Number Wheel

[Post New]by Tidoubleguherr on Feb 6, 10 7:35 PM
What is the solution? I've been working at it for a month and can not solve the puzzle? Is there an update that has a skip for this unsolvable mini game?

Chaorite
Clownfish
Clownfish
940 Posts

Re:Number Wheel

[Post New]by Chaorite on Feb 7, 10 11:43 AM
I'm not sure if the wheel changes from game to game but I can tell you how I solved it.

First pick out two numbers that add up to something a bit obvious - say 10 + 9 = 19. Then look at the two next to that and add those to find that total. If you can find a 19 on the next wheel in with the same second total next to it, then it's likely you've found your first wheel in.

Let me see if I can make it clearer - if you had numbers 8 9 10 11 12 in a row and you added 10 + 9 to make 19, set your inner wheel to that and see if the next number along is 23. If it's not then look to see if there's a second 19 on that wheel. If so, try it.

If that doesn't work then you know you have the wrong set so instead of trying 8 + 9 (17) on the wheel with a 21 beside it. You'd be pretty sure to find one. You don't have to add ALL the numbers, just pick a fairly obvious set and find out if your starting point is number 1 or 2 in your your chosen set. It has to be one or the other because the wheel is adding two numbers to make one.

Do the same with each wheel. The last wheel (the inner one) is the easiest. Just keep turning it til you hit paydirt. It'll take no more than four turns for that one.

The good news is that the further in you go, the easier it gets.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Nov 28, 10 6:00 PM
Chaorite wrote:I'm not sure if the wheel changes from game to game but I can tell you how I solved it.

First pick out two numbers that add up to something a bit obvious - say 10 + 9 = 19. Then look at the two next to that and add those to find that total. If you can find a 19 on the next wheel in with the same second total next to it, then it's likely you've found your first wheel in.

Let me see if I can make it clearer - if you had numbers 8 9 10 11 12 in a row and you added 10 + 9 to make 19, set your inner wheel to that and see if the next number along is 23. If it's not then look to see if there's a second 19 on that wheel. If so, try it.

If that doesn't work then you know you have the wrong set so instead of trying 8 + 9 (17) on the wheel with a 21 beside it. You'd be pretty sure to find one. You don't have to add ALL the numbers, just pick a fairly obvious set and find out if your starting point is number 1 or 2 in your your chosen set. It has to be one or the other because the wheel is adding two numbers to make one.

Do the same with each wheel. The last wheel (the inner one) is the easiest. Just keep turning it til you hit paydirt. It'll take no more than four turns for that one.

The good news is that the further in you go, the easier it gets.

If you ever come back Chaorite, thank you for this explanation. The directions in the game for this were not clear and I was trying to add all the number outside of the inner circle which was a nightmare. I tried it your way and and it worked easily. Once again - thanks a bunch!

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Dec 26, 10 10:20 PM
Good explanation but I still don't get it...wish there was a video to go by...
I want to just quit....kinda.

-lunachan

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Feb 12, 11 12:35 PM
once I figured it out I had no trouble solving it.

[Post New]by phoenixsong on May 6, 11 10:31 AM
I too am very frustrated with this one. I'll have to try this way. Not sure I'm understanding though. I was working from the inner numbers outward and could get the numbers to line up perfectly except the outermost wasn't adding up properly.

[Post New]by Tidoubleguherr on Oct 28, 11 7:16 PM
I have had this game for nearly a year and a half and still am unable to get past this puzzle. I can't get but one 19 suggested and nothing else matches. I'm no good at math puzzles to start with, but this is absolutely the worst. Not even a skip or hint. How do I ever get past this??

sandy7395
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by sandy7395 on Mar 11, 12 5:23 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I didn't understand your directions until I wrote them down and followed step by step. I was so frustrated. I will not buy a game without skip buttons in the future.

dogcatmom
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by dogcatmom on Jan 12, 13 12:50 PM
I guess people (at least me!) are still having problems with this stupid puzzle. I wasn't a fan of math when I was in school, which was over 20 years ago, so it just seems like a PITA to me. I can't believe there is no skip, even after going through the timer 3 times! I will try the solution here, thanks so much for an idea on how to solve this bear of a puzzle.

[Post New]by Aussie_Mate on Feb 14, 13 9:08 AM
Wow, Chaorite, you are a genius, and a godsend to many of us who were ready to commit hari-kari (hara-kiri) trying to solve this puzzle. As one other respondent indicated, if I went purely by the so-called directions in the game, I never would have solved the puzzle. But once my little "pea-brain" understood your directions, it took about 2 minutes to reach the solution. Yes, yes, yes! ! ! Thank you so much for saving my sanity!

Go to: