bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

New version of Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera available now

[Post New]by bfgErie on Feb 6, 10 8:18 PM
We now have a new version of Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera available now. This new version of the game corrects the error with the spider web bug.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. Here's how to install the new version of the game:
Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC game.
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game's executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:New version of Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera available now

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 7, 10 1:19 AM
So... the update available from the Game Manager doesn't work? I'm just wondering why you are saying the steps indicated rather than just doing the update from the Game Manager for which I had a prompt when I launched it just now?

juttertje
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by juttertje on Feb 7, 10 2:27 AM
thank you so much for your help BF. I appreciate it very much.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 7, 10 2:31 AM
Thanks Erie!!

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Feb 7, 10 5:12 AM
Poodlebear wrote:So... the update available from the Game Manager doesn't work? I'm just wondering why you are saying the steps indicated rather than just doing the update from the Game Manager for which I had a prompt when I launched it just now?

I just clicked on the update. Are you saying we still need to uninstall/reinstall? Also, I had a glitch with the game that hasn't been addressed by anyone else, as far as I can see.
I try clicking on an object in the butcher shop, a piece needed to proceed. Instead of picking up item, my cursor changes to arrow to leave scene.
Anyone else?

ETA, never mind about object in butcher's shop. Must be an item.

Edited on 02/07/2010 at 5:21:37 AM PST

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Feb 7, 10 5:33 AM
I asked elsewhere and was ignored.

DOES THIS NEW BUILD FIX THE SAVE PROBLEM, OR NOT?

mumsyb
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mumsyb on Feb 7, 10 5:48 AM
I can't get the sheperd crook to work, Ikeepgetting told to find something to knock the key down with

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 7, 10 6:02 AM
It will work eventually - that happened to me too!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Feb 7, 10 6:16 AM
And there are still problems - I had a terrible time trying to finish - had to uninstall and reinstall AGAIN. I decided to skip the final puzzle but it went beserk and I had to go back out of the scene and come back in again to try again. Also the statue - considering how much hand-holding the notebook gave (and I needed it and much appreciated the map!) whenever I was looking at the statue, it just said about the poker signs - nothing about putting the eyes in and getting the heart key. That's why I had to check the walkthrough and then when I returned I kept getting the macromedia message. All very odd.

[Post New]by soliderboy37211 on Feb 7, 10 6:18 AM
kelvy0303 wrote:
Poodlebear wrote:So... the update available from the Game Manager doesn't work? I'm just wondering why you are saying the steps indicated rather than just doing the update from the Game Manager for which I had a prompt when I launched it just now?

I just clicked on the update. Are you saying we still need to uninstall/reinstall? Also, I had a glitch with the game that hasn't been addressed by anyone else, as far as I can see.
I try clicking on an object in the butcher shop, a piece needed to proceed. Instead of picking up item, my cursor changes to arrow to leave scene.
Anyone else?

ETA, never mind about object in butcher's shop. Must be an item.

[Post New]by soliderboy37211 on Feb 7, 10 6:20 AM
I updated 1st-no fix then i went to uninstall and redownload and still nothing!! i'm getting very fustrated!!

[Post New]by naivelysweet on Feb 7, 10 6:25 AM
Please provide a fix for the shepard's staff. . . I've tried about 30 times and can't get it drop the goal object. This is really frustrating.

barbyhart1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

cant play in windows 7 -- very bummed

[Post New]by barbyhart1 on Feb 7, 10 6:43 AM
Any plan to address windows 7?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 7, 10 8:51 AM
naivelysweet wrote:Please provide a fix for the Shepard's staff. . . I've tried about 30 times and can't get it drop the goal object. This is really frustrating.

Click to the right of the sparklies, more on the wires, not so much at the insulator area at the top of the pole. Once I moved my cursor it worked forst time.

[Post New]by ham6848burg on Feb 7, 10 9:18 AM
the game was running very well before. Now I startet the update. I got the info to download the newest flash. I did. Now the compuper is asking me every time to install the new flash ( what i did before) and the game is not starting anymore.

Not good

I enjoied the game and thought to buy it.

But now.........no thank you

ham

[Post New]by casualcraze on Feb 7, 10 9:23 AM
ham6848burg wrote:the game was running very well before. Now I startet the update. I got the info to download the newest flash. I did. Now the compuper is asking me every time to install the new flash ( what i did before) and the game is not starting anymore.

Not good

I enjoied the game and thought to buy it.

But now.........no thank you

ham

make sure you're using internet explorer to download flash. any other browser (firefox, safari) just downloads the plug-in which is not the same.

[Post New]by acbjrb44 on Feb 7, 10 9:31 AM
have uninstalled and installed 3 times now and it is still not fixed. What now.

[Post New]by cynergy00 on Feb 7, 10 10:14 AM
I am stuck with a glitch. I updated to the new version, but I am still stuck. I gave the angel in the church the cross and the green marble appeared. I clicked on it, it disappeared and is not in my inventory. I cannot progress now. Very frustrating. please help.

jmsjws
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by jmsjws on Feb 7, 10 11:47 AM
I['m in the burned out house looking for the rubies,mouse, found mouse, crossed off, one ruby left to find, mouse still in the hole in floor of porch, hint goes to mouse. All I need to find is the ruby but can't do anything but go to mouse which is already found. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Have uninstalled, reinstalled still same thing.
UPDATE: I left the game for several hours, went back and it is working now. Glad of that, just hope it continues to do so.

Edited on 02/07/2010 at 6:06:11 PM PST

[Post New]by hollyd39 on Feb 7, 10 1:14 PM
I was having trouble with the spider glitch. I uninstalled and re-installed the game as directed, but now my electrical room is completely blacked out.

Go to: