msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

Confusion about day change time for gifting neighbors

[Post New]by msmithnc on Jun 28, 16 3:26 PM
Before the outage a couple of weeks ago, I would have sworn that the regular day change was also the day change for gifting neighbors. I try to gift as soon after the day change time as possible, but I can't always do that. Before, if I was an hour or two later than that, when I went back the next day I could gift again if it was after the regular day change time.

Now it seems that's not true; it's happened two or three times since the outage that I couldn't gift right after the day change and had to wait until it was at least 24 hours after the last gifts. If that's true, it means that my gifting time will get later and later and later unless I skip a day, which I hate to do if at all possible! I liked the regular 24-hour schedule (on the day change time, which for me is 5PM in the summer), which made it a lot easier to keep track. Has anyone else noticed this anomaly?

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

Re:Confusion about day change time for gifting neighbors

[Post New]by clm5457 on Jun 28, 16 3:37 PM
msmith, it's the same for me. It use to be 5:00 pm now it's 6:00 pm which I dread because it interferes with dinner. Another problem that needs to be fixed.

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Jun 28, 16 4:09 PM
Oh my gosh, I hope this is a glitch that will be fixed. Once in a while I get swamped and am not able to gift until the next day before the day change. I've been able to gift my neighbors as late as two hours before the day change and then gift again after. If this is permanent, I'd better be more efficient!!

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Jun 28, 16 4:17 PM
Day-change happens 1 hour later, after the 'Server-Crash' -- actually at 01:00h AM Moscow time.

@ clm5457

To fix your dinner ask Tech. Support Team

Hunting for a meal
Sir Vival

Edited on 06/28/2016 at 4:18:39 PM PST

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Jun 28, 16 5:14 PM
sir_vival wrote:

@ clm5457

To fix your dinner ask Tech. Support Team

Hunting for a meal
Sir Vival

Good one Sir Vival. But waiting for Tech Support to fix it would be a joke.
Hunting for a meal. Cute.

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Jun 28, 16 6:52 PM
Food, glorious food!
Hot sausage and mustard!
While we're in the mood --
Cold jelly and custard!
Pease pudding and saveloys!
What next is the question?
Rich gentlemen have it, boys --
In-di-gestion!

Food, glorious food!
We're anxious to try it.
Three banquets a day --
Our favourite diet!

Just picture a great big steak --
Fried, roasted or stewed.
Oh, food,
Wonderful food,
Marvellous food,
Glorous food.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic, but this song popped into my head while I was reading this thread and I can't get rid of it so I though I'd share my good fortune................

See what fun this forum can be?! May I have some more, please?

PlusJenney
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by PlusJenney on Jun 28, 16 7:32 PM
Gee thanks a lot Thurber - now it's stuck in my head too!

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Jun 28, 16 8:11 PM
LOL. So glad I don't know that song, or it would be going round my head too!
I've heard that the best way to be rid of a song-in-head like that is to hear it's ending in there (in the same head where it's been going round).

Anyway - on the gift time change - I've got it too. Hope my neighbors don't mind. It's seems all strange hours now.

[Post New]by Trucker1979 on Jun 29, 16 5:49 AM
I noticed the hour later or more to get around to gifting neighbor but I still do it between 4 and 5 pm my time as I normally did before the crash. I kind of like the extra hour, but on the other hand its nnot good for those with less than 20 neighbors for when there is the "Visit neighbors 20 times" Challenge of the Day. Fortunately I am all good in that department, can not say much for those with less than 20 including Elvira who does count.

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Jun 29, 16 6:35 AM
Found myself being able to gift after 11pm my time last night. My timer is really weird. Got the free spin chests also. Very strange.

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Jun 30, 16 3:19 PM
I thought learning that the day change time had changed (from 5PM my local time to 6PM) had solved my problem, and yesterday waited until after 6 to gift. But today it's telling me I have already gifted today, and it's after 6PM ! It's almost starting to seem like the time for gifting (and the time the lottery pops up) is now random......

edited: I was able to start gifting about 6:25, which seems strange! I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Edited on 06/30/2016 at 3:28:03 PM PST

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Jul 3, 16 3:09 PM
i thought it was just me, i thought i must be going nuts?!!? or senile, or i am in some parallel dimension?!?
i am so confused right now with the day change too, i dont know if i'm gifting every day, or twice a day or what's going on, i dont have the energy even to try and figure out what my new time is, i just log in and try gifting, if it goes through i'll gift everyone else, if i have already i'll come back tomorrow eh

Energyworker
Herring
Herring
335 Posts

[Post New]by Energyworker on Jul 5, 16 6:25 PM
I am getting the same thing. Usually I can gift around 6pm when it resets however usually I do it in the evenings before I go to bed. Then the next day when it resets I can gift again. Sometimes when i am tired I gift in the morning before I go to work which is what I did this morning. Now 9:19 pm at night it says I have already gifted and have to wait until tomorrow which makes no sense since it has technically been reset at 6pm. This is nuts. The programming is not recognizing time date changes as everything should be reset to zero once the time changes each day. (I used to be a computer programmer.)

[Removed by Moderator]

[Post New]by AnnaGreenil on Jul 8, 16 9:29 PM

Edited on 07/09/2016 at 10:06:34 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jul 9, 16 5:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

I understand that some people have been seeing a new day change in the game. At this time, the Forum Moderation Team doesn't have specific information on whether this change was a result of the recent connectivity issues in the game. However, I'm going to go ahead and pass along the posts here regarding this so that the appropriate team is aware of the situation. I appreciate everyone who's taken the time to report this here.

I also wanted to thank everyone for their patience as the spam is removed from the forums. The Moderation Team must manually delete spam posts and ban the spammers each day, and so it may stay visible for longer than we would like. However, we'll certainly continue to make sure these posts are removed so that the forum stays an organized, easy to navigate place for everyone.

In case anyone would like more information on the presence of spam in the forums, I've included a link to an announcement regarding this below:

An important announcement regarding spam posts - August 12, 2015

Thank you for your understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Jul 31, 16 5:56 PM
The day change time had seemed to be settled down for awhile at an hour later than before the outage last month (now 6PM Eastern US time), until tonight, when I tried to gift from a little after 6PM until 9pm, and still got told that I had already gifted that neighbor that day. I'm pretty sure I have never been later than 8PM with gifting, so I'm not sure what's going on now. Sorry neighbors!!!

cansrve
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cansrve on Jul 31, 16 5:59 PM
msmithnc

Any chance you may have forgot to refresh after day change? Even tho the day change popup/awards arrive the game doesn't seem to recognize it for gifting/visiting neighbours until you refresh.

Just something to consider

tdskm
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by tdskm on Jul 31, 16 6:29 PM
Cansrve,
oh I have done that so many times I have lost count.slap self on the forehead and tell myself how dumb can I get.(ouch)

msmithnc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
439 Posts

[Post New]by msmithnc on Aug 1, 16 6:34 AM
Thanks, cansrve, it is possible that I logged on just before the day change without realizing I was a minute or two early! That never occurred to me, but I will definitely pay attention in future!

Go to: