cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Too much random ckicking?

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 6, 10 7:46 PM
Shoelesshs - "Clicking penalty: None. In most cases, you are encouraged to randomly click to find hidden items."

Only played 30 min. but by the time I ended out my whole arm hurt. Is this game more and more mindless clicking? I clicked to move things and they moved befor There was anything I needed, so I clicked to move them back out of the way. I clicked for several min. to crack an egg, over and over. It is a cute game but not worth being in pain for the next 2 days. Parents and all young players (I think the older ones already feel my pain , ha,ha) should know that repetative clicking, mussle, joint and nerve strain lead to the kind of problems that I and many others now live with day to day. Years ago, I started out on arcade games, the kings of pressure clicking. This game could have been made without it. Just be careful what you play. Your body will not always be forgiving. If you feel the strain, don't doubt that it IS doing damage. Take care.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

Re:Too much random ckicking?

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 7, 10 2:15 AM
Actually after he gets out of the egg there is not too much clicking except to find items I also have to watch my wrist an oldie also and used computers and typwriters for the past 40years so know what you mean, But it must be the kid in me, this game had me in tears with laughter real "feel good" game there is also option to skip in some of the games, I am no good at arcade type.

Cheers
lineck

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Feb 7, 10 2:46 AM
I'm in the "watch out for this one" group! Could damage your health. I wanted to like this game, in such a mood for lighthearted fun. Half way thru the demo I was getting bored with clicking, yeh, moving things, then still not finding go back and click move again and there's a tiny flea, thought maybe I just didn't see the first time. I was using hints like crazy ready to quit. Not my wrist (altho I do have some tendonitis there comes and goes) but OMG felt like a nail went thru the top of my hand and hit a nerve. Why I kept going I dunno, hoping to get out of there and see where it goes. The silly voice getting on my nerves by then didn't even want to read the story.

But hey, free for one hour got to get my unmoney's worth. I did finally crack thru but got hints to find the last 2 cracks cuz I couldn't click on. Exited with one minute left. After wasting 59 minutes on that torture trap my hand was paralyzed, just enough strength to hit the trash can last click and gasp.

The tear rolling down my cheek was not from laughing.

There's other ihog adventures that are find the pixels not the objects. I don't mind a drawer or door to open but gosh darn it give me a sparkle. Besides, the battery in my cordless mouse isn't rechargeable kind and I'm out of AAs. It's in the infirmary too. and I regressed to my old corded.

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Feb 7, 10 6:55 AM
You are so right, cll1950! Not only did I find this game painful but painfully boring too.

I played some of the demo in two rounds since some people had been enthusiastic about it, but enough was enough.

I am now on disability because of a hand/arm/shoulder condition. I lost my job and every hobby I ever loved. These things can be serious.

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.--Catherine Aird

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Feb 7, 10 11:25 AM
I have to agree too much clicking too bad,cute,funny game. I have nerve damage in my right arm so it gets painful clicking so much,this is a no buy for me even at 2.99. Not saying I wont play it at all,if it comes to a free site I might play in small spurts as it is funny and I would like to see the end,but can't see myself replaying it.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 7, 10 4:48 PM
Watch out for those grandkids too. They don't heed to lay a basis for future hand problems.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 8, 10 3:58 AM
This game to me is a lot like Anka. Once you get past the trial its a really good game. lots of ways to find things.riddle form, hog list, put 2 things together, find things for different charectors, and most items fit the story. good puzzles, good story laugh out loud in some areas, very different. the random clicking is just in the egg part at the begining. its very long, around 10 hours. looks like a kids game but very enjoyable for us to. i have never wrote a review b4 but i did for this game at gz

Go to: