Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Neither this game nor the prequel will even launch!

[Post New]by Cygnata on Jun 28, 16 12:41 AM
I get half a black screen, and NOTHING else. All my video drivers are freshly updated, I've ripped both games out and re-installed them clean after deleting all traces, everything. I've played the prequel game ONCE, back when it first came out. Since the release of the sequel, zilch. All other games run just fine.

Re:Neither this game nor the prequel will even launch!

[Post New]by Tourmalina on Jul 26, 16 7:05 PM
I am having the exact same problem ! The prequel worked fine on my old windows 7 laptop, but with my new laptop nothing. I have tried everything in the forum, yesterday I sent an email with a Dr Felix report attached. The email I got back said that they hadn't had time to read my email and here is a replacement game and a link to the forums if I wish to keep trouble shooting. Thats very nice but I want to play THIS game. This is the response that I got with another game that I had trouble with this year. A couple of years ago when I had problems with games an actual person with a name emailed me, read the Dr Felix report and took me through a step by step solution that was not in the forum. It was excellent, I am so sad about just how much big fishes customer service has declined.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jul 26, 16 7:17 PM
Tourmalina wrote:I am having the exact same problem ! The prequel worked fine on my old windows 7 laptop, but with my new laptop nothing. I have tried everything in the forum, yesterday I sent an email with a Dr Felix report attached. The email I got back said that they hadn't had time to read my email and here is a replacement game and a link to the forums if I wish to keep trouble shooting. Thats very nice but I want to play THIS game. This is the response that I got with another game that I had trouble with this year. A couple of years ago when I had problems with games an actual person with a name emailed me, read the Dr Felix report and took me through a step by step solution that was not in the forum. It was excellent, I am so sad about just how much big fishes customer service has declined.

I hear how that is frustrating. I got that kind of a response a ways back for a game I had trouble with.

But on a strange and surprising note, today, I got an update pushed out to my GM for Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams and that game was from 2014 I think. So maybe they are working on a fix for this game as well. Here's hoping for you!

[Post New]by flargas on Oct 10, 16 4:26 PM
I played the prequel just fine, but i'm having the same issue with this game. Unistalled and reinstalled, but I still just get half a black screen and no game.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 10, 16 5:14 PM
Hello everyone,

First of all, my apologies for not swimming by earlier to help out with those who reported these issues earlier. It looks like there's some trouble getting this game to display properly as it is only giving either half a black screen, a blank screen, or doesn't start at all. We certainly want to help get this game up and running for you if we can, so I'd like to provide some preliminary troubleshooting to try if you haven't already as well as how to receive more assistance as there seems to be concern with the replies received from us.

First, what I recommend is to try some steps from the following page, especially the section labelled "Update your video card driver" as usually this can resolve a blank screen being displayed rather than the game proper:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For blank screen issues that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, can provide support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

If you receive a response from Support that doesn't seem to address your issue, you may have received an automated response developed to quickly say that we've received the request and to provide some steps that may assist more quickly. If that message isn't able to help or seems off topic, then please find that message and reply directly to it. This will escalate your request and also notifies our teams that you need individualized support for your request and that the automated message was unable to help you with that request.

Since this seems to be discussing a technical issue with this game, I want to go ahead and lock this thread and reopen the designated technical issues thread, this way any future technical issues can be reported there and we can send that information to the right teams for follow up. Thanks for understanding, and if anyone wants to report a technical issue with this game, please report it to the following thread: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: The Others Collectors' Edition here

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgIlinalta

Go to: