would anyone ask for runes? After you complete one Mayan Pyramid, there's absolutely no use for another one and runes are so easy to pick up...)

lovesnf
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by lovesnf on Jun 27, 16 6:20 PM
jaid_diah wrote:I suppose so. But judging by the amount of folks at the higher levels on my list who ask for runes , I'm thinking that not as many people play the rune maze as you would think.

(BTW....WHY. WHY would anyone ask for runes? After you complete one Mayan Pyramid, there's absolutely no use for another one and runes are so easy to pick up...)

I think people ask for runes for two reasons. 1) If they are still new players, it can take a long time to get all the runes they need to complete the Mayan Pyramid and 2) Once the pyramid has been completed, assembling the Voodoo artifacts is a good way to acquire coins and experience. Most players wind up with a lot of some runes but very few of others so they request the runes they need to complete an artifact.

Also, as I'm sure you know, Nutritious Dew is abundantly available from the brown chest in the Mayan runes maze. Virtually every player winds up with 1000s of them quite quickly. There are so many more useful charges. Almost any charge is more useful than Nutritious Dew.

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Jun 28, 16 1:49 AM
When there are items, related to an actual event on a WL, I think they are priority for my neighbour. I gift those, in case I have more than I need for myself or in case they are available via the 'Select a Gift' tab.

Those neighbours with an empty WL receive an item related to an actual event, if available via the 'Select a Gift' tab.

I act the same way with sleepers.

Happy gifting
Sir Vival

saraherc5
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by saraherc5 on Jun 28, 16 6:33 AM
I Certainly Gift the low level players IF I have "Extras" of the Rare Item they are wanting & Yes, send Nutritious dew to them.. I am talking about Level 90 & Up. ( I Imagine they have VAST quantities of it & Thorium ore also) I know I do.. & yes, I have red mail boxed em , lettin them know their WL is MT. OR that what ONE Rare item they are asking for is darn near Impossible to get.. ******UNLESS: you run an " Increase % of finding an object" Gadget AND " Increase game play" Gadget @ the same time.******
I Hate to do that cause while I do GET "Needful Things".. I spend those Gadgets & then find I NEED them on an expedition/ quest. Gah!
A LOT of Upper level Players either keep the same stuff up on WL or NOTHING @ ALL.. I feel it's FUN to Gift someone.. a LOT of FUN.. By nature I'm a Pretty generous person.. THAT is why I get frustrated when there is NOTHING ON these ppls WL.
& with Very Upper Lev. players I feel it would insult them to get Thorium ore or Refreshing dew or a silicon Flint.. ( sigh) ANYWAY.. have Vented & "Put it out there".. make of it what you will.. been on this game for 2 yrs + now.. Happy Hunting.!

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Jun 28, 16 7:55 AM
jaid_diah wrote:

They may be completing the Mayan rune artifacts for 200+ pts energy points and 2000+ gold for each one - Voodoo Breech Cloth, Voodoo Sandals, Voodoo Mask, Voodoo Stick (LOL), and Voodoo Necklace.

[Post New]by Trucker1979 on Jun 28, 16 9:04 AM
Vulcaness wrote:

They may be completing the Mayan rune artifacts for 200+ pts energy points and 2000+ gold for each one - Voodoo Breech Cloth, Voodoo Sandals, Voodoo Mask, Voodoo Stick (LOL), and Voodoo Necklace.

For two of the items they are 200/2000, the others are 2 for 260/2600 and one is 280/2800, great experience boosters and the gold is also sweet! Good thing there is no side quest or event that requires these items as well so one can assemble away as much as possible.

I pass those items as requested, I just give one of each or what they are asking, per day, so as not to 'overload' them. Have been forgoing for some months on the bronze (lower left) chest for a time, so am less than 50, 40 or 30 for the stones to Voodoo Mask but have more than 20 which is plenty to gift out.

Ditto on anything if I have nothing on my wl for charges, event charges are best option with me.

[Post New]by buggaboozoo on Jun 28, 16 11:38 AM
kdsmith5cs16 wrote:Personally, if there's nothing on my wish list, it's because there's nothing I want and I'm totally okay if my neighbors don't gift me anything at that time. If they choose to gift me something at random, that's great too. But an empty wishlist is my way of saying that I have no expectation and I'm cool with anything or nothing. I wouldn't stress too much about neighbors that have no list- it's your game, play it the way you want to. Most players of game are so nice that they'll be happy with whatever you guess they want.

This is my perspective too. I don't assemble artifacts, so I tend to share anything I have multiples of. Because I can and want to, nothing expected in return. Flaw or not, I don't gift empty wishlists, as I don't expect you to do mine.

But!! for those who take the time, please know your kindness is appreciated and I try to repay in extra dragon feedings during expeditions

Go to: