Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Object: Home Makeover 2 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 27, 16 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/27/2016 at 5:11:36 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Object: Home Makeover 2 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 27, 16 5:11 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Object: Home Makeover 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Object: Home Makeover 2.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jun 27, 16 12:54 PM
Addictive fun

The story: Your uncle's house has been abandoned for years and the mayor is about to take over unless you can fix it up and find the title in time. To raise money you have "sales" by finding objects that customers request. The cash raised is used to buy wildly overpriced furni$hing$ like $400 daisies.

This is similar to the Gardenscapes series but it has a little less charm. You can play in arcade mode (timed) or relaxed. During the trial, play was either hidden object or match three. The match-3 levels were basic and optional. Hidden object scenes vary from picture, scrambled words, silhouette, one-at-a-time, and find X number of an object. There are 15 rooms and each has a hidden key and round symbol (I forgot what it was called).

The play can be a little challenging as some objects are well hidden (i.e. black on black) and others are quite small. Also, while you do replay scenes, the object positions change for added difficulty. To get a better view, you can use your mouse wheel to zoom in and scroll in any direction.

Fun game for hidden object addicts.

ETA: after purchasing with a PCC, I've noticed the game identifies a saxophone as a trumpet.

Edited on 06/27/2016 at 6:17:28 PM PST

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 27, 16 2:58 PM
A click penalty, no volume control on music (either on or off, period), and a limited number of moves on some M3 boards (even on relaxed play) added up to a No Purchase for me!

I'd rather just replay Gardenscapes.

As always, try it for yourself to see if it is compatible with your OS and what you expect from a game!

Happy Gaming to those who find it enjoyable.

BK

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Jun 27, 16 3:37 PM
I played 30 minutes of the demo. I got to the level where you have to find however many squirrels. I found all but one, the hint would not work and I could not proceed any further. I exited, went to the forums to see if anyone else had a suggestion, but nothing. I restarted the game and it would not load. Not sure if this is a technical problem, but no way would I buy this game.

Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 1319 on Jun 28, 16 9:37 AM
wish someone would come out with a sequel to gardenscapes mansion makeover. the decor was so much better. i started this and saw that my flooring option were blue, orange or red carpet and knew that i was done--not wasting my time on something that is not fun to decorate

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Jun 29, 16 10:31 AM
I must have been really, really bored to buy this game. Decor options are dreadful, the match game that comes up about every three scenes is boring and repetitive, the hidden objects are ridiculous - a $36 spider? The silhouetted items are often impossible to discern (a round object anyone?), and the one with a time limit to find one item is just impossible. Bought it, wish I hadn't. Probably won't even finish it.

Larissa_Jane
Flounder
Flounder
2,273 Posts

[Post New]by Larissa_Jane on Jun 30, 16 4:52 PM
what to do with the 'winter wear' screen?
no instructions (as far as I could see) and limited moves which I wasted in an M3 game.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jul 1, 16 3:35 PM
It's a fun game and I kind of like it, but the decor is totally tasteless. Ugly and tacky and completely out of date. When they design these games they should hire an interior decorator to do that part.

Susanna2
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Susanna2 on Jul 3, 16 4:37 AM
mtvoyager wrote:It's a fun game and I kind of like it, but the decor is totally tasteless. Ugly and tacky and completely out of date. When they design these games they should hire an interior decorator to do that part.

The same here! I had to stop when I could chose which kind of stuffed animal I had to lay on the floor. I think about getting a repayment of BigFish.....
You simply CAN'T do this anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love decorating games. But the ones who chose the furniture should be forced to live in it.......

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Jul 5, 16 9:23 AM
To me, I found this game eyestraining.
Agree with the decor (now...that was eyestraining)lol
Usualy I like this kind of games-to play inbetween, but unfortunately not this one.

Have fun

[Post New]by dragonbrood on Jul 18, 16 1:43 AM
Agreed about using animal skin rugs, stopped playing because there was no alternative, no going any further in this game unless you chose an animal skin rug or stop playing. I chose to stop playing. Prefer to see animal skins on animals still living, won't buy any more makeover games.

JadedBlonde
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by JadedBlonde on Jul 30, 16 8:29 PM
You guys crack me up with your reviews sometimes; thanks

I loved Gardenscapes and Mansion Makeover so jumped at the demo of this, hoping it'd be more of the same since I'm really Hidden-Objected out lately.

I played about 4 minutes of this game and deleted it, and really, even to spend a PCC on things I'm not too choosy since I have many expiring for lack of spending them.

I didn't get as far as having to buy an animal rug for my room but what really rubbed me the wrong way, right off, was the "Fun Fact" I got after playing a round that told me how most people die in the winter of cold related incidents by freezing to death in autos, not dropping dead in the snow while shoveling as one might assume. Real fun fact there.

I found the graphics blurry to the point that I didn't even know what some of the objects were that I was looking for. I had the sounds on at first but quickly tired of the escalating and annoying high pitched tone that went up and up and up as I clicked on things. The hurried story line of "Hey, my relative died and I showed up to claim the house that's in disrepair so let's sell stuff!" is a big Zzzzzzz. (You have a house and I don't so I'm having trouble working up sympathy here)

As BearKat said - I'll just go replay Gardenscapes since that's all I kept thinking about the 4 minutes I was playing this game.

Edited on 07/30/2016 at 8:29:44 PM PST

[Post New]by momsy75 on Jan 15, 17 11:22 PM
I enjoy the HomeMaker games. However, I wish the developers would pay more attention to the music. This one is atrocious.

Go to: