Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jun 28, 16 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 06/28/2016 at 11:55:21 AM PST

Newmenor
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Newmenor on Jun 28, 16 1:44 AM
Just a small review after playing the demo. A gentle paced game with morphing objects and lots of collectibles. Music is unobtrusive and it is a pleasure to play a game with a fairy tale feel to it. A game of bright colours (could change later on) and very relaxing to play. To many dark games out atm and this game, for me, is a joy. Well done devs and will be purchasing.

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Jun 28, 16 5:01 AM
Developed by the same people, who did the Lost Lands series! I indeed enjoy playing this fantasy genre......

Will say more, when I played the whole game.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Jun 28, 16 5:39 AM
They also do the New York Mysteries. Love the games by this developer and this one is no exception. I've fallen out of love with having to have every CE and even with this nice introductory price I will wait for the SE or able to purchase at a better price.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Jun 28, 16 5:55 AM
First off, a lovely surprise with a CE on Tuesday. I have demoed the game and enjoy it. It is a nice change from the dark atmospheres in many games lately.

I haven't figured out the collectibles or the morphing objects completely, but there are some.

It is an enjoyable game for me.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Jun 28, 16 6:04 AM
I so appreciate the less gloomy graphics but this game is not for me. There are 3 levels of game play with no custom level nor an option to mute dialogue. I'm spoiled by other CEs that offer these features. As always, try for yourself.
Happy gaming,
lea

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jun 28, 16 6:54 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Darkness and Flame: Born of Fire Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 28, 16 10:20 AM
Let there be color. Very colorful and is a nice change from the dark games. It seems to be more adventure than HOS so far. There are many morphing objects and collectibles. It looks like this will be a nice easy game which is fine with me. I had fun playing the demo and that's what matters to me the most.

sheaflyin
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheaflyin on Jun 28, 16 1:50 PM
I was able to change the settings to custom. I selected the middle option, can't remember what's it's called, and unchecked the boxes I didn't want and then I changed the hint and skip times. Hope that helps

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jun 28, 16 5:00 PM
with this nice little CE surprise today (of course, I bought it) and am quite enjoying it........... hope it doesn't mean that we are not going to get our usual CE Thursday & Saturday (sigh) - I so look forward to those days for the CE's

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jun 29, 16 10:48 PM
further to............... finished this game - quite enjoyed it. no problems at all (running win 8.1 - very rarely do I have any issues with games. In any event - enjoyed the game. sure hope to get another good one Thursday AM. This was a very pleasant surprise - but I do look forward to Thursday and Saturday CE games. And really hope they are HOPA games.

thanks BFG for this gem.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jul 6, 16 12:54 AM
I just love this game from the fabulous graphics down to the story line. I almost don't want to go into detail as it might be a spoiler. Love you BN games!!!

shreksma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by shreksma on Jul 13, 16 1:52 AM
Best game ever - please provide more like this and I'll buy every one of them ! The entire game I felt like I was right there - the graphics and music were excellent. Fantastic.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 15, 16 1:58 PM
What a very enjoyable game

The whole game was Graphics, music, settings selections, story-line, mini-games, collections, morphs, hidden object scenes, guide, map, hints ...All were a very nice surprise

I just have to give this a well earned out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability score

Played on my desktop PC running factory installed Windows 10 with no problem

Go to: