Re:I detest games with no skip or help features

[Post New]by sheilanuttell on Feb 4, 11 7:17 AM
I DIDNT REALISE THIS GAME DIDNT HAVE A SKIP BUTTON WILL NOT BUY ANY MORE GAMES WITH OUT A SKIP

[Post New]by sheilanuttell on Feb 4, 11 7:20 AM
I ALWAYS THOUGTH WHEN YOU PAID FOR SOMETHING IT BELONGED TO YOU

ldeachus
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ldeachus on Feb 7, 11 3:45 PM
how irritating...without the skip option - this game gets jettisoned.

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Feb 18, 11 5:21 PM
I can't stand games that don't have a Skip option! I find alot of puzzles in HOG quite challenging and almost impossible so for me if i buy a game it has to have the Skip option.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Feb 19, 11 4:51 PM
DITTO,,Deleted,,,I need help sometimes but nothing here! A walkthrough might help,,,I,ll wait a few days to see if one shows up..

LaniKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by LaniKat on Feb 26, 11 4:09 PM
I do hope developers read these comments. This particular game, there are no hints or skips and some of the objects are very hard to find and puzzles a bit confusing. Though I managed to figure them out, it is not without a certain amount of frustration and looking for help.

In particular, I am no good with "Simon Says" puzzles and would like to skip them, as well as ones that even when figured out, require just a lot of time to complete.

Obviously, some people love the challenge, but others are more casual players who are looking for story content and interesting (but not frustrating) game play.

pollyuk2
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by pollyuk2 on May 13, 11 7:59 AM
Yeah, would like skips, but as for the walkthrough not existing on THIS site, you can usually find one if you search for one. I've got one for this game although I'm still having a bit of trouble with one thing.............guess I'd better start a new forum post!!

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on May 27, 11 11:26 PM
I made it to level 18 and it was a real struggle getting there. i can't be bothered finishing the game. And BFG doesn't have a walkthrough either, i had to go to Gamezebo. Probably won't download anymore in the series.

chick52
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by chick52 on May 27, 11 11:52 PM
No buy for me if it doesn't have a skip button

homesong
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by homesong on Jul 6, 11 4:44 PM
Rather than looking for a skip, why not just go to the Universal Hint System (UHS) at
[removed by moderator]
and get the solution.
It won't spoil the rest of the game, but will help you move on.

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 5:00:57 PM PST

Tevele
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Tevele on Sep 25, 11 5:51 PM
I totally agree. The first I played I didn't like all of, because it was wayyyyyy too hard in certain places (like copying certain designs precisely, not just one but four of them!) and without either hints or a walkthrough, I'm now stuck in the eternal maze's 2nd scene. I mean, stuck. I can't do it. Problems which get in the way of following the story make me forget the story and therefore abandon the game, unless the game pieces themselves are fun.

I think they'll probably be selling a walkthrough in awhile. Have you noticed more and more games have a subsequent walkthrough, costing $$$? I'm wondering if they make it so hard sometimes so they'll have a market for the walkthrough. Otherwise, why not include it, or at least well-developed help advice, with the game?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 8, 12 1:43 AM
Illll wrote:Actually, it's not your game. You own a license to play the game, which can be revoked at any time and require you to remove the game from your computer.

Actually, it is your game when you buy from BFG (Game Manager clearly says 'you own this game'). Only games that require a code to activate them could in theory be classed as not 'owned'. Since no game on this site asks for a license code, once you buy from here, you own the game.

Other sites may differ, of course.

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by hyperbole on Feb 8, 12 1:06 PM
angelfish106 wrote:
Illll wrote:Actually, it's not your game. You own a license to play the game, which can be revoked at any time and require you to remove the game from your computer.

Actually, it is your game when you buy from BFG (Game Manager clearly says 'you own this game'). Only games that require a code to activate them could in theory be classed as not 'owned'. Since no game on this site asks for a license code, once you buy from here, you own the game.

Other sites may differ, of course.

From BFG's End-User License Agreement:

Termination. Without prejudice to any other rights, Big Fish Games may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the SOFTWARE and all component parts.

The full Agreement can be found here: http://www.bigfishgames.com/company/gm_eula.html

[Post New]by sandyone10 on Feb 8, 12 4:07 PM
I agree, without skip feature, i can do without that game. I feel cheated.

[Post New]by Emerald01 on Feb 10, 12 8:59 AM
How do you know when you purchase the game, without trying it, that it has no skip or help features. I too am jettisoning this game having got stuck on a puzzle very near the start of the game.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Feb 10, 12 4:26 PM
Agreed.
I love the Dream Chronicle series - the scenes are beautiful, the storylines are interesting and the puzzles generally are quite a challenge without being impossible. But this one? I am killing my eyes trying to find microscopic items and having to return to well-searched scenes to scour them once, twice and thrice more as needed objects reappear as new puzzles emerge. This is annoying, but tolerable.
What I cannot fathom, however, is why there is no skip button for minigames that may very well be absolutely impossible to complete due to vision and motorskills issues. I expect this in a time-management game, not an adventure HOG! I am physically unable to play the Simon Sez version of the chess game - my eyes and fingers no longer work that quickly.
AND I CANNOT GO ANY %*#@&* FURTHER IN MY GAME!!!!! I almost never use skip buttons, but they need to be there for times when you cannot advance without help. What on Earth were they thinking when they left this out?

So now what? Delete the game I was enjoying and be P O'd? I am soooooo disappointed.....

Go to: