Jackie34918
Flounder
Flounder
2,054 Posts

WOW! The devs are really listening

[Post New]by Jackie34918 on Jun 29, 16 1:43 PM
No more night mode until next update where it will be optional. Thank you so much devs!

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:WOW! The devs are really listening

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Jun 29, 16 1:47 PM
Thank you, Developers, and the Moderators who took our concerns to them. It really is much appreciated!

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Jun 29, 16 1:52 PM
I thought they handled this extremely well - and at what passes for lightning speed in the development world.

It never bothered me, so I'm glad that it will come back so that I can complete the achievement. I'm also glad that I'll be able to turn it off after that, because it is my least favorite mode.

Mostly, though, I'm happy that those players who had to back away from the game due to night mode can resume playing normally again.

Mods, please thank the developers for doing such a great job in addressing this issue.

Edited on 06/30/2016 at 6:19:09 AM PST

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Jun 29, 16 1:54 PM
I wondered why I hadn't had a night mode all evening.

Although i did enjoy playing that bit, that was until my game started to disconnect every 5 minutes, then it was a pain in the neck.

I am pleased though that the Devs have listened and helped, people with eye probs.
Thanks for that.

dianatron
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by dianatron on Jun 29, 16 2:08 PM
I too must add my thanks to the Devs. I was getting nowhere fast backing out of every night mode. I, like Sadie, have 'floaters' in my eyes, plus a dose of macular degeneration in the left eye, it got to a point when the tears flowed freely after a few hours of play, so again Devs, I thank you

whitemane
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by whitemane on Jun 29, 16 2:21 PM
ECHO to the above comments!!!!!

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Jun 29, 16 2:38 PM
Compassion over egos! This was a good idea. Some of us could do it by slowing way down. But for the ones that really had problems with their vision, this is a very good idea.

Thank you for taking into consideration that a large portion of players are "on up in years". We have to change as our health issues change. We used to have the eye sight where we could almost see through doors. Now if we can make it through those doors smoothly, we are thankful.

Thank you devs and mods for understanding the needs of your players and working to solve the problem. God bless all of you.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jun 29, 16 2:48 PM
YAYAYAYAY!!!!! Thank you Devs!

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jun 29, 16 3:20 PM
BIG thank you to and to you and the Big Elephant.

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Jun 29, 16 3:56 PM
This is good news! I'm glad they fixed this. The game putting people in physical discomfort is not good and it wil return optional for those who do like and/or want to get the acheivement. Way to go!

begwood1
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by begwood1 on Jun 29, 16 5:50 PM
This is really the best possible solution! No one needs to do it if they don't want to, but those of us who haven't reached the achievement (or just like the variety and challenge) can do it if we want after the update.

I kind of like doing it once in a while, but I have to say playing this afternoon without it was a relief. The silhouette mode, on the other hand, I love -- if I had the option to chose that every time, I usually would.

Thanks for the devs (and the moderators, for keeping the communication flowing) for a quick and helpful resolution.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jun 29, 16 5:57 PM
That's fantastic news!!!!!!!! and it shall return... I do think, most of us are going to be grateful we can turn it "off" for Spring, whether you love it or not... that's a lot of the same HO's ... it would be a change from the same HO, but even that could get old... being able to turn it on and off at will... FANTASTIC!!!!!!! (doing the HAPPY dance )

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jun 29, 16 8:07 PM
I must admit that I was fast developing a dislike for the night mode after getting it 5 times in a row, then a break for two HOS & then 5 in a row again.

Even though I could see the items outside the flashlight area it still played games with me as those scenes were always floaty & the flashlight was miles behind the cursor.

It will be great to be able to disable it in the long term.

Trixie

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Jun 29, 16 9:02 PM
Wonderful news! I do want the achievement, so I'll probably turn it on for that, then turn it off.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

[Post New]by Lyrianonly on Jun 29, 16 9:36 PM
Great solution. Warms my heart to see developers caring so much for their players. You rock, developers! I'll be glad to get nights back into the rotation myself, but it will be awesome to turn it off if it gets bothersome, and it is beyond awesome that the people having problems with this won't anymore. Yay all the way!

Angeli64
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Angeli64 on Jun 29, 16 9:55 PM

Welsh_wizard23
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Welsh_wizard23 on Jun 30, 16 3:41 AM

I wondered where it had gone..............

Tibtt
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Tibtt on Jun 30, 16 12:48 PM
Also - there is another thing that some of us asked for - the descriptions of already woned Avatars - and they put them in

Now I can finaly read what description had Halloween Witch

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jun 30, 16 4:21 PM
I was one of the people that it didn't bother too much and I a only 60 HOS' in that category for the avatar! It had always led the pack. I am glad it will be back as an option so like someone else mentioned, we have the chance to obtain the avatar.

AussieSweet
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by AussieSweet on Jun 30, 16 4:36 PM
Welsh_wizard23 wrote:
I wondered where it had gone..............

Same here.

Go to: