"Night mode" has to go away!!!

[Post New]by skraft1 on Jun 27, 16 8:02 PM
Seriously, it's horrible! Does anybody else have similar feelings???

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

Re:"Night mode" has to go away!!!

[Post New]by norry6 on Jun 28, 16 1:59 AM
Welcome to the Forum skraft1.

You are not alone. There have been lots of complaints

If you read through you will find plenty of posts on the subject. Some people are so badly affected they are having to stop playing. Ii's not just they don't like it but it causes them physical pain

Luckily the mods are looking into and our comments are being passed on so hopefully something will be done. I doubt it will go altogether but hopefully a free way of turning it off or skipping will be added. Fingers crossed.

Llamamama15
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Llamamama15 on Jun 28, 16 9:36 AM
I think it should go off altogether when the top achievement has been reached with the option of turning it off earlier for those who are having problems withit.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 28, 16 10:15 AM
Yes! And soon, please!

gadget88
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by gadget88 on Jun 28, 16 11:01 AM
Very annoying, tried buying my way out, but that becomes ridiculous. Tried going out, into another, another, another..it follows you, it won't let you choose not to do the nightmare. So, I give up, I exit out of the game, try later, do a couple till it goes dark again.
Please don't come in and tell me, well..I can't understand why you do not like the night mode, it's so much fun and makes it more interesting..for some maybe, for others like myself, hate it. Period.
All I want are the return of the original game, the adventures with the characters, I am guessing that's not going to happen at all.

Edited on 06/28/2016 at 11:02:41 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jun 28, 16 11:05 AM
Will they really change it?
I've hardly played in the past 2 weeks, I tried but I'm really not dealing with the night mode... not only it physically hurts some of us, it adds way too much stress to a game, when games are supposed to be fun and help relieve stress, not cause it.
And this was like my favorite game.
I so hope it's not ruined forever. I have other friends in game who quit.
Can't do night mode, nope. Nightmare for me too
But are we really expecting it to change? I can only hope. I'm not giving up altogether just yet... keeping my eyes open for next updates. But if it stays, I'm afraid I will have to go away... too bad, I really loved MC. Happy gaming to all and hopefully some of us can go back and keep playing with you soon

p.s. every word, totally agree (and I too am doubting if they'll change it back?! I think they ruined a wonderful game for many of us, total bummer, but hey, maybe they'll surprise us, I'll be first to jump happily and say sorry for being wrong...)

gadget88 wrote:Very annoying, tried buying my way out, but that becomes ridiculous. Tried going out, into another, another, another..it follows you, it won't let you choose not to do the nightmare. So, I give up, I exit out of the game, try later, do a couple till it goes dark again.
Please don't come in and tell me, well..I can't understand why you do not like the night mode, it's so much fun and makes it more interesting..for some maybe, for others like myself, hate it. Period.
All I want are the return of the original game, the adventures with the characters, I am guessing that's not going to happen at all.

Edited on 06/28/2016 at 11:11:52 AM PST

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Jun 28, 16 1:00 PM
I can play the night mode just fine, I guess because I've played most of the hos so much I know where the objects are but I don't like it especially when you get it way more then the other modes. I agree once you reach max you should be able to turn it off.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jun 28, 16 4:37 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to thank everyone who's taken the time to post their feedback for the new modes in the game. As norry6 mentioned, the Forum Moderation Team is working to pass on the opinions and comments we receive from our players. The developers and our teams working with them definitely appreciate receiving feedback and suggestions like these. While the Moderation Team doesn't receive details on whether or not specific changes will be made to the game, we'll absolutely continue to work to advocate for our users and send posts like these along.

If anyone has further suggestions or feedback, please feel free to post in the forums or to contact a Moderator directly. Additionally, our Customer Support Team is always happy to help send along suggestions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jun 28, 16 10:34 PM
After doing so many HO's on a time limit for the mini challenge, it got me to thinking about the Spring Terraces... wow ... I REALLY hope the devs consider an on/off button under "Options" for each of these modes... the mirror mode also seems to affect some, making them dizzy...

Doing them slowly, a little at a time, didn't bother me... doing so many, and hearing that clock in my head ticking away, so I felt I had to do them as quickly as possible... okay... after over 800 HO's, ... well, I wouldn't be feeling all that swift when they were normal... now.... I don't feel good ... I'm not completing a mini challenge like that again... These new modes with a time constraint, yep, that's a challenge, on the BODY... and if you can't turn them off for spring... the hand-writing is already on the wall regarding that issue...

Phayta
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by Phayta on Jun 28, 16 10:55 PM
gohill wrote:After doing so many HO's on a time limit for the mini challenge, it got me to thinking about the Spring Terraces... wow ...

Whoa, I didn't even think about Spring Terrace. And I have 485 visits to go before the final achievement!

I agree with all who say you be able to go without the new modes after the achievement has been reached.

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Jun 29, 16 2:40 AM
Night mode is a NIGHTMARE for me.

I have MS and blurred and double vision and the only way that I can do a HOS in night mode is to use the 'hint' button..it takes an hour to do one scene waiting for the 2 minute reset, looking for 22 objects.

I only managed 2 HOS yesterday. All my scenes are now in night mode. How are we supposed to collect enough coins to continue whilst waiting for a HOS to reset when doing a quest if night mode is stopping people like myself playing during this time?

My daughter has done a couple for me and she has great eyesight but suffers from migraines. She said it was making her feel sick. As she also said, this is ridiculous, do they not care about people with visual difficulties and impairments...!!

I am in my third year of play and now no chance of getting to the end.

Shame on the dev's for not thinking this through!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 29, 16 9:53 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that the Moderation Team continues to pass along feedback regarding the modes in this particular game. It is understandable the concern that players have with these modes and the Spring Terraces. The Midnight Castle team is aware of these concerns and have let us know that they will be addressed in a future update.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of the Active Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 06/29/2016 at 11:38:19 AM PST

[Post New]by Mycrofthell on Jun 29, 16 10:25 AM
I am probably get stoned for my reply, but I don't find the Night Mode so annoying.
I have one room where it get a little tricky since I have problems finding anything even with all the lights on... but otherwise I don't find it so problamatic.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jun 29, 16 12:08 PM
You're lucky, then, Mycrofthell. Be grateful. Others are truly suffering & being driven out.

Go to: